The Fifth Element (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: January 29, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - One Click
Price: $34.99
Note: SteelBook is glossed and embossed. Lenti 1300 copies - Full Slip A1 1000 copies - Full Slip A2 300 copies - One Click 200 copies
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

1.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg

14501660928292136.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've quit steelbook collecting but this is one of my favourite films, so a must have purchase. While waiting for my A1 to arrive I went and bought the new 4K remaster. Superb transfer and it should have been included in this release.

View attachment 216771

Is that Region A ??? Is the picture audio significantly better or just a little bit ??? I have the amaray version of this film and I think it's fine.

Is that Region A ??? Is the picture audio significantly better or just a little bit ??? I have the amaray version of this film and I think it's fine.

Region A as per Sigill reply.

I don't have an ATMOS decoder so can't comment on the audio. I only have dual speakers so the audio doesn't sound any different to the other versions I have. PQ is more detailed and less saturated than the Gaumont version, which I think is the previous best version of the film. To me I think the PQ is the best yet.

Region A as per Sigill reply.

I don't have an ATMOS decoder so can't comment on the audio. I only have dual speakers so the audio doesn't sound any different to the other versions I have. PQ is more detailed and less saturated than the Gaumont version, which I think is the previous best version of the film. To me I think the PQ is the best yet.
There's a few reviews online with the Atmos track and I definitely agree.

Reactions: domalorite
I got the 4k remastered disc from Best Buy for $7.50. If I decide to open my full slip type 1 when it comes, I'll swap out the discs.

Reactions: harry
The new 4K remastered disc is a huge upgrade over the older version IMO interns of AV quality and extra bonus material.

Doesn't make any sense at all that Kimchi didn't go for that disc for this release

The new 4K remastered disc is a huge upgrade over the older version IMO interns of AV quality and extra bonus material.

Doesn't make any sense at all that Kimchi didn't go for that disc for this release

Re packaging old discs to sell

Did it all the time when I worked in Cinram back in the days.

Perhaps they couldn't come to an agreement on license pricing, or even the Region block was a deal-breaker, dunno, just guessing

Reactions: jim 80
Hi everyone, so we know this isn't the new 4K release from the U.S but is it the remaster (second release) or the first release that everyone was disappointed with.

Hi everyone, so we know this isn't the new 4K release from the U.S but is it the remaster (second release) or the first release that everyone was disappointed with.

The first release was only a 25gb disc, from what I have seen, the rest have been 50gb, including this release, so this will be the second release.

Reactions: Huguito
Thanks I hope so, it says London though and I'm in Yorkshire so it would of had to travel up on friday and saturday. I thought it would take a while to clear customs.

Reactions: InAFalsetto