Favorite SteelBook of 2014 so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
It's about that time of year again where we start a casual chat about what your favorite Steelbook is thus far. It must have been released in 2014.

See the release thread here

*Note, this is not a thread for 'nominations' for our later vote in the year-this one is just for you to chime in with your personal faves this year.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• favorite-icon.png
    favorite-icon.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
1. 47 ronin (german) just beautiful
2. Thor the dark world (usa) simply the best version with lovely debossed title sold out on opening day
3. Rush uk, remember everyone umming an erring whether to buy and when it came out people could not get one for toffee unless you where willing to pay the £50 on flea bay

so for me good steels from varying countrys, nice to see:woot:

Basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Bluprint
If it's a casual chat about favourite steelbook...HD Zeta's How To Train Your Dragon is a clear leader for me so far. KimchiDVD's Rush had pretty ghastly interior artwork and so comes in second, although not a very close second. 101 Dalmatians came out this year as a steelbook - that's a pretty impressive package.

Reactions: digitalbabe
1: Rush Full Slip, Kimchi (The gloss finish on this steel is in a league of it's own) Incredible multi layer 3D effect super creamy effect gloss, and a slip to die for...:drool: :drool: :drool:
2: 47 Ronin Taiwan (Quality embossing and gorgeous high gloss finish)
3: The Pianist & Infernal Affairs, Snowpiercer Full Slip, Kimchi (Outstanding quality yet again from the Korean master)
4: Wolf Of Wall Street UK (Super gloss, embossed, debossed,) Outstanding quality for a non exclusive steel! :woot:

Incoming: Pacific Rim Blufans.
Frozen Blufans.

Last edited:
1) The Godfather & Up Boxset (Blufans)
2) All KimchiDVD Exclusives
3) HTTYD (HDZeta)

For a non-exclusive, it has to go to 47 Ronin (for WW Steelbook), but in particular Korean variant for the awesome slip and low print run.

Coming next couple of months:

1) More Blufans kickass releases (i.e. Pacific Rim, Thor/CA etc)
2) More Awesome exclusives from KimchiDVD (Iron Man/Memento etc)
3) Plain Archive (OldBoy/I Saw The Devil etc)
4) Novamedia Exclusives (Drive/The Lone Survivor etc)

So in brief it's all about Exclusives this year, the rest are peanuts! :p

Reactions: harry
My Top 4 so far...

1. RUSH (Kimchi)
2. LEON (Kimchi)
2. Amelie (Kimchi)
3. Monsters University (Lenti) *Blufans*

Last edited:
image.jpg
Favorite SteelBook of 2014 so far?

Rush Kimchi

I don't have HTTYD, but that's the only other contender for TOP DOG so far.

And as for Rushes interior artwork, it blows Rush UK int art out the freakin' water

So far my favourite steelbooks of 2014 are

1. Leon Full slip Kimchi
2. Robin Hood Zavvi
3. Up Blufans
4. Monsters University Lenticular Blufans
5. 47 Ronin Korea steelbook
6. Rush Kimchi
7. HTDYD HDzeta
8. Enders Game HMV

Incoming::woot: Pacific Rim blufans, Frozen Blufans, I saw the Devil steelbook Plain Archive:drool:, Captain America 2 Blufans:cap:

Reactions: MGD and Bluprint
Nothing has really stood out to me as my stand out favourite so far, to be honest my steelbook purchases have been significantly reduced compared to the last few years, and Ive not imported much at all so my only experiance of kimchi/plain archive/blufans etc have been pictures on here and youtube videos .

Its gonna be an interesting year for votes, after recent years being dominated by the UK with HMV, Play and Zavvi releases, I see other countries really stepping up, and the UK releases becoming more and more lacklustre in comparison, I can see this years winner being a non UK release unless something outstanding comes out between now and the end of the year.

So far
1) Kimchi Frozen (might be beat once the Blufans one actually releases)
2) Rush Full or Pianist Lenti Kimchi
3)Thor 2 US (very high quality, especially for a US release)

Status
Not open for further replies.