Frozen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11369758-5534436648615079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received. What a pleasant surprise.

Lenticular is so much better than the overrated and dull Kimchi and Blufans Lenticulars. It has some good depth and doesn't look blurry or murky.

Steelbook has no embossing. Just the border to hold the magnet.

Steelbook is matte finish but the finish is high quality.

Easily the best Steelbook release of Frozen till date.

Attached some pics (sorry about the poor quality).
IMG_20161223_110131562[1].jpg IMG_20161223_110137594[1].jpg IMG_20161223_110152613[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received. What a pleasant surprise.

Lenticular is so much better than the overrated and dull Kimchi and Blufans Lenticulars. It has some good depth and doesn't look blurry or murky.

Steelbook has no embossing. Just the border to hold the magnet.

Steelbook is matte finish but the finish is high quality.

Easily the best Steelbook release of Frozen till date.

Attached some pics (sorry about the poor quality).

Looks good to me. Pity there's no embossing though.

I love the fact this release has a spine title and a lenti but i still prefer the first release artwork and £25 is not worth it to me me just for a spine title and lenti.

But it is a gorgeous re-release.

Not too bad tbh

They all looks OK in the photos so far but I can imagine toy story will be the weakest link

If this and brave stick around and hit a decent price drop then ill consider it

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Sorry but that's not better than Blufans steelbook, that really is a stunner

I completely agree. The Blufans steel as well as the Blufans lentis look much better in my opinion. Moreover I am not a fan of steels with an embossed border without any other embossing at all. However, I guess this will end up for about a tenner and than this may indeed be the best deal of all options available...

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I cancelled my order but this is a fine job, totally wasn't expecting it to look this good. The colour scheme on the front/spine/back all matches which I particularly love.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Looks good to me
Received my first Steelbook with Lenti's in the form of Brave and Monsters Inc.
Was not really sure what the fuss was with the Lenticular on a steelbook but now I have a couple in hand I really like them.
Email from Zavvi stating only 400 left
May have to get this one as well

I've never liked the Blufans release of Frozen, it's such a waste having the steel just be the title of the movie over snowflakes. It has a great finish, but the art itself is boring. I can't believe they got the german digibook art approved for one of their slips, but not the steelbook. And the Kimchi is just WWA with a slip and nothing could make me care about releases like that, I'd rather just buy the steelbook without the slip at half the price elsewhere.

Very happy with this new Zavvi steel, the lenti is a lot better than the bad Marvel ones they did (who knew Zavvi could learn?). Still want that digibook art on a steel though.

I've never liked the Blufans release of Frozen, it's such a waste having the steel just be the title of the movie over snowflakes. It has a great finish, but the art itself is boring. I can't believe they got the german digibook art approved for one of their slips, but not the steelbook. And the Kimchi is just WWA with a slip and nothing could make me care about releases like that, I'd rather just buy the steelbook without the slip at half the price elsewhere.

Very happy with this new Zavvi steel, the lenti is a lot better than the bad Marvel ones they did (who knew Zavvi could learn?). Still want that digibook art on a steel though.
I have to agree. A good WEA steelbook like this will always trump fancy packaging.