Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry mate. They've confirmed that both versions will include the 2D version too
Appreciate the info! Glad they include 2D, but I hate that I'm still paying extra for something I have no use for... obviously that's my problem though, as I simply can't afford to keep up-to-date with the best tech nowadays. :ugh:

Reactions: denizen
I actually thought this would go live early as per usual. That would make the countdown clock redundant lol

Wana get back to watching sightseers

I've ordered the 3D version for now.

What I might do is also get the FAC edition and swap out the 4K disc (which I have no need for) for the 3D one and sell on the 4k set to recuperate some cash.......

A few of the actions scenes in particular really look good in 3D but, just in general, the 3D looks great - the way it works just for the city spaces (including the giant animated adverts) really make the city feel alive

Totally agree, it just looks stunning in 3D, they really did put some serious thought into its 3D presentation

I just got back from an IMAX 3D screening too, and it was worth the upgrade for visuals alone.
The story is pretty solid sci fi fare, and I appreciated that it wasn't just a rehash of the original anime.
I hope it does well enough for a sequel as I'd like to see them flesh out the character of Major, as it did feel like a origins film.
Exactly what i said to my BF - if they flesh it out to a trilogy where she ends up in the same place as she did at the end of the cartoon(eventually) I'd be happy foe this as an origins story.
As a stand a,one its missing somethin although its VERY good(needs to be seen in IMAX and 3D if possible)

So 3D steel pre-ordered is a no brainer