General Slipcover Discussion

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
NOTICE [April 3rd, 2018]:
Changing the title and idea behind this thread to General Slipcover Discussion (formerly Favorite Slipcover You Have & Rare Slip Discussion). Please, feel free to still share your favorite slipcovers, but rather than start a brand-new thread, I'm just going amalgamate the idea with this existing thread.

Thanks!

- Tridon

----------------------------------------------------------

What slip cover do you have that's your favorite? Or even one that's rare?

slip1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I hope this is the right place to ask. Does anyone know of a good way to remove very tight slipbox covers?

Thanks!

Just got to lube it up.

Webp.net-resizeimage.gif

Sorry, just joking. In all seriousness, you just have to do you best to push it the amaray as gently as possible. That's all I've ever done.

@kryptonite, any tips?

The lube is great for something else but not paper products...lol

I have never seen a tight fitting slip that is made made for an amaray. Unless you are trying to fit a US slipcover over a Uk amaray.

Once, I had to detach one side of a UK slip and re-attach it to fit a steelbook.

Just got to lube it up.

Webp.net-resizeimage.gif

Sorry, just joking. In all seriousness, you just have to do you best to push it the amaray as gently as possible. That's all I've ever done.

@kryptonite, any tips?
thanks @tridon @kryptonite i'm tempted to use that. ;)

i guess what you are referring is the slipcase with both ends open. then you can push it from one side. what i'm referring to is the slipbox where there's only one open side.

Last edited:
is it cause you are trying to get movie out without opening off all the shrink? the shrink can be making the package in a whole tighter .... that or you need to take a razor blade and cut more finely to make sure nothing can hold it back then shake it like hell and it should come out a bit then pull er' out.

is it cause you are trying to get movie out without opening off all the shrink? the shrink can be making the package in a whole tighter .... that or you need to take a razor blade and cut more finely to make sure nothing can hold it back then shake it like hell and it should come out a bit then pull er' out.

thanks @Wreck i'm sure the shrink has no impact cuz it's actually quite loose already after cutting out the opening side.

it's just the slipcover itself that is too tight. you can tell from the bulging of the slipcover at both the top and bottom ends of the opening side how tight it is.

yes some of them i managed to shake loose a bit to pull out but, man, that took an hour sometimes.:sour: also caused booklet or paper inserts inside the amaray to get chopped at the edges.

still there are a few that shaking doesn't work at all.

i'm going to try a couple of ways later tonight to see whether they work. will update.

Last edited:

‘Shake it like hell’ ....proven method! Lol

Reactions: Real Steel
‘Shake it like hell’ ....proven method! Lol
thanks @NoDingsNoScratches

unfortunately shaking doesn't work for 3 of the slipcovers I have. and the last time i managed it, it took me an hour of vigorous shaking.:smashed:

so i need to find an easier workable method. currently what i have in mind is to find a thin bendable plastic strip that i could insert through the gap between the slipcover and the amaray on one side, push it all the way in and then try to make it u-turn back out through the gap on the other side. then i can just pull the amaray out using the two ends of the plastic strip.

i've tried with papers of various thickness without success. i believe it would work if i could find the right thickness of plastic strip. any ideas are welcome. :)

thanks @Wreck i'm sure the shrink has no impact cuz it's actually quite loose already after cutting out the opening side.

it's just the slipcover itself that is too tight. you can tell from the bulging of the slipcover at both the top and bottom ends of the opening side how tight it is.

yes some of them i managed to shake loose a bit to pull out but, man, that took an hour sometimes.:sour: also caused booklet or paper inserts inside the amaray to get chopped at the edges.

still there are a few that shaking doesn't work at all.

i'm going to try a couple of ways later tonight to see whether they work. will update.
I hate when companies dont measure and adjust appropriately, same with when you see slipboxes where the contents dont totally fit inside. Admittedly this is the hardest thing to do as most all Companies who print arent trying to fart around with printing samples and allowing you to adjust ... they want your final and run with it ... was very stressful part of the projects I ran for the HDN editions but with the right measuring tools that measure by the mm digitally you can be very precise.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Couldn't find a good thread for this question, so I'll try my luck here :thumbs: @tridon @kryptonite @Apollon @Wreck Anyone know if these blurays from France were released with slipcovers?

Veronica
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07BF23K1W/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383912

The Taking of Deborah Logan
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01DL2EX6K/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383913

Pan's Labyrinth
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0069RWKB0/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383914

Thanks for the help :cool:

The Pan’s should have a slip.

Couldn't find a good thread for this question, so I'll try my luck here :thumbs: @tridon @kryptonite @Apollon @Wreck Anyone know if these blurays from France were released with slipcovers?

Veronica
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07BF23K1W/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383912

The Taking of Deborah Logan
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01DL2EX6K/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383913

Pan's Labyrinth
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0069RWKB0/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
View attachment 383914

Thanks for the help :cool:

I would say those were all released with slipcovers during their initial release, but there’s no guarantee that they’d still ship with their slips. Pretty awesome to see a physical release for Veronica, though. I still haven’t watched that, but I’ve heard nothing but great things.