Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, HDN!

Now that all pre-orders have shipped and we've worked our way through the issues (Customers who did not receive the 3D SteelBook due to a supplier issue, should now have been shipped the 4K SteelBook with the option of getting a 3D disc) we've got a limited amount of the 4K Limited Edition SteelBook remaining.

We'll be putting these back on sale at 3pm.

@SampleX - Post #421 on page 22. I would contact them and see if you are eligible.

@BluSteel2012
Have you got delivery yet

I'm still waiting if not delivered by this Wednesday we will be told to wait until August 30th before Zavvi will do anything

I really wish Zavvi not use these European warehouses based in Holland or Sweden to ship orders to Rep of Ireland and use either UK Warrington warehouse or the Guernsey warehouse instead

There seams to be orders arriving very late or not arriving at all when shipped from Holland or Sweden going by recent posts on various web forums
Dunno. I'm out of town until tomorrow evening.... .

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Still waiting for my 3D version to arrive :(
That's 3 of us from Rep of Ireland still waiting for delivery and most likely lot more

Zavvi using warehouses in Holland and Sweden now to ship lot of orders to Rep of Ireland

Delivery times can be 10 to 14 days and longer and that's if order arrives at all

Sweden is a disaster for post getting lost or very late been delivered

I wish Zavvi would use UK warehouse or Guernsey warehouse to ship orders to Rep of Ireland as delivery takes only 4-5 days most times

@zavvi
Any reason for change recently for shipping from Holland or Sweden as it's not ideal for customers based in Rep of Ireland can you ask them to change back to Guernsey warehouse for customers based in Rep of Ireland as delivery is fast when shipped from Guernsey and also they use the zavvi white boxes with steelbook at the very least use UK Hut warehouse if not possible to ship from Guernsey

Holland and Sweden warehouse use basic cardboard mailers not very good for steelbooks and also way to long of delivery times and items getting lost in postal system

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I wish Zavvi would use UK warehouse or Guernsey warehouse to ship orders to Rep of Ireland as delivery takes only 4-5 days most times

So I think what you're trying to say, from reading a lot of your recent posts, is that you wish Zavvi would use Guernsey warehouse to ship orders?

I'm in England too. My delivery of GITS didn't come in the white sturdy mailer either. How many other steelbook releases are being sent in the brown thin cardboard packaging, or is it really logistics dispatch of items to specific restitution points that determine packaging...?

I'm in England too. My delivery of GITS didn't come in the white sturdy mailer either. How many other steelbook releases are being sent in the brown thin cardboard packaging, or is it really logistics dispatch of items to specific restitution points that determine packaging...?

The Hut's UK warehouse doesn't have the sturdy white boxes.

Maybe Zavvi is changing their Steelbook distribution points to some degree? Maybe the Guernsey tax loophole is being closed?

I got 2 Vinyl orders arrive this morning
Both shipped from Sweden warehouse

Took 12 days for delivery from Sweden

Society Steelbook shipped same time as both vinyl orders took 4 days to be delivered and was shipped from Guernsey and in Zavvi white box

Ghost in the Shell 3D steelbook was shipped 2 days before my Vinyl orders was shipped but but has not been delivered yet

It would have been 4-5 days if shipped from Guernsey and would be in a zavvi white box

If Ghost in the shell was shipped from Sweden it will be in a basic cardboard mailer and that's if it arrives at all

Parcels shipped from Sweden has a bad rep for items getting lost in post

I got 2 Vinyl orders arrive this morning
Both shipped from Sweden warehouse

Took 12 days for delivery from Sweden

Society Steelbook shipped same time as both vinyl orders took 4 days to be delivered and was shipped from Guernsey and in Zavvi white box

Ghost in the Shell 3D steelbook was shipped 2 days before my Vinyl orders was shipped but but has not been delivered yet

It would have been 4-5 days if shipped from Guernsey and would be in a zavvi white box

If Ghost in the shell was shipped from Sweden it will be in a basic cardboard mailer and that's if it arrives at all

Parcels shipped from Sweden has a bad rep for items getting lost in post

I had a parcel "lost" even before it left the UK warehouse :LOL:

Looks like it on my copy, but the letters are so small it's not worth it. Plus Steelbook say so on their site: http://steelbook.com/releases/ghost-in-the-shell-movie-steelbook-edition/
I dont doubt its there but it seems a lot of effort for zero result (honestly looks like there is basically nothing on mine)

I'm in England but my last order didn't come in a white box as per normal.
same.
second time I got a steel in a crappy mailer.
The white boxes arent good enough half the time so Zavvi better not start using these flimsier cardboard envelopes

@BluSteel2012
Have you got delivery yet

I'm still waiting if not delivered by this Wednesday we will be told to wait until August 30th before Zavvi will do anything

I really wish Zavvi not use these European warehouses based in Holland or Sweden to ship orders to Rep of Ireland and use either UK Warrington warehouse or the Guernsey warehouse instead

There seams to be orders arriving very late or not arriving at all when shipped from Holland or Sweden going by recent posts on various web forums

Well, I'm back after a short break. This still hasn't arrived over the past few days.

My despatch email did say estimated delivery date Wed 23 Aug - Thu 24 Aug though, so there's still time......

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Well, I'm back after a short break. This still hasn't arrived over the past few days.

My despatch email did say estimated delivery date Wed 23 Aug - Thu 24 Aug though, so there's still time......
Zavvi give you estimated delivery date of 2 weeks with all orders shipped to Rep of Ireland
All my orders have 2 weeks and that's even when shipped from Guernsey but arrives in 4-5 days
I ignore the estimated delivery dates

If not delivered in 4-12 days it's most likely lost in postal system and down to luck after that if turns up
Some end up in wrong country and sometimes get redirected to correct address but not always

You can expect your steelbook if it does arrive in a basic cardboard mailer