Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed on all fronts(cant wait to rewatch in IMAX again) and pre-ordered 3D steelbook

Hoping for a premium release but this wil tide me over until we see what the import options are

I loved the film enough to buy a few versions and this art is acceptable but NEEDS to be gloss, but oh yeah I seriously can't wait to see what the Asians do with this

I saw the thread title and thought the steelbook had both the 3D & 4K discs. Went with the 4K version.

Irritated with the extra 10 increase for 4K, maybe get that from FAC, 3D from here, looks decent if the art stays the same...but we have been fooled before. (Rogue One anybody...)

They do mention below that the artwork is not final. So it is without doubt that it will change.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
As nice as it is I am skipping this one ...... we should have 4K & 3D disc in the set.
What is the point of a 2D 1080p disc in the set when you have 4K ?

Hate to disagree with a fellow Utd fan but personally I think it's better to have the choice rather than piling them all in one package (for cost reasons). If they did that then there'd be 2 out of the 3 discs that wouldn't be wanted - going on the theory that most people prefer 3D or 4K exclusively.

I went for 3D for what it's worth.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Yes, super cool original poster design for the front but the back might be a problem as that's the only poster in that red & black colour palette that I can see.

Would be a better idea to provide two different steelbooks for each format choice . . . keep the red in the OP and provide another in a blue palette using images from some of the other excellent poster designs such as two from here . . .
II
V

question here for all the i want 4k and 3d lot!
i thought the 4k format (tv)doesnt carry on with 3d as all 4k tv manufacturers are dropping 3d and as so havent bothered with it?
or am i being incorrect here?

point being the tv wont play both.

basil :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
question here for all the i want 4k and 3d lot!
i thought the 4k format (tv)doesnt carry on with 3d as all 4k tv manufacturers are dropping 3d and as so havent bothered with it?
or am i being incorrect here?

point being the tv wont play both.

basil :confused:
going forward that seems correct yes but there are plenty current TVs that do both obviously and people do have multiple tvs lol. I like options as long as the price doesnt skyrocket.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
As nice as it is I am skipping this one ...... we should have 4K & 3D disc in the set.
What is the point of a 2D 1080p disc in the set when you have 4K ?
Most consumers don't have a 4K TV or 4K UHD Blu-ray player yet so it needs to have a standard 2D Blu-ray
If no 2D Blu-ray was included sales of a release be it a steelbook on a non steelbook release would be be reduced by a lot

3D Blu-ray releases have to include a 2D version anyway as it's a requirement of the 3D spec that it can be played on a 2D Blu-ray player by including a separate 2D disc or 3D disc that has both 2D/3D on same disc

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012