Friday the 13th (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt / Saturn exclusive) [Germany]

How do we know this? None of the listings has been changed yet.

Is it possible that this could be the 2009 remake?
Oh i might be in the minority here but i would love a steelbook of the 2009 reboot.
It's a fantastic remake which gets too much undeserved hate. (for instance people complain that Jason runs, even though they seem to forget Jason ran in the first movies as well)
Derek Mears portray of Jason Voorhees was fantastic. It combines franchise elements from various Friday movies, sack mask and hockey mask, filling plot holes (in the killer cut edition you see Jason as a child watching from a distance how his mother gets beheaded) and of course the kills, 13 kills with an awesome 20min intro massacre.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
'Freitag der 13.' 1980.
Yep, I get that :) But which cut?

The film exists in three different versions:

(1.) R-rated US theatrical version.
(2.) Unrated international theatrical version.
(3.) Hybrid cut which contains some of the edited material restored. It contains a longer version of Annie's death, but an edited version of Mrs. Voorhee's decapitation.

Yep, I get that :) But which cut?

The film exists in three different versions:

(1.) R-rated US theatrical version.
(2.) Unrated international theatrical version.
(3.) Hybrid cut which contains some of the edited material restored. It contains a longer version of Annie's death, but an edited version of Mrs. Voorhee's decapitation.
The 3rd one reads like a bootleg. It'll be the unrated. After 34 years on the german index, it recently got removed from the index. In germany, once a movie gets erased from the index, the upcoming release of the movie is always as uncut as it gets. In this case, we can expect the unrated version as the US Blu-ray from the complete edition.

If it wasn't for the german title, i would have bought it (no offense or disrespect regarding title translations in other countries) As for now, i'll enjoy my 'Friday The 13th' metal complete box. I'm certain there will be a 'Friday The 13th' uk steelbook in the near future. I mean frigging 'Ghoulies' got a steelbook treatment. There are still many horror big guns to be released as a steelbook.

OT. Price got reduced. It's now available for preorder for 12.99eur at saturn.de http://www.saturn.de/de/product/_freitag-der-13-steelbook-exklusiv-horror-blu-ray-2327030.html

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The 3rd one reads like a bootleg. It'll be the unrated. After 34 years on the german index, it recently got removed from the index. In germany, once a movie gets erased from the index, the upcoming release of the movie is always as uncut as it gets. In this case, we can expect the unrated version as the US Blu-ray from the complete edition.

Not a bootleg. It was the version that was released on DVD in the US first time around.

Oh that sounds interesting if it contains more material than the unrated and is an official release. Can you link me the DVD?

Originally it was released in the US in a censored R-rated version whilst internationally it went out unrated and uncut. The first US DVD was a kinda in- between Cut that featured some undated footage, but not all of it.

The unrated version that featured on the Deluxe Edition DVD and all BD releases is the same unrated cut that went out Internationally. For some reason though, the picture was zoomed in throughout by 10-15% on that edition.

It’s this edition though

Friday the 13th 1 [DVD] [1980] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00001MXXM/?tag=hidefnin-21

Originally it was released in the US in a censored R-rated version whilst internationally it went out unrated and uncut. The first US DVD was a kinda in- between Cut that featured some undated footage, but not all of it.

The unrated version that featured on the Deluxe Edition DVD and all BD releases is the same unrated cut that went out Internationally. For some reason though, the picture was zoomed in throughout by 10-15% on that edition.

It’s this edition though

Friday the 13th 1 [DVD] [1980] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00001MXXM/?tag=hidefnin-21
That's the same edition as in the Blu-ray complete box. 95.08 min runtime. See here: http://www.schnittberichte.com/svds.php?Page=Fassung&ID=10824 and here movie censorship http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1724403
I can't find anything about a 3rd cut with additional footage only reedited but no additional footage. See 'alternative montage' in the movie censorship link.

Cover update.
Freitag-der-13.-%28SteelBook%29-Exklusiv-%5BBlu-ray%5D

Another case of where the original poster art is superior. This art here including WB's infamous finish = no buy.

All round terrible.

Could be any generic slasher with that awful artwork. Nothing makes this stand out from the rest as the iconic Friday The 13th. Chances are it has no inside artwork either.

Why even bother manufacturing trash like this? Steelbooks are supposed to be a 'premium' option. Not garbage like this.

Money saved.

Looks like nice smooth finish with spot gloss on knife and Jason on the back, but unfortunately the german title and absence of inside artwork is killing it for me.