Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are GB hosts not re-sellers or am i missing something( unless its a official one from a employee of that company )..
They are buying in bulk for trade price then selling at retail price + whatever site fees ,postage ,tips
Everyone who does them has a agenda.
Be it employees sell there product fast to there target audience , to promote, bring revenue or traffic to there website or its for the money,alone
Nothing wrong with that by the way.
Nobody wraps hundreds/thousands posts ,paperwork, hassle and so on for 'collectors' or steelbook fans.

What a strange world we live in
A so called re-seller gets spat at with fury from people here ,calling for him to stoned to death ,named and shamed among other things.
For selling one or a handful on various selling sites for xx amount over list price..
Others placed on a pedestal revered by people
whats the difference between someone selling chancing there arm to sell one or more for maybe a large amount over retail price, which is done with every product ,iphones, cars ,bikes houses........ so on , and someone selling hundreds thousand per month making 1 dollar or X amount per copy.
None
2 different ways to same end Money.

Seeing people making rules about you cant do this ,cant sell that, put it on ebay and you will banned from resellers or companies is so ludicrous and hypocritical its laughable.

FA basically just want there own little .clique or closed shop, kicking out steels as fast as they can, one after the other to targeted vulnerable people here and elsewhere , who by their own admission 'cant help or stop themselves buying them' even if they don't like or want them
They have no problem filling their own pockets but woe betide anyone else trying to make a buck.

There is also the case that most resellers are collectors themselves and do like to own a copy themselves. Limiting items to 1 per person solves it, as then the person has to decide should keep it or sell it.
By making it a closed group by preselecting members without justification, it encourages reselling on ebay as it drives the price higher and gives the illusion that the product is even more rare.
Not sure how they preselected members anyways as there were many copies that ended up on ebay and still are and go for ridiculous prices due to it.

• Thanks
Reactions: ASHGOON
I'm annoyed with FAC...purchased something sent it back and have been waiting for a refund which they are denying ever receiving...I've had to chase it up with Royal Mail and FAC won't give me my money back....I'm still looking for the Martian unnumbered too

No prob.
My problem is, i still have credit points there. And i want to use them the next time when a FAC is released. But my number is about above 1900.

You know what my problem is? And the don`give me a lower number. But i knew from few other collectors that they assigned a Collector Number long time after me.

No prob.
My problem is, i still have credit points there. And i want to use them the next time when a FAC is released. But my number is about above 1900.

You know what my problem is? And the don`give me a lower number. But i knew from few other collectors that they assigned a Collector Number long time after me.

There are some higher run FAC releases in the pipeline - 20000 plus.Hang in there :)

How are people assigned certain numbers? That's always intrigued me.
It was originally the luck of the draw - get your request in early you get a low number.

But, since not all low numbers were allocated to direct FA buyers (a good few are here on Karel's GBs), then that isn't the entire story.
Of course, there is also the fact that some numbers have been relinquished voluntarily or have been withdrawn from the holder by FA and reallocated to the waiting list and it gets even more complicated.

Would be good if a truly fair system could be introduced; but where do you start?

If you have a free for all a la Nova, Kimchi et al and small production numbers on in-demand titles, we all know a lot end up on fleabay for vastly inflated prices; and a lot or genuine collectors are disappointed.

How do you please all of the people all of the time?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: guiltybyproxy
How come no one talks about how ridiculous FA's shipping prices are? I know that part of it is due to the cost of shipping from the Czech Republic, but shipping costs have gone up even more and are more than the steelbooks. With these costs, I can't afford to even purchase directly from FA, especially because they won't combine shipments.

For example, for one steelbook/FAC, shipping to the US is 719 czk ($29.91), for two steelbooks/FACs, it's 900 czk ($37.43). I can't justify paying these shipping costs anymore, especially with FA pumping these editions out, 2-3 a month. They'll probably get close to FAC #60 by year's end, and FAC #100 the year after.

Between the lack of WEA steelbook art, poor movie choices, and shipping costs, FA will definitely not be getting much of my future business other than a few GB purchases (since I can combine shipments through GBs). FA never seemed to have the love of films that Kimchidvd/NovaMedia/Plain Archive have.

• Thanks
Reactions: jc2ssych
How come no one talks about how ridiculous FA's shipping prices are? I know that part of it is due to the cost of shipping from the Czech Republic, but shipping costs have gone up even more and are more than the steelbooks. With these costs, I can't afford to even purchase directly from FA, especially because they won't combine shipments.

For example, for one steelbook/FAC, shipping to the US is 719 czk ($29.91), for two steelbooks/FACs, it's 900 czk ($37.43). I can't justify paying these shipping costs anymore, especially with FA pumping these editions out, 2-3 a month. They'll probably get close to FAC #60 by year's end, and FAC #100 the year after.

Between the lack of WEA steelbook art, poor movie choices, and shipping costs, FA will definitely not be getting much of my future business other than a few GB purchases (since I can combine shipments through GBs). FA never seemed to have the love of films that Kimchidvd/NovaMedia/Plain Archive have.

Yea the have gone up a lot. Karel did state that they had gone up because of Czech post revising their costs, so unfortunately I think it is out of their control. I have been combining more recently to try and save money as paying £8-£10 (nearly a third of the price of 1 release) is way too much!

Has anyone had anything delivered damaged by FA before? And if so what's the process? Do you have to send back for replacement or do they offer credit? Will they refund your return postage fee? How good are they at this? I'm hoping better than zavvi!! Just took me 20 days and 15 messages for zavvi to understand that something was damaged and I wanted an exchange, and English is their first language!!

Has anyone had anything delivered damaged by FA before? And if so what's the process? Do you have to send back for replacement or do they offer credit? Will they refund your return postage fee? How good are they at this? I'm hoping better than zavvi!! Just took me 20 days and 15 messages for zavvi to understand that something was damaged and I wanted an exchange, and English is their first language!!
If it's a FAC release chances are they'll give you the option to return it for a refund but that's about it. They don't have/keep extra stock of the extras, slips, etc. (or at least didn't when I had an issue a few months back) so if it's sold out it really is sold out.

If it's a FAC release chances are they'll give you the option to return it for a refund but that's about it. They don't have/keep extra stock of the extras, slips, etc. (or at least didn't when I had an issue a few months back) so if it's sold out it really is sold out.

no its just the normal deadpool release, but i think they are going to send me a new one. Its hard to tell with the broken English but I think thats what they are going to do. They asked me to scan and email them the my invoice, so fingers crossed.

I can confirm that I have received a replacement from FilmArena! They sent me a spare steelbook case without the disc or artcards in. Looks like they unsealed it also to make sure that there is no scratches on it! Now this is what I call great customer service!! They didn't even ask me to return the damaged one! Take note Zavvi and learn from your competitors!!

However now I have a spare Deadpool steelbook with a scratch on, no idea what to do with it LOL o_O Guess I will keep it and maybe experiment with it or something :OMG: