Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Who's your favorite horror director?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 152
Kubrick is my favorite director- and I love The Shining....
But William Friedkin did the scariest horror ever: THE EXORCIST.
I'm a grown-ass man, and I still can't watch that without getting freaked.
No doubt, The Exorcist is mega creepy. When I first saw it I didn't think it was that bad because I had heard so much about it. After I rewatched it again though I realised it was one that got in your head!

No doubt, The Exorcist is mega creepy. When I first saw it I didn't think it was that bad because I had heard so much about it. After I rewatched it again though I realised it was one that got in your head!
It's the documentary feeling, the film stock that has heavy grain.
Plus - and this is why it is genius - Friedkin incrementally increased the exposure to scenes of possessed Regan.
The first time - a minute, the second time- minute and 1/2, third time- 2 minutes, etc.
He keeps slowly increasing the exposure until you get the full-on final showdown.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and Sigill
It's the documentary feeling, the film stock that has heavy grain.
Plus - and this is why it is genius - Friedkin incrementally increased the exposure to scenes of possessed Regan.
The first time - a minute, the second time- minute and 1\2, third time- 2 minutes, etc.
He keeps slowly increasing the exposure until you get the full-on final showdown.
That's a good spot, I never really noticed that. Just that by the end all hell is breaking loose! Lol. Yeah it does have a realistic look, it definatly adds to the atmosphere!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95