Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When 3D was in the early stages, prices were high. Same with Blu-rays. Now it has dropped but not much for new releases. Nothing unusual or uncommon here. However it doesn't change the fact that FA are now the #1 retailer in the naughty and greedy list. Even 2D releases were jacked up considerably, so don't blame the format, blame the Studios and the retailer.

I'm expecting an extra £10 - £12, wouldn't surprise me sadly, hoping for £5 - £7....
I'm definitely out if it's the former! I could maybe convince myself to waste £5-£7 if the overall package is a stunner though... suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Standard release is also now a 4K UHD release and price is listed as 799 CZK
If price don't change then the posting on facebook about price not having a price jump is correct

The facebook post in czech when translated says price distribution set same as usual for 3 D + 2 D configuration may not be the concern of some big price jump

This means the distributor price is the same as 2D/3D configuration

The FAC Edition will of course be more than 799 CZK with the added Full Slip and Magnet etc

I just hope it includes the standard Blu-ray along with the 4K UHD Blu-ray as I won't be upgrading to 4K for at least 3-4 years and no point in purchasing a 4K UHD Player when I won't have a 4K TV

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
So no 3D option with this release at all then? :(
Yes going by both listings on Film Arena

Both the Standard and FAC Editions are 4K UHD Blu-ray releases no mention of 3D

I assume it includes a standard Blu-ray disc in both editions if it don't I won't be able to watch the film as I will not be purchasing a 4K UHD Blu-ray Player or a 4K TV anytime soon and will be a few years before I even consider upgrading to 4K TV

The facebook post in czech when translated says price distribution set same as usual for 3 D + 2 D configuration may not be the concern of some big price jump

That means the distributor is providing the 4K UHD Disc at same price as 3D+2D if that info posted is correct
I'm not sure if that will happen :rofl:

Fingers crossed, I guess. But I'm not too hopeful haha.
But first things first, I hope this movie can live up to the amazing GitS movies/anime series. That is most important.

No 3D = Pass! Plus I can see this getting some insane Asian releases!

I brought this up in another thread that 3D may be on it’s way out. As TV manufactures stop offering them in their line up it stands to reason that 3D discs might be soon to follow. Samsung being one of the biggest has already stopped offering them. Just google 3D dead and you’ll find numerous articles on the subject. It’s too bad as I love 3D . I guess we’ll just have to wait and see but it doesn’t sound promising.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
It's sort of expected that there will be some film releases from the film studios that will start to not include a 3D Disc and be 4K UHD and Blu-ray only for one reason push the sales of 4K UHD.

3D in the cinema theaters will continue but film studios in regards to 3D Blu-ray have to look at the fact that all TV manufactures have stopped providing 3D playback with TV panels made in 2017 as in no TV's made in 2017 will have 3D ability to play in 3D and it's not known yet if 3D playback will added back in 2018 TV panels
TV manufactures are focusing on 4K for now

As more consumers upgrade to 4K TV from 2017 the amount of TV's with 3D playback will be reduced unless the customers purchase a TV made in 2016 or before 2016.
Most customers upgrading to a 4K TV will want the latest TV model not one from previous years

The future of 3D in homes will be TV with the ability to play in 3D without the needs for 3D glasses until that happens 3D Blu-ray releases will start to be lot lesser than before

Last edited:
Not to get sidetracked to much into the 3d debate but 3d Imax showings here are now getting less and less as well. Beauty Beast is only 2 imax 3d showings at 930 and 1215am for opening weekend and 1 showing in Imax 3d a day at 930 after that. 4-5 other normal 2d Imax showings throughout the day and then also other regular screen 3d showings as well though. I think even the cinemas are seeing 3d shows slump sadly.

I really do like the imax 3d showing and really look forward to this movie. I have a feeling about this that reminds me of the matrix back in 99 and I hope it lives up to that

It's sort of expected that there will be some film releases from the film studios that will start to not include a 3D Disc and be 4K UHD and Blu-ray only for one reason push the sales of 4K UHD.

3D in the cinema theaters will continue but film studios in regards to 3D Blu-ray have to look at the fact that all TV manufactures have stopped providing 3D playback with TV panels made in 2017 as in no TV's made in 2017 will have 3D ability to play in 3D and it's not known yet if 3D playback will added back in 2018 TV panels

As more consumers upgrade to 4K TV from 2017 the amount of TV's with 3D playback will be reduced unless the customers purchase a TV made in 2016 or before 2016.
Most customers upgrading to a 4K TV will want the latest TV model not one from previous years

The future of 3D in homes will be TV with the ability to play in 3D without the needs for 3D glasses until that happens 3D Blu-ray releases will start to be lot lesser than before

Until the sequel to the biggest film in history comes out. Cameron has made it crystal clear to the studio that all first edition home formats to the sequel will be 3D ONLY. He hates 4K and sees it as worthless. So get all the stupid people to buy their new TV this year in 4K and HELLO 2018 and 3D is back its plain and simple, Samsung etc know this films coming and know it was the reason for a huge amount of first adopters. So take it away completely this year and bring it back to sell even more TVs when it does come out! ANd Yes I did speak to a senior exec at Fox and they are sh"tting themselves as Cameron has absolute control of this property and won't be releasing it at least for the first 2 waves in 4K.

Everything you mentioned is true, but there is quite a rabid 3D fan base out there, bought a Oled 3D 2016 tv last month because of 2017 tv's and there was a firestorm for 2016 3D tvs, seems like many were being sold, thought I read an article that a small niche of 3D tvs might come back in 2018, there definitely was a backlash.....

Until the sequel to the biggest film in history comes out. Cameron has made it crystal clear to the studio that all first edition home formats to the sequel will be 3D ONLY. He hates 4K and sees it as worthless. So get all the stupid people to buy their new TV this year in 4K and HELLO 2018 and 3D is back its plain and simple, Samsung etc know this films coming and know it was the reason for a huge amount of first adopters. So take it away completely this year and bring it back to sell even more TVs when it does come out! ANd Yes I did speak to a senior exec at Fox and they are sh"tting themselves as Cameron has absolute control of this property and won't be releasing it at least for the first 2 waves in 4K.
James Cameron has said in a recent question and answers video interview that I posted recently on HDN 3D in homes will need be TV with the ability to play in 3D without the needs for 3D glasses to have a future but 3D in the cinema theaters will continue with 3D glasses
His said his avatar films will yes be in 3D in the cinema theaters but he fears for 3D in the home until it's without the need for 3D glasses and also said the 4K remaster of terminator 2 looks better in 2D

It's simple as the amount of TV's available have no 3D playback the film studios will have customers with no ability to play in 3D

Film Studios releasing in the Cinema in 3D is lot different when it come to TV's in the home

James Cameron has said in a recent question and answers video interview that I posted recently on HDN 3D in homes will need be TV with the ability to play in 3D without the needs for 3D glasses to have a future but 3D in the cinema theaters will continue with 3D glasses
His said his avatar films will yes be in 3D in the cinema theaters but he fears for 3D in the home until it's without the need for 3D glasses.

Absolutely correct which is why he's being defiant and only going to release the first wave in 3D, he wants that tech to improve and 4K to just vanish as it's nothing but a marketing ploy. A senior exec at Samsung agrees with him. They are pushing 4K now aggressively because it's got a shelf life of maybe 2 years at best