Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season (Amazon Excl. Limited Edition) [Worldwide]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Artist rendering:

image.jpg

CLICK LINKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA:
RELEASE DATE: Feb. 18, 2014
PRICE (at time of posting): $99.99
ORDER: Amazon
UK

FRANCE

ITALY

SPAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks GavinG for posting some great pics :scat: stoked there being shipped :scat::scat::scat: cheap plastic or not it looks great plus I pre ordered at 33% off was either 79 or 89$US I can live with that :LOL:

thanks GavinG for posting some great pics :scat: stoked there being shipped :scat::scat::scat: cheap plastic or not it looks great plus I pre ordered at 33% off was either 79 or 89$US I can live with that :LOL:

No probs glad you like them :thumbs: - if your a GOT fan you are going to love it no matter what but it really is made from light plastic .

Yesterday when I took the pics it was in the morning but last night with my light on believe it or not if you hold the top piece up side down and look up you can see the light through it :hilarious:.

Also with the top piece you can squeeze the two sides in easily by hand just like a hard cardboard boxset, the base piece is better made though but still the same light plastic but they have weighted it down a bit.

At the end of the day its GOT and theres a Dragon on it - that was me sold :D

Reactions: Paulie
thinking i'll just opt for the normal digipack, as it is symmetrical with the previous two and will use the extra savings for some bookend pieces

No probs glad you like them :thumbs: - if your a GOT fan you are going to love it no matter what but it really is made from light plastic .

Yesterday when I took the pics it was in the morning but last night with my light on believe it or not if you hold the top piece up side down and look up you can see the light through it :hilarious:.

Also with the top piece you can squeeze the two sides in easily by hand just like a hard cardboard boxset, the base piece is better made though but still the same light plastic but they have weighted it down a bit.

At the end of the day its GOT and theres a Dragon on it - that was me sold :D

I was sold on it the first time I seen it & its makes little difference to me what its made of because its not a toy for kids...it will be going straight into the display cabinet :oohyeah:

I'm a hug GoT fan so I had to have it regardless of what it's made of. It's sad that it's just plastic and I agree with many that the price isn't a great reflection of the material.

It's a great display piece but I hope they one-up it in the next seasons. I think they can do a lot better job at making something creative. They need to hire the people who helped create the walking dead limited editions.

Damn you amazon co.uk. I just wanted to cancel this, and I could not cancel it any more while it not was dispatched... Then 30 minutes later I got an email that it was dispatched... Hate this if it is going to be just plastic... Way to expensive.

Waiting to see how this looks in hand, for the price I am expecting a lot so if disappointed on arrival I'll just contact Amazon. From the pics earlier in the thread this doesn't look like a Under the Dome type fiasco (to be honest this set still looks pretty good to me) but I still expect a high quality item for £70 so if it's really cheap then I'll either send it back or see if they will partially refund to a more appropriate price. I wouldn't panic just because it's been dispatched though.

Don't get me wrong i'm a huge Got fan but I just don't see the point in spending a lot of money for something that may not be worth it.

Although I have been putting money saved up towards a complete edition for when the show comes to an end.

kinda glad I cancelled mine, it looks nice enough, I just dont think it looks £70 nice...£50ish and Id be tempted. As for the lack of presentation packaging, is this gonna be a thing of the future I wonder? at the end of the day, presentation packaging is just that..its there to tempt you to take something off a store shelf, if its online there is no need for that, as with the Walking Dead fishtank that arrived in a plain cardboard box, this is a nice enough set in cheap and nasty packaging. I know a lot (probably most) Joe public buyers throw away packaging from most things but the kind of folks who buy these editions are the kind who keep everything and appreciate nice packaging as much as the content ...especially if your one of those oddballs who keeps everything sealed :p

Mine arrived this morning, it's pretty nice in hand to be honest and doesn't feel cheap at all. It's got an effect on the outside that makes it feel rough like stone and has been styled to appear chipped and carved. It's got some weight to it too and the carved name/title looks really cool. The dragon is pretty delicate and the detail on the dragon's face could be better but visually it looks really good. It's all very much one grey colour though though rather than like a variation of shades like in the artwork. The main issue though actually isn't the fact it is made of plastic or the lack of a presentation case but the practicality of it. The top part doesn't clip too well to the bottom and it lives in feeling a little unstable. It would have been better with the box coming out of the side like the Walking Dead fish tank. Overall it's a nice set but would have been more value for money at say £50.

Reactions: MRD and rodtp