Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Thinking of joining the GB? (HMV need an estimate)

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the main problem! the very fact that this is the first exposure millions of readers have to a genre thats been around 200 years or more, and the book is pretty much one of the worst, and that's what annoys me the most. Why weren't all these women already reading this genre? because before now it was seen as taboo and didn't have an Apple level marketing campaign making it "ok" to read it.

It wasn't written for the Twilight crowd, it was written for over 18's and many stores won't sell it to anyone younger. Twilight, Divergent etc are sold in the childrens section of books stores and marketed for mainly mid teens. 50 Shades is an erotic novel and would normally be placed in the section of the store most feel embarrassed browsing.

I am not saying you are not right, what you say makes sense...I have to be honest and say that in the second book I tend to read diagonally the sex scenes at times, I am more interested about the relationship aspect of the story - the sex scenes became too repetitive towards the end of book one..

Reactions: psychoscot
I might actually read the last page lol I wana know now

haha I'd say read last chapter, but it is a build up...so I don't know if you would get the build up of the final scene on an emotional level if you we not involved into the book...

haha I'd say read last chapter, but it is a build up...so I don't know if you would get the build up of the final scene on an emotional level if you we not involved into the book...

I should be able to so I might read the last chapter. I'll have to see. I know it's in the house somewhere.

I have never read the books just always hear girls banging on about it like it's the greatest thing ever but far as the film is concerned it's sucks hard really bad bit like the hard sex and s&m that never happens just endless talk of contract and extreme sex and awkwardness one terrible scene follows straight after the other right to the very end 2 hours of my life wasted. Best thing about the whole dam film the soundtrack by a mile. My lady will be seeing all future films without me.

Reactions: psychoscot
lol it's in the house somewhere :rofl: ...you know this is a case of hate it or Love it, and there is no such thing about bad publicity :naughty:

Lol, I just know my mum owns them. Seen one of them in the lounge before

Be at HMV with some handcuffs / restraints on release day and you'll be sure of a good time...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
This thread is class just CLASS . I have had the most entertanment EVER on a Tuesday morning in here . Just wetting myself with some the of comments THANK YOU SO MUCH .

Well I voted NO . NOT INTERESED IN THE BOOKS OR THE MOVIE .

I have a friend who has read it offerd me the book nnaahhh not for me . Might watch it when it's on free to air thats it.

The film seems like the spark between the two leads on the trailers and adverts looks like the tail end of a match . Not a full on New Years Fireworks display. I have to belive the relationship otherwise for me it is a waste of time .

To me the books and film are aimed as a cash cow at the type of person who is into fantasy unhappy or lacking confidence with thire own lives in whatever way . I prefair my media well written acted belivable . No matter what genre .

The buzz that went round school was like something out of Benny Hill / Carry On type tittalation.

"Ohh have you read that ohh have you read this oohh can not belive thay did that " . My reply Well gang insted of reading about it think up your own stuff that you want to do . Dont you talk to your Housbands ? . Looked as if I had shot 3 out of the 5 of us .

I did not get the Twilight thing eather telepathic Wearwolfs thire supossed to be intimadating not fluffy best comedy I'd seen in ages.

HMV could provide us with something much better than this and have the rights for it. Their are such amazing old titles that do not have a release totally that they could look into or as for sure their are more better titles to come they could consider for...

I personally don't understand the fanfare or reputation that this film has garnered, for me, in terms of this genre of film 'Eyes Wide Shut' is far superior and more risque, just my opinion....

I personally don't understand the fanfare or reputation that this film has garnered, for me, in terms of this genre of film 'Eyes Wide Shut' is far superior and more risque, just my opinion....

Kubrick would be spinning in his grave if he knew you were comparing one of his films to Fifty Shades of Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.