Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Until the sequel to the biggest film in history comes out. Cameron has made it crystal clear to the studio that all first edition home formats to the sequel will be 3D ONLY. He hates 4K and sees it as worthless. So get all the stupid people to buy their new TV this year in 4K and HELLO 2018 and 3D is back its plain and simple, Samsung etc know this films coming and know it was the reason for a huge amount of first adopters. So take it away completely this year and bring it back to sell even more TVs when it does come out! ANd Yes I did speak to a senior exec at Fox and they are sh"tting themselves as Cameron has absolute control of this property and won't be releasing it at least for the first 2 waves in 4K.

Last time I checked I wasn't stupid ;)

Last time I checked I wasn't stupid ;)

I'm not saying you are, but Samsung are. They are trying everything to push 4K aggressively knowing it's sinking fast and is even more of a niche than Laserdisc. Listen to a few on here and you hear "new" "growing" etc, it's not, their just trying to justify being adopters. It's selling disastrously for what the companies involved want and need. Bluray had the ps3 to push it, UHD has nothing and majority of the buying public aren't interested having only upgraded to HD fully. 3D was always niche, but it actually offers something different. UHD on anything less than a 75inch of above and your eyes will see nothing different from a good quality HD screen.

I'm not saying you are, but Samsung are. They are trying everything to push 4K aggressively knowing it's sinking fast and is even more of a niche than Laserdisc. Listen to a few on here and you hear "new" "growing" etc, it's not, their just trying to justify being adopters. It's selling disastrously for what the companies involved want and need. Bluray had the ps3 to push it, UHD has nothing and majority of the buying public aren't interested having only upgraded to HD fully. 3D was always niche, but it actually offers something different. UHD on anything less than a 75inch of above and your eyes will see nothing different from a good quality HD screen.

Yep I avoid 4K as I am watching my Plasma 3D TV and HD at 1080P and I am just astounded by the details we can see...and indeed I read about the benefit of what needs to be at which distance to get the real benefit of it but true I don't see any added value to watch a movie in Blu-ray and UHD ??? Blu-ray + 3D I get 2 different experience... I really hope by the time I get to purchase my own TV in 2018 I will be able to get just a regular HD and 3D ! Not interested in UHD.

SORRY for being off topic !!!

Yep I avoid 4K as I am watching my Plasma 3D TV and HD at 1080P and I am just astounded by the details we can see...and indeed I read about the benefit of what needs to be at which distance to get the real benefit of it but true I don't see any added value to watch a movie in Blu-ray and UHD ??? Blu-ray + 3D I get 2 different experience... I really hope by the time I get to purchase my own TV in 2018 I will be able to get just a regular HD and 3D ! Not interested in UHD.

I have the same set up a LG Plasma 3D TV and I wouldn't change it for anything!

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Yeah I was told to fully appreciate 1080p you'll need a 40" plus HD TV!
so 75" and above to appreciate UHD makes sense!

I have the same set up a LG Plasma 3D TV and I wouldn't change it for anything!

That is one thing I will miss is Plasma(...maybe I can sneak out of my friend's house his TV :joy::hilarious: !!! But I would be ok with OLED + 3D :thumbs:

Just perfect example I have... I watched 2 weeks ago the Blu-ray of PASSENGERS and Tonight I am watching the 3D Version... so I get 2 different experience for the same movie :wacky: ...I can't wait to start it as when I was watching the blu-ray, I was like ''oh that would be cool in 3D''... can't wait :smuggrin: ..
.the Pool scene in 0Gravity in 3D must be very cool

Not to go too off topic here but a 70" screen isn't needed. As has been said many times before the real benefit is HDR. If you watch a Blu-ray on any size screen and then watch a 4K HDR disc you will see the difference. The high dynamic range is more important than the resolution. Once you have watched a 4K disc going back to the Blu-ray can make the Blu-ray picture look dull.
It's certainly not as big a difference as DVD to Blu-ray was and for most people 1080P is fine. There is a difference between the two though! Whether it's worth the expense for a small increase is up to the individual though as Blu-ray already gives a great picture. Anyway back on topic!:D

Not to go too off topic here but a 70" screen isn't needed. As has been said many times before the real benefit is HDR. If you watch a Blu-ray on any size screen and then watch a 4K HDR disc you will see the difference. The high dynamic range is more important than the resolution. Once you have watched a 4K disc going back to the Blu-ray can make the Blu-ray picture look dull.
It's certainly not as big a difference as DVD to Blu-ray was and for most people 1080P is fine. There is a difference between the two though! Whether it's worth the expense for a small increase is up to the individual though as Blu-ray already gives a great picture. Anyway back on topic!:D

Yup. 4k HDR done right looks phenomenal. And you don't need a 70" tv to see the difference, although it does help. And you don't need an additional pair of glasses with batteries that constantly die to use it.

As a 4k adopter, I'm glad to see this will have a 4k disc. I enjoy 3D too and wish more packages would come with all discs. I get some people haven't upgraded to 4k and they're not interested in 4k and would prefer a 3D disc to be included instead. What I don't get are the false statements like you need at least a 75" screen (what about viewing distance?) for 4K or Blu Ray had the PS3 to push it and UHD has nothing (um the XBox One S?).

Read, watch & learn. As stated by @Sigill, it's not so much the UHD as it is the HDR, that's where these new 4K UHD televisions really shine. Until you experience it for yourself in person you really can't appreciate it.

Now back on topic. I can't wait to see what FilmArena does with this package.

Needs to include the standard bluray and 3D disc to be worthwhile
Yes going by both listings on Film Arena

Both the Standard and FAC Editions are 4K UHD Blu-ray releases no mention of 3D

I assume it includes a standard Blu-ray disc in both editions if it don't I won't be able to watch the film as I will not be purchasing a 4K UHD Blu-ray Player or a 4K TV anytime soon and will be a few years before I even consider upgrading to 4K TV
Until the sequel to the biggest film in history comes out. Cameron has made it crystal clear to the studio that all first edition home formats to the sequel will be 3D ONLY. He hates 4K and sees it as worthless. So get all the stupid people to buy their new TV this year in 4K and HELLO 2018 and 3D is back its plain and simple, Samsung etc know this films coming and know it was the reason for a huge amount of first adopters. So take it away completely this year and bring it back to sell even more TVs when it does come out! ANd Yes I did speak to a senior exec at Fox and they are sh"tting themselves as Cameron has absolute control of this property and won't be releasing it at least for the first 2 waves in 4K.

Include 4K by all means, but not at the cost of the 3D disc.
didnt bother gettnig the Manta SS Steelbook as I wanted 3D rather than 4K
Will sadly be the same here if thats the case.

Just get a TV that handles 4K and 3D. Is that so hard? Honestly, I don't know as I haven't gone TV shipping in a few years.
cant see why it couldnt
(obv would be 1080 3D)

agreed - only minor improvement I like over my buddies newer 55 inch 4K TV vs my 1080 51 in TV, is the refresh rates smoother. Otherwise, am happy with what I got.
(plus she has a Samsung 3D and 4K TV...so its possible)

Read, watch & learn. As stated by @Sigill, it's not so much the UHD as it is the HDR, that's where these new 4K UHD televisions really shine. Until you experience it for yourself in person you really can't appreciate it.

Now back on topic. I can't wait to see what FilmArena does with this package.

I actually prefer the blu-ray image

The other looks kind of fact and too dark (then again, in person this may be differant) but if its down to personal preferance, I cant see my upgrading for a while and I love my 3D movies too much(Disney animation ones, Titantic, Jurassic Park etc ) and regularly watch 3D at home, even still. For me, the glasses are a plus as it makes me have to focus(I've a terrible multi-track mind that doesnt shut up so unless am in the cinema or watching 3D I find it hard to completely focus on a movie,no matter how good it is)

Hopefully FAC will see right and include both 4K and 3D disc's in this :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
FA will only use the inclusion of 4K to boost up their already over inflated prices even more.

If this is the way forward, I will be passing on these as I don't want something forced on me that I don't need.

FA are the kings of multiple editions! Why couldn't they have just done an alternative 4K edition (like HD ZETA did with BvS or the Scanavo Dredd edition) to keep the fanboys happy? :(

FA will only use the inclusion of 4K to boost up their already over inflated prices even more.

If this is the way forward, I will be passing on these as I don't want something forced on me that I don't need.

FA are the kings of multiple editions! Why couldn't they have just done an alternative 4K edition (like HD ZETA did with BvS or the Scanavo Dredd edition) to keep the fanboys happy? :(
Exactly what the guy said when he threw away his last VHS tape.... ;)

With Filmarena continuing to increase prices, it wouldn't surprise me if this will be nearer £60 with postage
if that happens am 100% out

Used to limit imports to £40, but with Brexit, I've had to allow a little more.
Absolute max is now £50 (though I try to stick to 'around' £40)

I
if that happens am 100% out

Used to limit imports to £40, but with Brexit, I've had to allow a little more.
Absolute max is now £50 (though I try to stick to 'around' £40)
Is getting crazy already.... yesterday I ordered Bad Boys from FA site. Cost me €66,42....?!? Are they frigging stupid or what?!? For 1 steelbook incl a kiddy police badge and shipping? I am really thinking of quitting FA now.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Bunk and smileyx9