From Hell (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Sunday October 8th)
Price: £15.99

11524890-2724505040324570.jpg

11524890-1554505040348372.jpg
11524890-7354505040359874.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got his copy already and dealing with it in the way he knows best . . .
tumblr_ltt3nlIBH91r53dhdo1_500.gif

Unfortunately not much in the way of decent poster art for this film around apart from Depp with the spooky eyes . . . although this custom image on the left is a good 'un reminding me a bit of "BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA" steelbook artwork:-
bvsn5zho.jpg
139873_large.jpg
33lbgjlw.jpg

Sadly not feeling the art chosen for this one but that could be down to the crudeness of the flames taking up half of the front design. Get rid of them (lol) and the steelbook - though uninspired with similar images front and back - could be half decent.

Artwork a lot worse than this German DVD steelbook ? Ball's in the air. Quite like the U.K. steelbook DVD art though:-
fromhellsteelbook_p1.jpg
29ll1rn.jpg

THE EXORCIST already mentioned as a possible influence for the artwork . . . going back almost 20 years to 1955 we see a similar image in one of my favourite films, "The Night of the Hunter" and in one of my favourite paintings of the period by one of my favourite artists entitled "Empire/Dominion of Light" by René Magritte:-
vlcsnap-2011-01-16-15h35m31s160.png

1955 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1953/54
vlcsnap-2011-01-16-12h56m14s78.png
magritte_empirelight.jpg

Last edited:
I hope collectors completely debunk this whole wave and drive home the harsh message to the studio and the retailer that we're sick of endless badly designed cheap rubbish being spewed out and it's time to start putting proper thought and design into steelbooks.

Prices keep going up.

Quality keeps going down.

Long gone are the days where steelbook releases were few and far between, the market is saturated with them, and as such, collectors are now being more choosey than ever with which ones their hard earned cash will go to.

At a time where the average steel is around seventeen pounds for an older catologue title and twenty to twenty six for a new release film, studios and their customers the retailers need to start paying attention to what it is their customer base want.

Ploughing this endless stream of shite out at us is just not good enough, and killing the hobby for many of us. I'll buy your premium item, and heck I may even pay a little more for it, but damn well make it premium quality in design, content and finish.

I hope collectors completely debunk this whole wave and drive home the harsh message to the studio and the retailer that we're sick of endless badly designed cheap rubbish being spewed out and it's time to start putting proper thought and design into steelbooks.

Prices keep going up.

Quality keeps going down.

Long gone are the days where steelbook releases were few and far between, the market is saturated with them, and as such, collectors are now being more choosey than ever with which ones their hard earned cash will go to.

At a time where the average steel is around seventeen pounds for an older catologue title and twenty to twenty six for a new release film, studios and their customers the retailers need to start paying attention to what it is their customer base want.

Ploughing this endless stream of shite out at us is just not good enough, and killing the hobby for many of us. I'll buy your premium item, and heck I may even pay a little more for it, but damn well make it premium quality in design, content and finish.
well said that man,

Utter toss. Whoever signed off on this (and a lot of the others in this wave of mediocrity) should really take a look at themselves and their job.

If this is a bad Fox steelbook wave then I don't know how another recent Fox wave would best be described(lol):-
This . . .
81SChIgdVFL._SL1500_.jpg

or this (I know which wave I'd pick up) . . .
185731_large.jpg
185676_large.jpg
185725_large.jpg
185727_large.jpg
107161_large.jpg
185728_large.jpg
185677_large.jpg
185732_large.jpg
185729_large.jpg

Last edited:

We should have been doing it since pop art releases began, then we wouldn't still be seeing it now. Unfortunately people only speak up when a movie they like gets tainted by a hideous steelbook. My philosophy has always been to criticize them even if I don't like the movie just to get companies out of the habit of releasing them.

If you want to do something proactive, tell Zavvi what you think on facebook.