Purchase link: Frankenweenie
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 3,000 copies.

11080371-1422879572-757636.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757629.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757594.jpg

11080371-1422879572-757616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it may only be a couple of quid but I think it is outrageous, even by Zavvi's poor standards to despatch my order and then put Frankenweenie back up for sale but at a cheaper price, another new low Zavvi.

Reactions: Mojo and harry
You know it may only be a couple of quid but I think it is outrageous, even by Zavvi's poor standards to despatch my order and then put Frankenweenie back up for sale but at a cheaper price, another new low Zavvi.

Agreed, it wasn't particularly subtle of them to change the price pretty much immediately after dispatch. But oh well, that's Zavvi for you :rolleyes:.

Watch this have a straight up rectangular embossed border that cuts across parts of the printed wavy green boarder.

dispatched. Hope I'm wrong about the embossing.

Last edited:
Watch this have a straight up rectangular embossed border that cuts across parts of the printed wavy green boarder.

dispatched. Hope I'm wrong about the embossing.

I think it will look a bit daft either way. It would have looked better without the green border, just the main artwork and a debossed title. Then again the black and white brigade would have been out in force complaining about cost cutting. :rolleyes:

Agreed, it wasn't particularly subtle of them to change the price pretty much immediately after dispatch. But oh well, that's Zavvi for you :rolleyes:.
I've just sent them a message under their Pre-Order Price Promise, which states:

Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price!

As the release date was amended to 4th May, they have reduced the price between taking my order and the release date, so I have asked them to refund the difference (as I have already been charged the higher price).

I'll let you know how I get on (but don't hold your breath, as they usually take about 48 hours to respond to any messages, unlike Amazon who are usually pretty instant)...

I've just sent them a message under their Pre-Order Price Promise, which states:

Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price!

As the release date was amended to 4th May, they have reduced the price between taking my order and the release date, so I have asked them to refund the difference (as I have already been charged the higher price).

I'll let you know how I get on (but don't hold your breath, as they usually take about 48 hours to respond to any messages, unlike Amazon who are usually pretty instant)...
Pre Order Price Promise don't apply if you used a discount code or ordered as part of special offer bundle
If you did not use a discount code then you have to ask for the price difference after been shipped they don't give it automatically

Pre Order Price Promise don't apply if you used a discount code or ordered as part of special offer bundle
If you did not use a discount code then you have to ask for the price difference after been shipped they don't give it automatically

I contacted Zavvi regarding 'The Terminator' exclusive and in the email they didn't even mention discount code use voiding the pre-order promise. They said they'd charge £14.99. So I'm on the fence about cancelling it.

I contacted Zavvi regarding 'The Terminator' exclusive and in the email they didn't even mention discount code use voiding the pre-order promise. They said they'd charge £14.99. So I'm on the fence about cancelling it.
Its listed in their terns and conditions for the Pre Order Price Promise

This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offers including
any discount codes and bundle offers
http://help.zavvi.com/index.php?act...=en&highlight=price+promise&lang=en&locale=gb

Thats how they get you. They offer a stupid 5% off, now I cant get it. Guess I will no longer bother with those ridiculous codes

Well, for once, they DID respond within 24 hours...

...but only to say:

"We are currently investigating your query and aim to provide you with a response within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience."

So, hopefully, I'll be able to give you all a further update by tomorrow evening!!