Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 522
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
I don't know how often one can say this, but damn, this episode was just epic. :woot::woot::woot: Can't believe there's only one episode left this season. :ohno: I can see that major cliffhanger coming, with blue eyes probably. :watch:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Another incredible episode

Wrote this the other day after watching the leaked episode. Now I'm hoping the final is leaked because I have to wait even longer now lol

Thrones are so good at creating partnerships. I loved the hound and Tormund duo and their conversation at the start about brienne was Briliant lol "how has a f*cking mad man like you lasted so long" lol

I seriously thought we were going to see John ride a dragon when she left with all 3 of them.

I have a funny feeling about arya though. I hope I'm wrong but I feel she might not be her. I can't remember her having a satuel like the one she keeps the faces in. If it is her then I love that she has spare faces. Considering what she did to the freys and used another girls face for that she can do it whenever but somethings up. When she arrived her reaction to Sansa, bran and the conversation about the letter to rob among other things still felt like her but that last conversation with Sansa in her room made me think it's not her!

Also I feel more incest coming on. When tyrion mentions the 4 guys who's fallen in love with her John included and the little hand holding at the end is too close lol I hope bran sees John soon so he can tell him but I think it will be too late by then and they would of done the deed

And obviously the last scene. Didn't actually see that coming after it got killed. Wasn't expecting them to hoist it out the water. A f*cking white walker dragon!!!! That throws a spanner in the works

Also I Can't help but think how dany has saved the hound, a man who's brother killed her cousins and sister in law

Fantastic episode once again. Now on to the season finale

RE: Arya - I think its her but I think Littlefinger knows how to drive a wedge

RE: White Walker Dragon - Kind of saw that coming. I'm just mad that its really been a Drogon show and the first time she really unleashes all three Dragons one dies. I thought that was dumb. Like if she lost one after a few battles yeah I get it but this just felt stupid to me. Can you even tell me which one died, if you don't look it up? And then he throws a second spear as if that one was going to connect. Also it throws the whole prophecy out of whack with the three heads three dragon riders. I have a feeling the books will be different.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo @mllNY
Re: Arya
I think Arya is herself.

My theory is she is playing everyone.
She wanted Littlefinger to see her in the "shadows". Make him think that he is playing her when really it is the other way around. She is going to expose him for what he is.
And with Sansa, Arya is just testing her. Trying to find out where Sansa loyalties are. To see if she has been manipulated or not and if she is in it for herself or if her loyalties are with Family.
Arya wants Sansa to admit she is selfish, so then she will realize it and hopefully not go down a "power hungry" path.

I could be wrong. But I don't think Arya would fall for Littlefingers tricks so easily.

and I predict Littlefinger wont make it to next season.

WTF just happened? Holly **** , now they have a *******

ICE DRAGON. We are soooo ****** up

I was like that after the episode
Sebastian-from-The-Little-Mermaid-Surprise-GIFs.gif

Love the wildling and the hound conversation.It was ******* hilarious . They are both awesome characters .

For Arya and Sansa, my thoughts are
Its all an act from Arya, just to show littlefinger that he thinks he is in control and knows everything. Arya will kill Littlefinger next episode. Probably use a mask . Can not wait for season finale

For Arya and Sansa, my thoughts are
Its all an act from Arya, just to show littlefinger that he thinks he is in control and knows everything. Arya will kill Littlefinger next episode. Probably use a mask . Can not wait for season finale
Yeah probably, but then why is she like that with Sansa ???? I mean it's her sister ! She doesn't have to threaten her, she could just explain to her who Littlefinger really is. I get that she has to show Littlefinger he thinks he's in control but Sansa could have helped if Arya had explained her instead of just beeing the victim here.

Yeah probably, but then why is she like that with Sansa ???? I mean it's her sister ! She doesn't have to threaten her, she could just explain to her who Littlefinger really is. I get that she has to show Littlefinger he thinks he's in control but Sansa could have helped if Arya had explained her instead of just beeing the victim here.

She is like that to sansa because

i bet littlefinger is watching or listening their argument or their conversation. You saw sansa brought him at her room and close the door and spoke about arya and he mention to send brienne to kings landing. Arya is testing sansa loyalty to the family. To see if she and littlefinger will betray her and try to kill her because she knows the secret.

• Thanks
She is like that to sansa because

i bet littlefinger is watching or listening their argument or their conversation. You saw sansa brought him at her room and close the door and spoke about arya and he mention to send brienne to kings landing. Arya is testing sansa loyalty to the family. To see if she and littlefinger will betray her and try to kill her because she knows the secret.
I wish they could just get along and kill Littlefinger together.

And Bran could help them and tell them how much a bad guy Littlefinger really is instead of just being hidden in his room..

• Thanks
@Flloydo @mllNY
I think Arya is herself.

She wanted Littlefinger to see her in the "shadows". Make him think that he is playing her when really it is the other way around. She is going to expose him for what he is.
And with Sansa, Arya is just testing her. Trying to find out where Sansa loyalties are. To see if she has been manipulated or not and if she is in it for herself or if her loyalties are with Family.
Arya wants Sansa to admit she is selfish, so then she will realize it and hopefully not go down a "power hungry" path.

I could be wrong. But I don't think Arya would fall for Littlefingers tricks so easily.

I actually forgot to include this in my bit about arya but I actually said that about her to @Noodles the other day. I think she's playing him and testing Sansa too. She's too clever for it all

He has to die soon. He's the worst thing about thrones. I can handle the character, he's a snake but the actor is terrible. His bad accent going into Irish everytime he talks is unbearable

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and harry
@Flloydo @mllNY
I think Arya is herself.

I'd already discussed the whole Arya thing with @Flloydo last week and came to the same conclusion as him...

...that it's not actually Arya. One reason for thinking this (apart from that final convo with Sansa) is because you'd think she'd be smart enough to know Littlefinger is playing her, and I refused to believe the real Arya would be so dumb to not realise it. What you said makes sense though as it definitely sounds like something she'd do!

• Thanks
I'd already discussed the whole Arya thing with @Flloydo last week and came to the same conclusion as him...

...that it's not actually Arya. One reason for thinking this (apart from that final convo with Sansa) is because you'd think she'd be smart enough to know Littlefinger is playing her, and I refused to believe the real Arya would be so dumb to not realise it. What you said makes sense though as it definitely sounds like something she'd do!

After I did say to you maybe she knows he's watching and hopefully she kills him. It does seem out of her character and we know she's not stupid so it can only mean she has another agenda (I hope)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Well I was the same as most of you and 'cheated' by watching it last week but after watching again I have a few thoughts

• Why after mining the dragon glass for the last few weeks, knowing that they were going north of the wall, wouldn't Jon have taken some in the form of weapons with him?!?!
  • As the Night King was all out in the open when the, as @mllNY said, unknown dragon died why did the other two just not go for him (yes it may have killed the series off a bit to early :hilarious:)
  • And mainly, where the F%$k did the whites find those big ass chains to pull the dragon out?
[\spoiler]

Just my thoughts :hilarious:

Well I was the same as most of you and 'cheated' by watching it last week but after watching again I have a few thoughts

• Why after mining the dragon glass for the last few weeks, knowing that they were going north of the wall, wouldn't Jon have taken some in the form of weapons with him?!?!
  • As the Night King was all out in the open when the, as @mllNY said, unknown dragon died why did the other two just not go for him (yes it may have killed the series off a bit to early :hilarious:)
  • And mainly, where the F%$k did the whites find those big ass chains to pull the dragon out?
[\spoiler]

It's not unknow dragon. It's Viserys. Confirmed by the writers in the behind the scenes footage. And it makes sense. Drogon is Dany's dragon, Rhaegar is Jon's dragon and Viserys wasn't meant for anyone.

[\spoiler]

or attack the night king right away since you had the complete element of surprise from the beginning

for as good as thrones can be sometimes i think they want to do things for shock value without thinking. You can say this was the result of Dany being rash and not listening but once she decided to go in she could have been smarter about it

dragons come in and start blasting everyone, have them attack that area to start

It's not unknow dragon. It's Viserys. Confirmed by the writers in the behind the scenes footage. And it makes sense. Drogon is Dany's dragon, Rhaegar is Jon's dragon and Viserys wasn't meant for anyone.

ok but without the behind the scenes commentary would you have known it was Viserys over Rhaegal that was killed?

like I said above, could you tell me which of the two it was that was killed without the commentary.

RE: Arya - I think its her but I think Littlefinger knows how to drive a wedge

RE: White Walker Dragon - Kind of saw that coming. I'm just mad that its really been a Drogon show and the first time she really unleashes all three Dragons one dies. I thought that was dumb. Like if she lost one after a few battles yeah I get it but this just felt stupid to me. Can you even tell me which one died, if you don't look it up? And then he throws a second spear as if that one was going to connect. Also it throws the whole prophecy out of whack with the three heads three dragon riders. I have a feeling the books will be different.

Tbh I'm so bad with names in this show (apart from the main players) that nah I didn't have a clue what dragon that was. I just knew it wasn't her main one.

Wasn't until I looked it up