PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
427aa49b2f4537793bdf942d04c31fc8.jpg

Reactions: C.C. 95
Everything Hans Zimmer does, truly my favorite composer, always been. I used to praise him ages ago with his work in movies like Rain Man, Black Rain and Pacific Heights. When I talked about Hans Zimmer, nobody seemed to know him, "Who? Hans Zimmer, never heard". I'm sure people know him now lol :). I hope to see him live soon.

For example, Interstellar soundtrack is amazing

Off the top of my head - the Cruel Intentions soundtrack. I wore out the first copy of it I bought & had to buy it again. The soundtrack was kind of like the soundtrack to my teen years!
Cruel_Intentions_Soundtrack.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
I could do alot of talking about soundtracks. As @Hamill82 mentioned, you can't escape how truly awesome Hans Zimmer is. Just to reel off some of his work, Pirates of the Caribbean, Inception, The Dark Knight trilogy, Crimson Tide, True Romance, The Last Samurai, Gladiator, The Lion King, The Da Vinci Code.... I mean there are just so many soundtracks by the guy that are fantastic. You can go on YouTube, type him in and you'll get these multiple hour long mixes of his work and they are always a go to favourite for me to have on in the background.

Basil Poledouris: Has done some fantastic movies in his time. The original Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is a massive highlight, as well as some of the tracks he did for Robocop. Remember the original Starship Troopers? He did that, and Klendathu Drop will always be my favourite. Makes me want 'to know more'. The Hunt for Red October I would also recommend.

Brad Fiedel: This guy was part of my upbringing. The shear amount of times I watched Terminator 2: Judgment Day, first on VHS, DVD, and now Blu Ray is mind-boggling. I still even have two mint copies of the first two Terminator films on VHS which came in a steel tin. I call it my OG steelbook. The Terminator theme is iconic, and no more so than the T2 version, which expanded and improved on the theme from the first movie. No one has come close to making a decent re-imagine of that film until Lorne Balfe's attempt for Genisys which I liked. 'It's Over' from the T2 soundtrack (2017 remaster) is a track which will actually make me feel sad. As I said, I invested so much time into this film that seeing the T-800 lowered into that molten steel pulls on my heart strings and when the second part of this track begins, you know exactly when Sarah is pushing that button to lower the chains. It's a gorgeous piece of music.

James Horner: Last one I'll mention. Did Wrath of Khan, and Search for Spock, the latter of which had a great arrangement called 'Stealing the Enterprise' which plays during what is probably my favourite part of the film. As for Wrath of Khan, again another soundtrack that was part of my upbringing. Has done other soundtracks that I really like such as Enemy at the Gates, Avatar and that little film called Aliens.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
I"m amazed Ennio Morricone isn't mentioned a lot here. His output is astonishing and volume of work astonishing, Everything from Westerns to Horror..... A Fistful of Dollars, The Thing, The Hateful Eight, loads I could mention... And still working away at nearly 90. Even more remarkable he doesn't speak a word of English......

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
James Horner: Last one I'll mention. Did Wrath of Khan, and Search for Spock, the latter of which had a great arrangement called 'Stealing the Enterprise' which plays during what is probably my favourite part of the film. As for Wrath of Khan, again another soundtrack that was part of my upbringing. Has done other soundtracks that I really like such as Enemy at the Gates, Avatar and that little film called Aliens.

I was astonished when he died and nothing was mentioned of Star Trek 11 or Aliens on the news 2 of the both soundtracks he ever done. All the news went on about was Titanic. Sorry but Titanic was nice but not in the same league as his early stuff..

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
John Carpenter is another one I adore. Had the pleasure to see him last year and I absolutely love everything he does. I cannot pick any specific soundtrack, since I pretty much love them all.

Few from his live tour

I also recommend his Lost themes 1 & 2, brilliant stuff

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Lord of the Rings epic

Anything Hans Zimmer especially Interstellar, Da Vinci Code , Angles and Demons , Time from Inception , Tge Pacific etc etc
The Village
Happy Potter final chapter

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
Every Tarantino movie, too hard to pick a favourite! Tron Legacy by Daft Punk, amazing soundtrack. John Carpenter has done some great ones too, The Fog, Escape From New York, Assault on Prefinct 13. Drive is also fantastic as is The Neon Demon!

soundtracks are very hit or miss for me, but I love the soundtracks from The Great Gatsby and Waiting to Exhale. The Hunger Games soundtracks are really good too, even if I'm not a huge fan of the films. A lot of great hidden gems on those albums.