Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair the original Zavvi release wasn't great at all IMO, the Future Shop one was much better. I am predicting this be better than the first Zavvi release.

Am I missing something? Didn't the Zavvi Steelbook and FutureShop Viva use the exact same artwork? The colors were a bit different and the embossing was different, but the actual art asset was the same one with the shark looming over Dory and Marlin, no?

Agree. This cover is a million times better than the original release.
The original looks like it should be the cover of SHARK TALE.

I agree that the artwork for this new release is better than the original (and for that matter the Viva from FutureShop since those two shared the same art assets), but I think it's a bit overkill to say that the original was so bad that it should be associated with an irredeemably awful film like Shark Tale. LOL

Yeah, thats true actually, i don't remember multiple steelbook releases of the same movie in the dvd format.........maybe, but i can't recall. For instance, HMVs Definitive edition steelbooks of Terminator, Predator 1&2, Conan, Alien, Aliens, etc, - i only remember only those steelbook releases, in UK, of those films, and i thought those steelbooks were really good. But, there were limited edition slipcovers of those films too.......if i recall correctly. Like you said also, they're trying to justify more steelbook releases of the same title by doing pop art, adding lentls, slips, etc.

Steelbook HD DVDs? Anyone? Anyone? ;)

I'd actually buy some of those even now if they weren't terribly expensive. I had considered a few of them just after the format went away once I started getting into Steelbooks for Blu-ray movies. Heck, I still have my HD DVD player, two of the HD DVD playback add-ons for the Xbox 360 (which I still have), and more HD DVDs than I know what to do with thanks to a lot of 2 for $10 sales that occurred right when it was all but confirmed the format was going extinct.

Reactions: Nobby
I agree that the artwork for this new release is better than the original (and for that matter the Viva from FutureShop since those two shared the same art assets), but I think it's a bit overkill to say that the original was so bad that it should be associated with an irredeemably awful film like Shark Tale. LOL
I didn't say that to judge the film itself or liken it to Shark tale....The first time I saw that steelbook I said (reflexively)
"Oh look, A SHARK TALE steelbook" before I saw the title. That original steelbook cover doesn't fit the overall tone of FINDING NEMO.
It would fit perfectly with SHARKS TALE, though.

I didn't say that to judge the film itself or liken it to Shark tale....The first time I saw that steelbook I said (reflexively)
"Oh look, A SHARK TALE steelbook" before I saw the title. That original steelbook cover doesn't fit the overall tone of FINDING NEMO.
It would fit perfectly with SHARKS TALE, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet and C.C. 95
Steelbook HD DVDs? Anyone? Anyone? ;)

I'd actually buy some of those even now if they weren't terribly expensive. I had considered a few of them just after the format went away once I started getting into Steelbooks for Blu-ray movies. Heck, I still have my HD DVD player, two of the HD DVD playback add-ons for the Xbox 360 (which I still have), and more HD DVDs than I know what to do with thanks to a lot of 2 for $10 sales that occurred right when it was all but confirmed the format was going extinct.
You know what? I didn't even KNOW about HD DVD Steelbooks! Did they/ do they really exist? I've never, ever seen one. Didn't even think of that at all. Wow!

You know what? I didn't even KNOW about HD DVD Steelbooks! Did they/ do they really exist? I've never, ever seen one. Didn't even think of that at all. Wow!
A bit off topic but they did, there was T2, Deathproof and one called Strip mind!

IMG_8992.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel
AHA, goood stufff! Never even considered because i never had an HD DVD player - just never got into the format. Was never a massive collector, just the bought films that i really loved and when blu ray came along i was ine of those
........i was one of those, "No, not me" types. Then i got a new tv, then blu ray player and sound system, and thay was it - was really impressed with how older horror films looked (Zombie flesheaters, etc) and then the steelbooks came out - with the great artwork, so thats when i kind started to "collect", as it were, but only select films that i love and have re-watch value for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
........i was one of those, "No, not me" types. Then i got a new tv, then blu ray player and sound system, and thay was it - was really impressed with how older horror films looked (Zombie flesheaters, etc) and then the steelbooks came out - with the great artwork, so thats when i kind started to "collect", as it were, but only select films that i love and have re-watch value for me.
Once you get the bug it can become very addictive!!

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
I will be looking forward to this returning 'In Stock' so I can use the discount code. I rather save £2.50 instead at least :p

Dear Paul Boland,

Thank you for placing order xxxxxxxx with us.

I am sorry to inform you that there has been a delay with the manufacturing of The Finding Nemo 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook which has caused the release date to be pushed back. At this time we do not have a definitive date for release, however as soon as we do you will be informed.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer service team

Reactions: lgans316
Unfortunately as the Lenticular was super gorgeous with excellent depth and sharpness, and the Steelbook was made glossy instead of dull matte, the execs at UK Disney decided to blur and crop it. Hence the release has been pushed. :OMG:

Lol

Imagine it

Exec 1 "Here is the final product, it's glorious. One of our best steels, features extreme gloss and the lenti looks like you can dive into it".......

Exec 2 "hmmmm, so how can we **** it up for them?"

All Execs (Sinister laugh and hand rubbing)

Reactions: lgans316