Purchase link: Frankenweenie
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 3,000 copies.

11080371-1422879572-757636.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757629.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757594.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well from all the documentaries I've seen such as hulk spiderman turtles etc any radioactive substance will only make me me stronger and into a super hero

I cancelled this, but I'm concerned that if this has a debossed border with embossed titles, then like the Zavvi Pirates of the Carribean steelbooks, they are going to screw up the border, I'm really hoping it runs in line with the wavey design here and not be a square with the artwork inside it, that would look ridiculous.

I complained of their FB page and they gave me the generic button answer, they are trying to resource it for me from another vendor. I replied, its not just me, you have not shipped anybodys, WHY?

Zavvi have always been ******* **** but these recent problems, makes you wonder if they are going to implode

Reactions: harry
I do not understand Zavvi.
I do not like this behavior. I wanted the product
See: generic response to the Ricker? What is it?
Zavvi is equaling to hundreds of stores that exists out there: do not take care of your customer. Has no concern for the customer. Lost shame. Lost focus.
The selection fell quality, so the products as well.
This explains why no one complained.

Zavvi have always been ******* ****

Awfully good?

:pigeon::pigeon::pigeon:

But seriously, I hope they get shipped soon. They're working on sending the PotC films now, that's probably at least 5,000 steelbooks being sent to us (each has a 3,000 print-run and each are Zavvi sold-out, so I'm guessing 4,000 are still left in stock), that's a whole lot. Frankenweenie and Avengers are bound to be next.

They shouldn't have announced those five sought-after Disney steelbooks on the same day. I mean, they can do that when pre-orders are live months ahead, it doesn't matter, but you'd think a few weeks before release date, they would make sure they're not swamped and space them out properly over a few weeks. I don't think anyone would mind if the delays were small and if Zavvi's communication with their customers was clear on that.

Maybe it's linked to their shoddy system, no one got the note that "btw, we're sending thousands of steelbooks on Easter Monday, guys!" and now, they have to catch up. Many other companies are famous for their never-ending delays, but it seems to have become an habit over the past few months at Zavvi.

That may cause me a problem: I have pre-ordered two Avengers steelbooks, one with my Credit Card expiring in May 2015 and the other with PayPal just to be sure. Given that the April 6 release date was nearing, I cancelled my PayPal order (I never double-dip on the exact same steelbook, and I wasn't going to here especially since I have the original Avengers steelbook). So now that they're talking about May 30 again, that's annoying — I now know that the Credit Card expires at the very end of the month so it should still be fine even if it's released on May 30 (I doubt that), but you never know if Zavvi run into another small delay at that time...).

But ever since it was announced and despite announced originally for "May 30", I always felt that Zavvi would release this steelbook before Age of Ultron opens in theaters, so I still think we're bound to have it in April, same thing for Frankenweenie. Zavvi already have plenty of Disney releases in May (Oz: The Great and Powerful, The Incredibles, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Into the Woods, Big Hero 6, maybe Gold Roger Rabbit too), we should expect small delays then as well.

Awfully good?

:pigeon::pigeon::pigeon:

But seriously, I hope they get shipped soon. They're working on sending the PotC films now, that's probably at least 5,000 steelbooks being sent to us (each has a 3,000 print-run and each are Zavvi sold-out, so I'm guessing 4,000 are still left in stock), that's a whole lot. Frankenweenie and Avengers are bound to be next.

They shouldn't have announced those five sought-after Disney steelbooks on the same day. I mean, they can do that when pre-orders are live months ahead, it doesn't matter, but you'd think a few weeks before release date, they would make sure they're not swamped and space them out properly over a few weeks. I don't think anyone would mind if the delays were small and if Zavvi's communication with their customers was clear on that.

Maybe it's linked to their shoddy system, no one got the note that "btw, we're sending thousands of steelbooks on Easter Monday, guys!" and now, they have to catch up. Many other companies are famous for their never-ending delays, but it seems to have become an habit over the past few months at Zavvi.

That may cause me a problem: I have pre-ordered two Avengers steelbooks, one with my Credit Card expiring in May 2015 and the other with PayPal just to be sure. Given that the April 6 release date was nearing, I cancelled my PayPal order (I never double-dip on the exact same steelbook, and I wasn't going to here especially since I have the original Avengers steelbook). So now that they're talking about May 30 again, that's annoying — I now know that the Credit Card expires at the very end of the month so it should still be fine even if it's released on May 30 (I doubt that), but you never know if Zavvi run into another small delay at that time...).

But ever since it was announced and despite announced originally for "May 30", I always felt that Zavvi would release this steelbook before Age of Ultron opens in theaters, so I still think we're bound to have it in April, same thing for Frankenweenie. Zavvi already have plenty of Disney releases in May (Oz: The Great and Powerful, The Incredibles, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Into the Woods, Big Hero 6, maybe Gold Roger Rabbit too), we should expect small delays then as well.

They never seem to learn and that's a huge problem. I've said it countless times that they should not release so many steelbooks on certain dates. Spread them out or tell the studio "look we have to change the release date by a week or a month" like you have mentioned with May they have so many disney steelbooks coming out that month in 2 weeks that I guarantee a release date will change or ship them out extremely late. It amazes me that any steelbooks had a release date for Easter Monday in the UK and then zavvi come along and say "well we are releasing 10 that day, so do one" How did no one at the shoddy zavvi HQ not realise its a bank holiday.

Seriously zavvi take notes for the future, write up a procedure or something, go back in the training room if need be but update your customers with any issue that rises especially with delays and date changes. You have a Facebook and Twitter...... Use it for that aswel as advertising your appalling Zbox and terrible deals with randomly bumped up prices (oh you think we don't notice the sales with everything increased by a few quid)

Reactions: Ricker