Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Potentially the very best of the recent Zavvi/Disney lenticular steelbook wave with chances of real depth to that image.

Totally ignoring the size of the image in the mock-up and fully expecting 99% of the artwork to fit inside the frame (like the others) and for the image on the steelbook to be the same size as the image on the lenticular magnet.

Shades of artwork from historical releases such as VHS and DVD etc.
walt-disney-pictures-finding-nemo-pixar-animated-studios-film-vhs-fe69be050e20f3206c75351ace5c29ea.jpg
VHS-PAL-VIDEO-Finding-Nemo-Disney-Pixar.jpg

Last edited:
this out in a week off to cancel for now till see some in hand pics and confirmed they have sorted lenti issue
so anyone else thinking of cancelling and trying your luck in a week now is the time, bear in mind they still have available for pre-order atm

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and gaeljet
I expect the lenti to be good and the steel like the other recent releases(zero finish etc).
I really like the art, but the finish/lack of gloss pisses me off, so I might wait for it, especially sinc there are good chances it lowers down a lot in months to come..

Am I missing something here ?, those ebay pics are from the actual steelbook BUT it hasn't been released or despatched yet ?. Love to know how this seller got it so early.....and 2 of them. It looks like the sellers actual pics as similar background to others for sale.

BUT, it does look quite good, and the lenti is aligned well.

Am I missing something here ?, those ebay pics are from the actual steelbook BUT it hasn't been released or despatched yet ?. Love to know how this seller got it so early.....and 2 of them. It looks like the sellers actual pics as similar background to others for sale.

BUT, it does look quite good, and the lenti is aligned well.
It's possible someone who works for Disney or has a friend or relative who does or a Zavvi employee who got supplied some stock and gave to the seller.
Stock would be at Disney warehouse first before Zavvi get the stock

Suppliers often give some stock to staff and retail buyers staff and other times it can be got from stock taken without permission
It happens often stock with some sellers before a retailer ships stock to customers.

Free copies often can be supplied to a few persons in the business before released promotion stock

When I was buyer in the business I got a lot releases for free from the distributors and a lot these I got before release date.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
To me, it doesn't look like the lenti lines up very well. Or maybe just one detail at a time does? Aren't the smaller turtles, to the left and right under the title, completely off between the lenti and the steel border?

Reactions: Samurainl
To me, it doesn't look like the lenti lines up very well. Or maybe just one detail at a time does? Aren't the smaller turtles, to the left and right under the title, completely off between the lenti and the steel border?
The nature of lenticualrs moving means not everything will always align at the same time but if you look at crush's flippers then I think it looks pretty good

This is nice and all, but I prefer the original steelbook- Something about having exclusive art on a steelbook really appeals to me- the recycled artwork on the front of this is nice and all, but prefer artwork on a steelbook to be unique rather than something I've seen/owned before on a DVD release.

Just picked up the original on eBay for £22- I'm happy with this!! Need to fill a few of the gaps in my Disney/Pixar steelbook collection; Brother Bear and Emperors New Groove are next, as well as A Bugs Life.

EDIT
-------
Just given in and purchased The Emperors New Groove as well...

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Order despatched

Frozen and Finding Nemo and Wreck-it Ralph is the only Disney re release - Lenticular steelbooks I ordered so far

I have all the previous steelbooks so unless the lenticular re releases drop in price I won't be getting the others

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: neo