Multi Fortnite (2017)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I hear about this on social media, a guy at work says its on PS4 for free dl. guess i got to see what all the hype is about.

didnt find a thread when i searched.

Attachments

• Fortnite.jpg
    Fortnite.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 105
A poor-mans PUBG :D ;)

I've tried playing Fortnite but I just can't get on with it. PUBG on the other hand I cannot put down. However, it is free and for a free game there's hours and hours and hours worth of gameplay if you can get on with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and luke98
A poor-mans PUBG :D ;)

I've tried playing Fortnite but I just can't get on with it. PUBG on the other hand I cannot put down. However, it is free and for a free game there's hours and hours and hours worth of gameplay if you can get on with it.
This ^

Fortnite is basically the kids version of PUBG... or at least that's how I see it. I only ever played two games before deleting it -- the first I pretty much got killed straight away, then the second game I came third because I hid in a bush for most of the match. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
what is PUBG? @cooey @Noodles

yeah ive played 2 games so far too. I spotted and island inside a lake lol so i dropped in there and did pretty good camping there. If i had a sniper rifle there, wow it'd be over. lol.

for whatever reason tho im in this huge lack of gaming ... idk , its just hard for me to get the motivation to game. rather work on other stuff. Would love to get that gaming magic feeling again tho ha. When the rest of your basement is a mess from shipping and packing etc. its hard to just veg out and sit down and chill for hours on end gaming lol ... but my wild ass never accomplishes the cleaning in its entirety anyways. im a scatter brain, do something for 30 mins then move on to another project. Unless its dire. lol. then i get the shiz done.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
what is PUBG? @cooey @Noodles

yeah ive played 2 games so far too. I spotted and island inside a lake lol so i dropped in there and did pretty good camping there. If i had a sniper rifle there, wow it'd be over. lol.

for whatever reason tho im in this huge lack of gaming ... idk , its just hard for me to get the motivation to game. rather work on other stuff. Would love to get that gaming magic feeling again tho ha. When the rest of your basement is a mess from shipping and packing etc. its hard to just veg out and sit down and chill for hours on end gaming lol ... but my wild ass never accomplishes the cleaning in its entirety anyways. im a scatter brain, do something for 30 mins then move on to another project. Unless its dire. lol. then i get the shiz done.
Player Unknown's Battleground
I haven't played it yet but everyone says it's the shiznit. I know what you mean about not having the motivation to play games. I'll buy one and play for a few hours or maybe a little more and then I won't have the desire to finish it. The last game I was solid into was The Division. Even movies, I've stopped going to the theater and just sitting through a Blu-ray movie is difficult, I just lose interest so fast. I still collect so I know something is still there. When the new God of War game just came up I had it in my cart to purchase and I deleted it because I asked myself "am I just going to play it for a few hours and then hang it up?", so I I didn't buy it. I don't know what's wrong with me???

Anyhows Player Unknown's Battleground is pretty solid from what I hear.

Player Unknown's Battleground
I haven't played it yet but everyone says it's the shiznit. I know what you mean about not having the motivation to play games. I'll buy one and play for a few hours or maybe a little more and then I won't have the desire to finish it. The last game I was solid into was The Division. Even movies, I've stopped going to the theater and just sitting through a Blu-ray movie is difficult, I just lose interest so fast. I still collect so I know something is still there. When the new God of War game just came up I had it in my cart to purchase and I deleted it because I asked myself "am I just going to play it for a few hours and then hang it up?", so I I didn't buy it. I don't know what's wrong with me???

Anyhows Player Unknown's Battleground is pretty solid from what I hear.
we just gettin old man. lol. I can actually look at catalog games now as if they are new with no problem .... where when younger i wanted to be on the hot stuff at the moment, in the hype, and i mean that makes sense if you multiplayer heavy in which i normally am .... but i can now look at a fighting game that is $20 and be interested even tho there is a part 2 that is out for $60.

Some games are gotta get them then, and rank up , and play etc ... while others for me now are .... whats the rush. let the price drop.

we just gettin old man. lol. I can actually look at catalog games now as if they are new with no problem .... where when younger i wanted to be on the hot stuff at the moment, in the hype, and i mean that makes sense if you multiplayer heavy in which i normally am .... but i can now look at a fighting game that is $20 and be interested even tho there is a part 2 that is out for $60.

Some games are gotta get them then, and rank up , and play etc ... while others for me now are .... whats the rush. let the price drop.
IDK, I'm just struggling with it, don't know why but I'll figure something out eventually... I always do.

Everyone at work keeps talking about this but I never checked it out

@Wreck im the same and just don’t find the motivation to game anymore. Had a little spurt last year with horizon zero dawn, uncharted 4, the last guardian and Arkham knight but that was because I only got the PS4 the start of last year.

I am looking forward to the new spidey though and even went to the trouble of pre ordering which I never do with games anymore and haven’t In years

Good to know I'm not the only one who's lost a lot of enthusiasm when it comes to gaming. Nowadays I mostly just buy games due to the hype from other gamers, and I'll maybe enjoy them for the first few days, but quickly lose interest... I literally have a stack of about a dozen games I haven't completed. I think a lot of it has to do with most big budget games being very similar though (mindless shooters etc.), which is probably why I find Indy games more enjoyable now... they're original and usually quite short, so you can blast through them in a few hours or so.

The new God of War is a good example for me... back in the day it'd be a game I'd be super excited about, and even now I do kinda want to try it out. But I know for a fact I'll play for few hours and then probably never touch it again. I remember when they revealed that the story is like 25 hours long, and fans saw that as a huge positive, but I was just like "urgh, I can't be arsed" lol. Last game I played was Far Cry 5 (only reason I have that is because I got it for free), which is loads of fun... yet I still suddenly just stopped playing for no particular reason and haven't had the motivation to play again.

mindless shooters are best for me cause i can get on MP play 1 game or as many as can keep my attention then can shut if off and move on. Kinda like sports games for me. I dont play any career mode stuff, i just get on play 1 game of madden or NBA and get off. But least its a quick concise thing. Very hard for me to get on and do any story modes. Which is a shame cause obviously there are some brilliant story modes out there for some games. oh wells.

@Wreck @Noodles @AcIDc0r3

My gaming comes and goes in spurts these days, too. I guess you could say it's just getting old. Time is just so limited as you get older and gaming usually takes a lot of time. I always go to howlongtobeat.com before I start a game because if a game is 10+ hours to complete, I usually don't buy it or it just ends up in my backlog forever. Take the new God of War for example -- the original GoW games were no longer than 10-12 hours, so I played those suckers like crazy. The new one, though -- that game is more RPG/quest-adventure than hack-n-slash and takes anywhere from 20-50 hours to complete. Because of that, I just can't get excited for it (I'd likely never finish it because something more important would come up and I'd never return to it). And then there's games that I want to return to, but they're just so long, too. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games ever and I really want to play through it again, but I have no idea when/if that'll happen.

I haven't tried Fortnite yet, but I did download it on my PS4 because my brother plays it. It seems like a game that would be fun to just pick up and play whenever an hour or two are free. I do like the more realistic look of PUBG a lot more-so, though. But yeah -- it's all in spurts. I'll play and complete 3 or 4 games in a row and then not game again for months and months. For some reason, my main gaming time is in January right after the holidays. I guess I just use that time to game and decompress from the stress of a hundred birthdays and holidays back-to-back. I mean, I buy all these games that I'm excited for, but then never start them. I still haven't played The Last Guardian or the Shadow of the Colossus remake and I bought them at launch. Knowing me, I have Detroit: Become Human and Spider-Man ordered and I probably won't play them right away. I guess it's... should I take 10 hours and play one game, or take that time to watch 5 movies or read 25 comic books instead? It's so ridiculous! :LOL:

@Wreck @Noodles @AcIDc0r3

My gaming comes and goes in spurts these days, too. I guess you could say it's just getting old. Time is just so limited as you get older and gaming usually takes a lot of time. I always go to howlongtobeat.com before I start a game because if a game is 10+ hours to complete, I usually don't buy it or it just ends up in my backlog forever. Take the new God of War for example -- the original GoW games were no longer than 10-12 hours, so I played those suckers like crazy. The new one, though -- that game is more RPG/quest-adventure than hack-n-slash and takes anywhere from 20-50 hours to complete. Because of that, I just can't get excited for it (I'd likely never finish it because something more important would come up and I'd never return to it). And then there's games that I want to return to, but they're just so long, too. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games ever and I really want to play through it again, but I have no idea when/if that'll happen.

I haven't tried Fortnite yet, but I did download it on my PS4 because my brother plays it. It seems like a game that would be fun to just pick up and play whenever an hour or two are free. I do like the more realistic look of PUBG a lot more-so, though. But yeah -- it's all in spurts. I'll play and complete 3 or 4 games in a row and then not game again for months and months. For some reason, my main gaming time is in January right after the holidays. I guess I just use that time to game and decompress from the stress of a hundred birthdays and holidays back-to-back. I mean, I buy all these games that I'm excited for, but then never start them. I still haven't played The Last Guardian or the Shadow of the Colossus remake and I bought them at launch. Knowing me, I have Detroit: Become Human and Spider-Man ordered and I probably won't play them right away. I guess it's... should I take 10 hours and play one game, or take that time to watch 5 movies or read 25 comic books instead? It's so ridiculous! :LOL:
fortnite is kinda numb fun .... the guys at the end are such great builders and players that it makes it hard to win in solo .... and i been playing ghost recon story mode a lot ............ BUT they just added a THANOS solo mode to fortnite for a limited time .... so they pulled me back in. haha. and all free .... u should try it before thanos is gone.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
fortnite is kinda numb fun .... the guys at the end are such great builders and players that it makes it hard to win in solo .... and i been playing ghost recon story mode a lot ............ BUT they just added a THANOS solo mode to fortnite for a limited time .... so they pulled me back in. haha. and all free .... u should try it before thanos is gone.

Maybe I'll take it for a spin this weekend. :thumbs: