Fight Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 6) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: March 30, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order February 16 at 8 PM HKT, UTC+8) - Check your local timing HERE
Prices: $38.99 (Full slip - Single Lenti) - $39.99 (Double Lenti) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv - One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Single Lenti

FS_packshot.jpgLS_packshot.jpgDLS_packshot.jpgone_click_packshot.jpg
Fight Club.jpg

[ME#6] Fight Club Steelbook reveal.
Took long time and some difficulties but we are super happy to reveal this artwork. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
So what was the coding?:wow:
IF FREE then what was the issue, you have test it and its what you know of the product, thats what you have listed, you have been doing the right thing by informing the customer (what about costumer rights?), do they wish that you lie to the customer?

It doesn't matter to them. The VERO thing was really a pain in the neck for many. Think they relaxed the rules a bit recently.

N
What are you talking about? Can you name some releases?

Lionsgate, eONE and minor studios Region lock their titles. this happens in pretty much all the regions.
Warner, Universal - Region Free
Paramount, Sony - 99.9% Region free
Fox - 80% Region Free. UK release likely to Region free over other regions.
BVHE / Disney - 99% Region free. There were few releases that were Region B locked.

The next time I'm have some time I'll go on and check some titles out, but a week or so ago, I had 9 titles on my cart and 6 of them were listed as region B so I removed them...maybe I'm coincidently picking smaller studio titles, I'll pay more attention to it

N

The next time I'm have some time I'll go on and check some titles out, but a week or so ago, I had 9 titles on my cart and 6 of them were listed as region B so I removed them...maybe I'm coincidently picking smaller studio titles, I'll pay more attention to it

UK is arguably the only.countryeith many retailers offering cheap overseas shipping and good prices on Blu-rays mainly Boxsets and Steelbooks. Although Region coding is down to the Studios. major Hollywood Studios tend not to Region lock UK releases. Fox have been more liberal with Region coding UK releases on popular films than rest of the world. Just because retailer lists as Region B doesn't mean it is Region locked.

UK is arguably the only.countryeith many retailers offering cheap overseas shipping and good prices on Blu-rays mainly Boxsets and Steelbooks. Although Region coding is down to the Studios. major Hollywood Studios tend not to Region lock UK releases. Fox have been more liberal with Region coding UK releases on popular films than rest of the world. Just because retailer lists as Region B doesn't mean it is Region locked.

or good prices and cheap shipping.
Oh ok, I guess I will have to buy a few a try them out I supposed. Worst case scenario I just gotta buy a region b player

Most retailers wouldn't want to risk by mentioning as Region free.

Trust me, 2 years back, I had listed Harry Potter Japan Steelbook in eBay. I got an email from eBay CS that I had violated copyrights. All because I mentioned Region coding as Free instead of A and somehow the Studio didn't like it. I was warned that if I do relist the same item, they will suspend my account.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

Risk what?

They should have first hand knowledge of what region code it actually is lol.

There is no risk. Just put the accurate listing up. Very simple. They are hurting their own sales by not making it accurate. If in doubt they can triple check with the studios. You would think a retailer of Zavvi's size would have that information readily available to them.

Risk what?

They should have first hand knowledge of what region code it actually is lol.

There is no risk. Just put the accurate listing up. Very simple. They are hurting their own sales by not making it accurate. If in doubt they can triple check with the studios. You would think a retailer of Zavvi's size would have that information readily available to them.

The problem is Region coding enforcement has been relaxed when it comes to Blu-rays. With DVDs, retailers can boldly go ahead and list the region but for Blu-rays it will always be tricky.

There are instances where Studio stated Region B when the actual disc was actually Region A B or Region Free. So with such inconsistency in authoring by Studios, it is almost impossible for retailers to provide accurate information about Region coding.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: hatredhorror
N

If its a smaller studio or like Studio Canal (which alot of Zavvi are) there is 90% chance its locked.

IF you are in the USA tho, there are plenty of cheap region free trick players you can grab on the cheap. I bought an Insignia for like $40 that has a remote hack (type in some numbers)

That and many Panasonic players have a trick. See this

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...nasonic-bd-players-region-free-for-bds.16109/

If its a smaller studio or like Studio Canal (which alot of Zavvi are) there is 90% chance its locked.

IF you are in the USA tho, there are plenty of cheap region free trick players you can grab on the cheap. I bought an Insignia for like $40 that has a remote hack (type in some numbers)

That and many Panasonic players have a trick. See this

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...nasonic-bd-players-region-free-for-bds.16109/
Also, Bombay Electronics and 220 Electronics have a wide array of region free players from all different manufacturers, and price points. I have purchased from both - both good and trustworthy.
(Plus - they have region free players for European 220v customers)

Not bought a premium steel for a very long time. Think I may have to break it with this. Can't wait to see some more pics!