Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 14, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £35.99

6.jpg

They will all get more stock
Same happened with the first 2 after all the prices dropped and they are back everywhere
Ah cool, thanks :) hadn't ordered this one yet and was hoping to get it for Christmas so was worried I'd missed my chance!

Ah cool, thanks :) hadn't ordered this one yet and was hoping to get it for Christmas so was worried I'd missed my chance!
Mine is still on order from Amazon waiting for stock :ohno:

I would of thought they would get more anyway. Can't see them doing the last season out on a smaller print run to the first 5 and they are all still avaliable

I got season 3 & 4 the other day but it's a crimbo present so I still need to get 5 & 6 too and I was going to wait for a simular drop to 3 & 4 prices maybe next year.

So hold tight because I have a feeling they will sort more stock from their suppliers

I can't get Season 6 for love of money. It's sold out everywhere and I pre-ordered it with Zavvi the day it was announced. I ordered it at the same time as Season 5. I got Season 5 no problems but the 6th one is sold out everywhere and I'm not prepared to pay stupid money for it on ebay
And since there is nothing special or different to the season 6 steelbook there has to be something funny going on. Deliberate low press run?

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Shipped from Amazon :thumbs:

Good to hear, they must of been waiting for more stock

Is a little odd the retailers have sold out of this season but I can only assume more are on the way. Like I said before a similar thing happened to the first two and they are all back.

I wonder if it's to do with everyone outside the uk can also order on Amazon uk and they were getting a better deal than from their own country because of the Black Friday drop and the drop of the pound. Huge shame if so

Would mean we will have to wait for Germany's etc to drop or eBay

Let's hope that don't happen though

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
One of the rare times I'd have to purchase the UK one as the English writing is only on the USA and UK covers. It would be a mismatch with my other five. The other regions have language specific covers. One thing that has impressed me is the built in steelbook protective jacket. Nice touch, was not expecting than on them.

One of the rare times I'd have to purchase the UK one as the English writing is only on the USA and UK covers. It would be a mismatch with my other five. The other regions have language specific covers. One thing that has impressed me is the built in steelbook protective jacket. Nice touch, was not expecting than on them.

On the steels? Or do you mean the foreign writing on the protective PET box?

I'm with you on that but if the steel is still in English and the PET is foreign then it won't bother me, I take the steels out and put them in wraps and lined up so you can see the spines that join together. I keep the boxes seperate

Edit: just had a look and it's on the slip so that don't bother me the slightest. Steel has English titles

I was going to buy off amazon UK today but they've already gone out of stock again :( I really hope I haven't missed it..

Does anyone know if they're going to get a 3rd batch?

Patience!!!!

This literally came out a few weeks ago, it's close to Christmas and retailers will get more stock. Wish everyone stopped freaking out

Why is there a supply problem with this one?. You can still get the first 5 no problems so why the problems with this one when there is nothing special or exclusive on the 6th set?

Why is there a supply problem with this one?. You can still get the first 5 no problems so why the problems with this one when there is nothing special or exclusive on the 6th set?

The same happened when the first two dropped in price. Went away for a while and then came back and stuck around. Like I said this was released not long ago and Amazon and zavvi won't have all of HBOs stock. And there is no way season 6 is a smaller print run. They spent a lot of money on the season Especially the last few episodes. There will be more of these after the Christmas rush

Plus I imagine more from outside the uk are buying due to the weak pound which I personally think Amazon should stop for now

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stansf1eld
For this season, steelbook was released at the same time as the usual digibook/slipcover releases.
This was even a cheaper option between the two so I'm guessing many casual buyers chose this as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The same happened when the first two dropped in price. Went away for a while and then came back and stuck around. Like I said this was released not long ago and Amazon and zavvi won't have all of HBOs stock. And there is no way season 6 is a smaller print run. They spent a lot of money on the season Especially the last few episodes. There will be more of these after the Christmas rush

Plus I imagine more from outside the uk are buying due to the weak pound which I personally think Amazon should stop for now

Are you sure? :p

That comment doesn't make sense to me either. Why would people who haven't purchased the 1st 5 suddenly purchase a steelbook for a series they haven't been collecting. Anyone purchasing the 1st 5 should have been able to get the 6th one no problems and this is one has been problematic from the moment they started sending out the orders.

That comment doesn't make sense to me either. Why would people who haven't purchased the 1st 5 suddenly purchase a steelbook for a series they haven't been collecting. Anyone purchasing the 1st 5 should have been able to get the 6th one no problems and this is one has been problematic from the moment they started sending out the orders.
Because for season 6 the steelbook was cheaper than the regular version.