Fight Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 6) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: March 30, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order February 16 at 8 PM HKT, UTC+8) - Check your local timing HERE
Prices: $38.99 (Full slip - Single Lenti) - $39.99 (Double Lenti) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv - One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Single Lenti

FS_packshot.jpgLS_packshot.jpgDLS_packshot.jpgone_click_packshot.jpg
Fight Club.jpg

[ME#6] Fight Club Steelbook reveal.
Took long time and some difficulties but we are super happy to reveal this artwork. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
#controversial but I will pass on this as I hate the film. Thought it was waaay overrated.

BUT.... that is an awesome looking steel, and I'm sure that Manta will do a cracking job and I can see that there are a LOT of happy ninjas. Enjoy guys:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Play.com Steelbook for 10.99 blows this artwork. Even the Futurepak has a better artwork. Hoping they change the back artwork as hate repetitive artworks.
Yes, the printed text on the back of the Play release really was a treat, wasn't it?!

Each to their own, but think you'll find yourself very much in the minority here. But hey- If that's your opinion then fair enough.

Yes, the printed text on the back of the Play release really was a treat, wasn't it?!

Each to their own, but think you'll find yourself very much in the minority here. But hey- If that's your opinion then fair enough.

Of course. It was my opinion and I like both Play.com Steelbook and the Futurepak. Remember these were cheap as chips good quality items and this is going to cost 4x the price. The reason I don't like this is the repetitive artwork at the back. They could have used something else.

Jumping in on the on-going discussion here, I like the Play.com release. The printed text are only credits.

Only thing I'd change is the finish, has to be gloss with any Fight Club promo art I've seen.

Play.com Steelbook for 10.99 blows this artwork. Even the Futurepak has a better artwork. Hoping they change the back artwork as hate repetitive artworks.

I have the futurepack and it is excellent all things considered.

Conidering they say it took a long time, the design on this looks like it took all of ten minutes - and considering this is going to be about forty five quid they can waltz!

Excited for this! Manta Lab has become one of my most trusted retailers. They do outstanding work and ordering from them directly is a breeze.

I'm probably one of the few who hasn't seen this movie yet but the hype surrounding it makes me think it'll be a good blind buy :thumbs:

Purchasing this for sure, love the artwork hope the lenti is cool as their previous releases have been in the past.

I have the futurepack and it is excellent all things considered.

Conidering they say it took a long time, the design on this looks like it took all of ten minutes - and considering this is going to be about forty five quid they can waltz!

I think the long time relates to getting it approved and the process they have had to go through.
Plus it's fox and they are picky so I imagine it has taken a while especially to get wea passed which can be rare-ish with fox

John from manta has made it very clear how long some of these things take as well as other retailers over the years

It's not like a global editon where the studio would say use one of these designs as a lenti and one as a full slip

I think the long time relates to getting it approved and the process they have had to go through.
Plus it's fox and they are picky so I imagine it has taken a while especially to get wea passed which can be rare-ish with fox

John from manta has made it very clear how long some of these things take as well as other retailers over the years

It's not like a global editon where the studio would say use one of these designs as a lenti and one as a full slip

Oh very true - Fox are a pain in most things; especially the US arm who they most likely have to deal with out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
the only little thing what bothers me about this artwork is the absolut straight line through the face / head.. it should be as messy as the other pink parts. :)

Of course. It was my opinion and I like both Play.com Steelbook and the Futurepak. Remember these were cheap as chips good quality items and this is going to cost 4x the price. The reason I don't like this is the repetitive artwork at the back. They could have used something else.
I see where you're coming from, but personally like the fact they've used the left half of Pitt/right half of Norton on one side, then flipped it around for the reverse, essentially showing that they are both one and the same overall.

And hell- Its a lot better than the Lilo & Stitch back artwork, where they've used the same image of Stitch on the back of the case- now THATS bad artwork.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
Sorry to be the one to put a damper on the euphoria greeting this release, but for those residing in Region B territories (UK, Europe, Australasia, etc.), who don't yet own a multiregion player, a degree of caution needs to be exercised.

Fox titles, of which this is one, are distributed in Hong Kong and Taiwan by Deltamac, who tend to region lock their releases.

According to DVD Compare, the existing Hong Kong Blu-ray, released in 2009, is locked to Region A & C. Full specifications can be found here.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=16286

Whilst it's always possible that the disc might be reauthored to make it Region ABC (free), this seems unlikely.

Let's not forget that Manta Lab's release of "The Revenant", another Hong Kong Fox/Deltamac title, was similarly locked to Region A.

Caveat emptor!