Frances Ha (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Limited Edition) (Korea)

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Frances Ha + 32P Booklet (1000copies Numbered) Limited Edition
This item will be released on October 16, 2014 .
order at Kimchidvd
Genre: Drama
Directors: Noah Baumbach
Actors: Greta Gerwig / Mickey Sumner / Michael Esper
Aspect Ratio & Format: 1.85:1 / 1080P FullHD
Language: English
Sound Mix: 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
Subtitles: English / Korean / Chinese
Rating: 15
Region Code: all
Run Time: 86 mins
Number of discs: 1

1410518703587568.jpg

This Frances HA slipbox is beautiful. I'm gonna have to bite.

Anybody know anything about the transfer for this release?

I was thinking about selling my Criterion version for this...

Reactions: William
I have the Criterion editon but haven't seen it yet. Won't double dip on this before I watch it. And I don't expect it to be a type of film I'll feel like double dipping on either.

It looks good but I don't like the pink on the spine. It stands out in a bad way to me.

One of my favourite films of last year. I keep coming back to this thread to look at the picture. It looks like such a nice package, but I've been itching to get Criterion's release.

@William Have you seen any of Noah Baumbach's other films? If those did anything for you, then I'd recommend this for sure. Think lots of talking between people being funny, sad, and funny sad, great music and performances. It's much less melancholy that his previous stuff though, and the whole thing is pretty much a giant salute to Woody Allen/French New Wave.

• Helpful Post
@Futurhythm
No, I haven't seen any other Noah Baunbach films unfortunately. I'm also a bit hit&miss when it comes to Woody Allen, but quite like the French New Wave. Are there any other directors that are similar to Baumbach? Judging from the trailer alone (so if I am wrong, I do apologise) but it seems like a film that could be described as a 'happy Jim Jarmusch' film? Again I could be wrong... :thumbs:

@Futurhythm
No, I haven't seen any other Noah Baunbach films unfortunately. I'm also a bit hit&miss when it comes to Woody Allen, but quite like the French New Wave. Are there any other directors that are similar to Baumbach? Judging from the trailer alone (so if I am wrong, I do apologise) but it seems like a film that could be described as a 'happy Jim Jarmusch' film? Again I could be wrong... :thumbs:

Happy Jim Jarmusch is perfect! I think Baumbach even said Jarmusch was an influence on this picture. As for the Woody Allen bit, it's really more in terms of cinematography and tone. The movie looks a LOT like Manhattan and and is very similar in tone to his other 70s work like Annie Hall.

Apologies for the delay in response! :sorry:
With those recommendations in similarities, I sure hope my funding will allow me to get it! :ohno:
I'm so happy that my 'Happy Jim Jarmusch' saying was correct, I've only seen a few of his films (I've bought but yet to watch his latest, Only Lovers Left Alive) but that is the sort of reaction I got from the trailer.
With your predicament regarding whether to go for this release or the Criterion release, I would love to help you decide but I am not that familiar with what is so special about the Criterion release. I understand that they are part of a collection, but are they numbered, do they have world exclusive art, or do they have booklets (like this version)?

With your predicament regarding whether to go for this release or the Criterion release, I would love to help you decide but I am not that familiar with what is so special about the Criterion release. I understand that they are part of a collection, but are they numbered, do they have world exclusive art, or do they have booklets (like this version)?

Criterion releases (99% of the time) have the best picture and audio quality. Add to that nice artwork and booklets. Also, their booklets are always very well written and almost worth it for the price alone.

Hmm....tough one.
I suppose if you have many other Criterion releases then maybe the criterion for this would be best. But if you maybe have only one or two, then maybe this version will be the one to get.
I suppose, I'm trying to say, let the deciding factor be how many other criterion releases you have.

Another way, that I personally find helpful, is to flip a coin. Now once you have seen which face it has landed on, you should judge by your initial reaction.
If you get what I mean... :thumbs:

@thecardman23 , is this film any good? I've seen the trailer and like the look of it, it's just there are mixed reviews on it.
I'd love to see the pictures when your copy arrives! :thumbs:

I really enjoyed it. Woody Allen's earlier projects with female lead are a good comparison.

I received this one a month ago. Have been too busy to post pics - but will do so when I get home tonight.

@thecardman23
Thank you! :thumbs:
I can't wait to see the pictures! It is really hard to gain a clear picture as to what it looks like when all you have is the shop pages' picture. I'm especially intrigued as to how thick in width the spine is.
Thanks again! ;)

Here are the photos. I do apologise that I chose my bed as the background, it is the only surface that is one colour! :)

Attachments

• WP_20141107_16_01_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_01_47_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
  • WP_20141107_16_01_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_01_57_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 280
  • WP_20141107_16_02_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_02_25_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
  • WP_20141107_16_03_01_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_03_01_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 257
  • WP_20141107_16_03_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_03_10_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
  • WP_20141107_16_05_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_05_18_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • WP_20141107_16_05_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_05_39_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
  • WP_20141107_16_05_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141107_16_05_51_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
I forgot to say, the slip although not em/de-bossed, it is super glossy!
@RepoMan90 , if you do get a copy, could you tell me what number you got. In the fifth image above, my copy has a sticker with GNM 0201 written on it. I presume that is the individual number, but if your copy has the same number, then I'm wrong.
Thanks! :thumbs:

Reactions: RepoMan90