Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see any premium retailers doing catalog titles at a lower price. Also never heard any of them giving even the slightest discount.

There was few dollars off on pre-order dates sometimes with Kimchi. Nova had some points you can accumulate which was most for me a few dollars off.

So if anyone saw my post on Zavvi's Facebook page, I got this reply when I asked why they don't finish the first collection

"Hi - Unfortunately, it's not up to us! We're supplied the Steelbooks by Disney!"

So why start a line they knew they wouldn't finish ¬¬

Reactions: DrH
Great isn't it. Nothing funnier then adults fighting over Disney releases.
LOL. Plenty of fighting, killing, heartache and all manner of unpleasantness in Disney films slipped in amongst the pervading sweetness and who can forget the deaths of Bambi's ma and King Mufasa. Not forgetting the demon in "Fantasia" accompanied by the spookily evocative "Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky or the first non-"U" Disney "PG" animated film "The Black Cauldron" with the evil Horned King cut on the instruction of Disney's animation chief to rate the PG . . . "Pinocchio" and a number of the others also have some pretty dark and unsettling passages when you think about them.

Anyway, happily pre-ordered this little beauty and keeping my fingers crossed for an exceptional multi-layered full height lenticular with tremendous depth - well
defined background, middleground and foreground :)

Wow,
been live only 3 hours and one person on here has said they have ordered (I imagine a lot of others have that haven't stated) but that says a lot about this release or for the re release wave in general

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux
lol the discount code doesn't work. Will wait until it works before making an order.

Yeah noticed that earlier, sneaky fecks.
not that they have to give out codes but I feel because it's always there and the old school 10% off £50 and BIGSPENDERZ that there should always be a code with Zav lol

Will wait for pics for me to make a decision

Only interested in the re releases that have 3D discs that didn't originally (this, wreck it Ralph etc) and re releases with spine titles that didn't before (monsters uni, frozen etc) so that really only makes up about 4/5 films from the Disney Pixar wave so it shouldn't set me back too much instead of going for the whole re release wave.

Yeah noticed that earlier, sneaky fecks.
not that they have to give out codes but I feel because it's always there and the old school 10% off £50 and BIGSPENDERZ that there should always be a code with Zav lol

Will wait for pics for me to make a decision

Only interested in the re releases that have 3D discs that didn't originally (this, wreck it Ralph etc) and re releases with spine titles that didn't before (monsters uni, frozen etc) so that really only makes up about 4/5 films from the Disney Pixar wave so it shouldn't set me back too much instead of going for the whole re release wave.

Yeah I am sick of those titleless spines and get confused which movie is which sometimes. I've got those Pet slips which do stand out very nicely. I don't think I can buy the whole wave again of Disney Lenti's. More of pick and choose now. Frozen I be very surprised if they did not release that. I've got the Blufans copy opened. Toy Stories wasn't really impressed with the original release so I be picking them up. Incredibles I think we got too many of them in the market now. Aladdin would be an interesting with a Lenti on his magic carpet! No slip came with that so that be a nice touch. lol at us making plans for the next Lenti releases.

Yeah I am sick of those titleless spines and get confused which movie is which sometimes. I've got those Pet slips which do stand out very nicely. I don't think I can buy the whole wave again of Disney Lenti's. More of pick and choose now. Frozen I be very surprised if they did not release that. I've got the Blufans copy opened. Toy Stories wasn't really impressed with the original release so I be picking them up. Incredibles I think we got too many of them in the market now. Aladdin would be an interesting with a Lenti on his magic carpet! No slip came with that so that be a nice touch. lol at us making plans for the next Lenti releases.

I think frozen will defo happen but the original WWA is matte and the zavvi re release will be no different. Just thought of that. All Disney and Pixar should be gloss IMO

Oh incredibles, forgot about that and it will be a 3D steel which we haven't had yet. And although I have zavvi and kimchi I could settle for a 3D steel too but again will be matte :(

Wow,
been live only 3 hours and one person on here has said they have ordered (I imagine a lot of others have that haven't stated) but that says a lot about this release or for the re release wave in general
I have pre ordered :p
Not all zavvi customers are members of web forums like HDN :rofl:

Re-releases always happen with very popular films it's nothing new happens regularly with all film studios and happened with VHS/DVD/Blu-ray multiple re releases every few years
You have lot of new collectors of steelbooks since 2013
There are more collectors now of steelbooks than there was back in 2013 so a lot missed out on the 2013 release

Just because some collectors purchased the previous steelbook in 2013 does not mean it should not have another re release it don't affect you in anyway if you have the 2013 release you can decide to purchase or not purchase as was the same choice collectors had back in 2013

Steelbooks are sold to be purchased by customers who want to open and enjoy the release as they are a nicer packaging than a amaray they are not released for the purpose of keeping sealed and hoping to make financial gain as an investment.

As more new steelbook collectors purchase steelbooks there will always be re releases of popular films for new and existing collectors to decide to purchase or not
Your not forced into purchasing :rofl:
I know what you're saying Paul, and i agree with you that steelbooks are products, like any other, to be opened and used - inside there is a movie, or whatever, with extra content, maybe, there to be viewed and enjoyed. The steelbook packiaging is icing on cake. But there are some collectors who buy an extra copy or two if the movie/product represents something special to them - i am one of those people. If something is extremely limited then of course some people wil lose out - i know i have! But i dont cry about it, i don't curse others who have bought more than one copy, i just wait, for years sometimes, for the price on the secondary market to come down, or i might even purchase a damaged second hand one. But i am NOT paying scalpers prices, end of. If i have a highly sought after spare limited edition
that is worth more than i payed for it, then i am chuffed and happy about that. This game can be very expensive and, me personally, see it as throwing my money out there on something that in some ways is unnecessary - lots of money spent on stuff that you can dowliad for free, or pay bottom dollar for. Limited editions should be exactly that - limited. Re-releasing limited editions under the guise of lenticulars, etc, just undermines somethings collectability

......undermines confidence in limited editions themselves (that can't be good, surely?) and just makes just makes the game less exciting. For ghose who miss out on limted editions then there is always the options of the plentiful amaray releases, anyway. Lets face it, if your collection is special to you AND is worth more a few years down the line, then thats good think - who WOULDN'T want that. I don't need Zavvi, Arrow, etc messing up the collectability of my beloved Limiteds. Of course, just my opinion.

nemo-exclusive-112604.jpg

FINDING NEMO 3D STEELBOOK
ONLY 500 COPIES REMAINING!

Finding Nemo 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook Blu-ray