Fight Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 9, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Thursday May 17 @ around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11768544-1564579638412098.jpg

11768544-5664579638620961.jpg
11768544-6074579639070985.jpg

So the future of steelbook/physical media collecting is safe.
For now yes but in a few years that could change so we might see less be released if the decline in physical media sales continues to drop as expected
USA 2017 physical media sales saw a drop of 14% (2016 was a drop of 10% )
USA 2017 (Music/Video this is all physical media formats ) sales revenue was $4.7 billion
Vinyl records was the only physical media that showed increase in revenue

USA 2017 Subscription streaming services increased by 30% to $9.5 billion

I would say we will still see limited editions of physical media be still around in next 10-15 years but just not as much releases as we see now and been seen in previous years so some limited editions will be more sort after and harder to get if you look at it that way

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Unfair to compare a release costing 16 quid with one costing three times as much (approx.) ...
... and anyway also unfair to compare a steelbook that's already been released with one that hasn't ... where the finish is unknown etc.
Cost is irrelevant. What matters is the obvious difference in quality. A Patek and a Rolex both tell the time but are not equal, at least in regards to craftmanship and finishing.
Beauty, however, is in the eye of the beholder.

Cost is irrelevant. What matters is the obvious difference in quality. A Patek and a Rolex both tell the time but are not equal, at least in regards to craftmanship and finishing.
Beauty, however, is in the eye of the beholder.
Maybe on the planet you come from cost is irrelevant but for most regular folk cost matters.

Not seeing your point vis a vis Patek Philippe and Rolex as both are equally prestigious ... just one company is famous for its sports watches and the other for its dress watches with the discerning gent wearing the Rolex during the day and slipping on the Patek after dark ... unless your point is a comparison of the Patek in the wristwatch world (50,000 units per annum) with the Manta Lab in the steelbook world (several hundred of each release subdivided) to the Rolex watch (at least 700,000 units per annum) / the Zavvi steelbook (several thousand per release) which does kind of make sense but still seriously strange to compare three sections of formed metal with plastic liners aka the steelbook costing a few quid or less to manufacture rolling off conveyor belts to part hand made watched costing thousands/tens of each.

Maybe, as someone else pointed out, I missed your point and it's the art on the Zavvi that you object to ... if that's the case all well and good ... I personally like the funky and idiosyncratic look and feel that it's about time we had an interesting looking FIGHT CLUB steelbook retailed in the UK considering the uninspired and uninspiring releases we've already had.
Of course nothing wrong with the ML FIGHT CLUB steelbook that a bit of colour wouldn't solve (lol) .... with that release the "bit of colour" was more to be seen in the rubber/silicone outer box than on the steelbook itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Might be a good choice. Think it will be back though.
Most likely yes will come back available after cancellations orders stock is put back on their system before or after release date

This though is very highly likely to be sold out for real shortly after cancellation stock is listed on Zavvi
It's a very popular film and not had a steelbook in UK since 2012
UK Futurepak released in 2014 (Which is not a steelbook) was limited to 500 and sold out quickly

Outside UK in Europe (2017) you had that terrible pop art steelbook and is sold out with most of the european countries :rofl: :wtf:
Only Amazon Germany still has stock available of the pop art steelbook with amazon as the seller the other european countries it's third party sellers

I expect though we will see this new steelbook get a release in other European and possible also Asia countries as Film Arena are also getting same steelbook

Manta Labs steelbook has no effect on sales of this steelbook been released in UK/Europe as you have a different and more wider base of customers in general to sell to

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: lights
sorry, but its rather unlikely that its sold out

its funny how for almost every release people try to persuade themselves that the release is actually super high in demand and they made a super smart purchase by picking it up quickly

truth is that this is the tenth or so rerelease of a backcatalogue title with at best polarizing artwork... + as you said its very likely this will be released in some other countries and thats further taking away from its collectibility

Last edited:
Maybe on the planet you come from cost is irrelevant but for most regular folk cost matters.

Not seeing your point vis a vis Patek Philippe and Rolex as both are equally prestigious ... just one company is famous for its sports watches and the other for its dress watches with the discerning gent wearing the Rolex during the day and slipping on the Patek after dark ... unless your point is a comparison of the Patek in the wristwatch world (50,000 units per annum) with the Manta Lab in the steelbook world (several hundred of each release subdivided) to the Rolex watch (at least 700,000 units per annum) / the Zavvi steelbook (several thousand per release) which does kind of make sense but still seriously strange to compare three sections of formed metal with plastic liners aka the steelbook costing a few quid or less to manufacture rolling off conveyor belts to part hand made watched costing thousands/tens of each.

Maybe, as someone else pointed out, I missed your point and it's the art on the Zavvi that you object to ... if that's the case all well and good ... I personally like the funky and idiosyncratic look and feel that it's about time we had an interesting looking FIGHT CLUB steelbook retailed in the UK considering the uninspired and uninspiring releases we've already had.
Of course nothing wrong with the ML FIGHT CLUB steelbook that a bit of colour wouldn't solve (lol) .... with that release the "bit of colour" was more to be seen in the rubber/silicone outer box than on the steelbook itself.
The planet I come from is the same as yours and everbody else. I own neither a Rolex nor a Patek but I do know for certain than the first is not nearly as prestigious as the other, regardless of what type of watch they are.
If you like Zavvi’s release then good for you and enjoy, that’s all that matters in the end, not my opinion.

sorry, but its rather unlikely that its sold out

its funny how for almost every release people try to persuade themselves that the release is actually super high in demand and they made a super smart purchase by picking it up quickly

truth is that this is the tenth or so rerelease of a backcatalogue title with at best polarizing artwork
It will end up as sold out after cancellation stock is listed
UK it's only the second steelbook release last release was in 2012
There has only been 2012 steelbook release and FuturePak release in 2014 in the UK
Futurepak was not trade wide release in UK and was limited to 500

UK did not get a release of the 2017 pop art steelbook

Manta Labs steelbook and the previous terrible european 2017 pop art steelbook will not affect sales of this steelbook in UK ending up as sold out

Film Arena FAC release will also end up as sold out

*sigh* believe what you want to believe :thumbs:

even if it ends up being true in this case, in most cases its rather what you guys want to believe