Das Boot (January 19, 2015)
District 9 (March 09, 2015)
Dr. Strangelove (January 21, 2015)
Easy Rider (February 09, 2015)
Karate Kid (January 20, 2015)
Snatch (February 09, 2015)
Taxi Driver (March 09, 2015)

Direct purchase links:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is teaming up with Gallery 1988 to launch “Project Pop Art, a collection of 7 cult classic films re-released on Blu-ray™ in SteelBook™ packaging, featuring innovative and unique artwork by top emerging artists and designers. The collection commemorates popular and iconic films, including Taxi Driver, District 9, Easy Rider and more. The titles will be available exclusively at Zavvi.com in the UK on January 19th 2015 (DAS BOOT, DR. STRANGELOVE, THE KARATE KID), February 9th (EASY RIDER, SNATCH), and March 9th (DISTRICT 9, TAXI DRIVER) for a limited time only

Attachments

• thumb.png
    thumb.png
    16 KB · Views: 9,513
Last edited by a moderator:
Prices are a bit better now. Think I'll get strangelove, taxi driver and now snatch. spaced a month apart too

£14.99
That's nice to see but in my opinion they should have been £12.99 and would have better chance of selling majority at that price

Think I'll just be up for The Boat (hoping it is at least the extended cut,, and praying for the whole mini-series), and Dr. Strangelove.

Taxi Driver design doesn't look too clever, and Snatch is a total no-no odious little Ritche blandfest. Yuck!!

Last edited:
I wish we could have got the complete wave, Leon was probably my favourite of the bunch.
Agreed, despite having the awesome KimchiDVD Leon Fullslip, I'd definitely have double dipped if it was available in the UK.
I think the current UK Steelbook has boring artwork and is overpriced, it would have been nice to have a decent UK release.

Anyway, I just ordered Das Boot because it sounds interesting and I like the artwork, to be honest I'm not really a fan of any of the other artwork so am skipping the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
Das Boot, Easy rider and Karate Kid for myself... Would have loved Leon, but have double dipped too many times since the VHS release