Multi Final Fantasy XV (2016)

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI

Final Fantasy XV Development Time 'Hopefully' Shorter

Final Fantasy XIII has been out for a few months now, and Final Fantasy XIV is out next month, so soon all attention will be turning towards the next iteration in the franchise, Final Fantasy XV.

We had a chance to speak to Yoshinori Kitase at GamesCom about how the development cycles are longer with Final Fantasy games than they used to be.

"Obviously we now have consoles with much better specifications. The graphical quality we should target at is a lot higher, so it takes a long time to achieve that quality," said Kitase-san.

He went on to say "And Final Fantasy XIII, for example, was the first ever numbered Final Fantasy for Xbox 360 and PS3, so we really wanted to make it absolutely perfect and it took a long time to make it perfect. But maybe next time around we need a much shorter time."

We then quizzed him about his final statement and asked if that meant the next main game will take less time to complete. He simply replied by laughing and saying "Yes, yes, hopefully."

gamingunion.net/news/final-fantasy-xv-development-time-hopefully-shorter--2555.html

Attachments

• FFXV.jpg
    FFXV.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,574
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone playing this at the moment?

Just started playing it after a month of waiting (christmas present) and i am really enjoying it.

Visuals are stunning.

Got this about 3 weeks ago & have still not had the chance to play it since it asks for a 10 gb update before I can even play it!! :mad:

Xbox One is starting to tick me off