From Hell (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Sunday October 8th)
Price: £15.99

11524890-2724505040324570.jpg

11524890-1554505040348372.jpg
11524890-7354505040359874.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
guys for such a great movie i have to say that cover is a disgrace!! really poor effort from zavvi . i hope someone else decides to release this on steelbook and give it the treatment it deserves.

guys for such a great movie i have to say that cover is a disgrace!! really poor effort from zavvi . i hope someone else decides to release this on steelbook and give it the treatment it deserves.
Artwork is by Fox and same steelbook will likely get a release in other European countries

Zavvi are just a retailer who sell products from Distributors
Zavvi don't do any artwork design or manufacture products

Zavvi are the same type of retailer as Amazon/HMV and other High street Music/Film stores they sell products from distributors

No different to the other Fox range of pop art steelbooks you see other retailers sell

These get released in various countries with some retailers getting exclusive as a retailer for that country

Until Fox stop doing these artwork type steelbook releases it will continue and there is more to come
Fox same film distributor that done the terrible Alien and Predator and other pop art steelbooks released in Europe

Last edited:
Okay I am going to out on a limb here and say the art has grown on me
From Hell
Limbs can be removed with a sharp knife
Catch me when you can Mr Snow Flake
:LOL::rofl:

Fantastic Film
But I already have the UK Blu-ray and UK DVD Steelbook and USA Director's Limited Edition DVD with easter egg video of Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution

I also have the original VHS and the Book of Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution by Stephen Knight
From Hell Film is mostly based on elements this novel by Stephen Knight and the Graphic Novel From Hell by alan moore is also based on the Stephen Knight novel

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
From Hell

Fantastic Film
But I already have the UK Blu-ray and UK DVD Steelbook and USA Director's Limited Edition DVD with easter egg video of Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution

I also have the original VHS and the Book of Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution by Stephen Knight
From Hell Film is mostly based on elements this novel by Stephen Knight and the Graphic Novel From Hell by alan moore is also based on the Stephen Knight novel

I'll keep the steel in a brown bag and bring it out every Halloween to scare trick or treaters!

First steelbook worldwide for this and WAR GAMES so bound to be other more appealing verions in the future.

Yes, nobody has any love for this artistic effort and a pity we couldn't have had this US front cover w/ Fox Halloween faceplate . . . even though it's quite close to the BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA steelbook:-

From-Hell-steelbook-zavvi-2--.jpg
upload_2017-10-9_0-21-54.png
----------------------
138332_large.jpg
-------------
142207_large.jpg
upload_2017-10-8_21-23-59.png

The FROM HELL graphic novel cover illustrated by Eddie Campbell is also pretty decent and would've made for interesting wraparound cover art:-
upload_2017-10-9_14-49-41.png

1369841745-1f98f4688af307f61c3f1dd63c9a29d9.png

One thing worth mentioning: unusual not to see Johnny Depp in close-up on the front of a steelbook for one of his films (exceptions of course):-
141582_large.jpg
66205_large.jpg
147142_large.jpg
24657_large.jpg
57468_large.jpg
76037_large.jpg
52653_large.jpg
129633_large.jpg
8744_large.jpg
9373_large.jpg
17727_large.jpg
120151_large.jpg
....w/ lenti
110021_large.jpg
148243_large.jpg
63845_large.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
From Hell

Fantastic Film

I'd suggest Knight's book also had strong influence on Bob Clark's "Murder By Decree" which is an excellent flik pitting Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) against Jack.
That film is in desperate need of a Blu release as well. Lions Gate released a dvd as late as 2009, why?

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I'd suggest Knight's book also had strong influence on Bob Clark's "Murder By Decree" which is an excellent flik pitting Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) against Jack.
That film is in desperate need of a Blu release as well. Lions Gate released a dvd as late as 2009, why?
“Sherlock Holmes.” They did it to cash in on Holmes-related interest stirred up by the Ritchie dusting off of the IP.