Bottleneck Gallery Fight Club by Tomer Hanuka Screening and Poster

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
index.jpg

On 3/15 we’re teaming up with our friends at Acme Archives and the fine folks at Syndicated Theater to present our next screening. But first, there are some rules: The first rule of Bottleneck screenings is: you do not talk about Bottleneck screenings!

Just kidding, tell everybody! We’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be screening Fight Club. David Fincher’s film about consumerist culture, anarchy, and stripping away the layers of societal residue through ritualistic fighting is an absolute cult-classic, and we’re absolutely proud to be presenting the movie and a phenomenal print by Tomer Hanuka to accompany the screening.

Here are the details for the event:
  • Tickets for each of the screenings, 6:30PM & 9:35PM, will be available for purchase on Bottleneckgallery.com tomorrow (3/2) @ 12PM ET! There is a limit of 2 tickets per person and all sales are final.
  • The screenings will be held on Wednesday, March 15th, at Syndicated Theater, located at 40 Bogart Street, Brooklyn, NY.
  • Each ticket is $75 and includes a variant edition of Tomer Hanuka’s Fight Club print (Ed. of 150), admission to one of the film’s screenings, and a complimentary themed cocktail.
  • Prints will be handed out at the close of each screening. Only 1 tube per person, if you purchased two tickets, you will still only be handed 1 tube if you are attending the event alone.
  • The regular edition of Tomer’s Fight Club print will be sold at the theater from 6PM - 9PM the night of the screenings. You DO NOT need to purchase a screening ticket to buy the regular edition of the print--everybody can purchase one while supplies last.
All remaining prints will go on sale on our site on Thursday, March 16th @ 12pm eastern. Both screenings sold out

R.jpg

Fight Club: Regular Edition by Tomer Hanuka
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 300
$50

Variant
V.jpg

Attachments

• C60sWd_VsAAbKhf.jpg
    C60sWd_VsAAbKhf.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,650
Last edited:
Reactions: C2V3N
Thank you to everyone who came out for last night's screening of Fight Club at Syndicated BK. Even though weather conditions weren't ideal with the nor'easter this week, we had a great turnout and it was nice seeing the local crowd while having a nice drink and enjoying some great food.

Today, we will be releasing the remaining allocation of the Fight Club Regular Edition prints by Tomer Hanuka. We’ve been absolutely awed by Tomer’s Fight Club print since we first saw it, and we wanted to dive deeper into his thought process on creating something so visceral. Here’s what Tomer shared with us [there are spoilers for the film in the following description], “I wanted to create an image that will evoke the weight and mood of figures in Chiaroscuro, with the snake-devouring-its-own-tail syntax of a Barbara Kruger visual. Like the protagonist in the film it’s a split identity mashup, in search of poetic mayhem."

Fight Club: Regular Edition by Tomer Hanuka
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 300
$50

Grab your copy of this beautiful take on a classic today at 12pm eastern on our homepage, Bottleneck Gallery.
Thanks,

f5d44268-426b-407d-82bf-0387bdd39d36.jpg

@martinouchou no, it is just my dry humor!

from the Bottleneck Email today - "Thank you to everyone who came out for last night's screening of Fight Club at Syndicated BK. Even though weather conditions weren't ideal with the nor'easter this week, we had a great turnout and it was nice seeing the local crowd while having a nice drink and enjoying some great food."

I was one of the people that went there yesterday to the screening. So I was thanking all the little people (again sarcasm)

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou
@mllNY :LOL: Ok okay it makes sense now !! I didn't read the text before so I couldn't understand what you were talking about :wacky: Sorry you had to explain your joke :emb:

And was it great ? Did you get the reg or variant ?

@martinouchou It is a really nice poster. It has a very interesting feel to it. The closest i can describe is the Jock Ex_Machina print. Also the text area is raised a bit and has a different fell from the rest of the print.

In person it is much more striking. I think I prefer the Variant a bit more than the Regular but both are really nice and the red on the regular makes it pop a bit more. But to my tastes the regular is nicer

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou