I'm a twist kinda guy so here's mine (in no particular order):
1. Planet of the Apes (1968)
2. The Others (2001)
3. Fight Club (1999)
4. The Descent (2005)
5. The Sixth Sense (1999)
6. Secret Window (2004)
7. Dark City (1998)
8. Abre los ojos (Open your Eyes ) (1997)
9. Twelve Monkeys (1995)
10. The Devil's Advocate (1997)
11. The Forgotten (2004)

Last edited:
Shyamalan's early films all had some great twists. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, The Village, Signs.

Usual Suspects

I can't remember some of the other ones that made me go.. "what just happened?"

Most been mentioned already:

The Game
Arlington Road
Se7en
The Sixth Sense
Shawshank Redemption
The Usual Suspects
Saw

Here's mine in no particular order:

1. Planet of the Apes (1968)
2. The Others (2001)
3. Fight Club (1999)
4. The Descent (2005)
5. The Sixth Sense (1999)
6. Secret Window (2004)
7. Dark City (1998)
8. Abre los ojos (Open your Eyes ) (1997)
9. Twelve Monkeys (1995)
10. The Devil's Advocate (1997)
11. The Forgotten (2004)

Reactions: Flash
Couple that hasnt been mentioned are Enemy & Predestination
Enemy is just insane. I haven't read All You Zombies but I already knew the plot of Predestination thanks to Michio Kaku's Time traveler's story.

Enemy is just insane. I haven't read All You Zombies but I already knew the plot of Predestination thanks to Michio Kaku's Time traveler's story.
Yea Enemy just blew my mind. :wow:
I havent read All you zombies either; nor did i know of Michio's time traveler story. I didnt even try to predict the twists as i watched. I just let myself be amazed, and amazed i was!

As far as endings go, most recently, The Girl with All the Gifts had an excellent ending.
The Lobster and Train to Busan had 'sad' endings but in my opinion they were...logical.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Not a twist, but it does say twist/ending...

Some Like It Hot.

But you don't understand, Osgood! I'm a man!
Well, nobody's perfect!

On the top of my head are The Mist , Sixth Sense and Unbreakable but these coming left me like WTF happened, Butterfly effect and The Village

Couple that hasnt been mentioned are Enemy & Predestination
Literally came in here to post the exact same films. Both are two of my favourites! :thumbs:

I do love a good twist... one I always remember is The Life of David Gale, as I think it was the first time a film managed to blow my mind. I also really liked Shyamalan back in the day when he used to be king of the plot twist... it's great to hear Split is him returning to form, so I can't wait to check it out!

Most of the other films with big twists that I like have already been mentioned in here, but almost everything by Fincher and Villeneuve have some of the best WTF endings IMO. :D

Literally came in here to post the exact same films. Both are two of my favourites! :thumbs:

I do love a good twist... one I always remember is The Life of David Gale, as I think it was the first time a film managed to blow my mind. I also really liked Shyamalan back in the day when he used to be king of the plot twist... it's great to hear Split is him returning to form, so I can't wait to check it out!

Most of the other films with big twists that I like have already been mentioned in here, but almost everything by Fincher and Villeneuve have some of the best WTF endings IMO. :D
Split definitely has him returning to form but he's still not Perfect Night yet (yes, that's a DBZ pun if you didnt know/never watched :LOL:).
Anyways, watch Split as soon as possible before people start ruining it for you.

I'm glad i found Villenueve way before Sicario fame. And i'm kinda proud to say he's Canadian :smug:;)
Speaking of, Arrival also has some twists. But i saw a few coming a little earlier than intended only because i know his method/style.

Split definitely has him returning to form but he's still not Perfect Night yet (yes, that's a DBZ pun if you didnt know/never watched :LOL:).
Anyways, watch Split as soon as possible before people start ruining it for you.

I'm glad i found Villenueve way before Sicario fame. And i'm kinda proud to say he's Canadian :smug:;)
Speaking of, Arrival also has some twists. But i saw a few coming a little earlier than intended only because i know his method/style.
I honestly don't think Shyamalan will ever be as great as he used to be unfortunately... people told me The Visit was him returning to form, yet I hated it. I still have my doubts about Split too, but the trailers really excited me and I'm usually pretty good at judging films by their trailers... and surely it can't be as bad as his last few films!?

Enemy was the film that introduced me to Villeneuve, and it absolutely blew my mind. It's easily my favourite film of his, which is saying a lot since all his films are great! I know exactly what you mean about Arrival, because I found some of it quite predictable also... it was still very enjoyable though. :)

Split, for sure.

I've said it in other threads but I literally jumped out of my seat (lucky I was the only one in the theater) when I started to piece together what was about to happen.

Planet of the Apes 1968
Les Diaboliques 1955
Chinatown 1974
Soylent Green 1973
Psycho 1960

By and large "twists" in films leave me cold, that list are just a few of the films that didn't.....