Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Is getting crazy already.... yesterday I ordered Bad Boys from FA site. Cost me €66,42....?!? Are they frigging stupid or what?!? For 1 steelbook incl a kiddy police badge and shipping? I am really thinking of quitting FA now.... :(
The last one (of only two) I got from FAC was the Deadpool box that cost about £78 delivered so well within my limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
we;re both going to have too at the rate steelbook imports are increasing

in 5 years - £32 delivered for Tangled to £52 delivered for CA:TWS(kimchi...went over my limit due to paypal and didnt realise until after. Boo)

Too true. If my memory serves me correctly my FA John Wick was around £30 delivered to the UK at the time of release.... Prices are escalating far beyond my threshold.

Too true. If my memory serves me correctly my FA John Wick was around £30 delivered to the UK at the time of release.... Prices are escalating far beyond my threshold.
I'm just gettnig pickier and tend to only go for my Disney and Marvel imports

Other movies I'm not getting at all, as a result.
Where once I'd be swayed by pretty packaging, now I have to really like the movie to warrent sale

Was it any good? I'm a bit dubious as to if it will stand up to the anime.
its not a carbon copy of the '95 movie but there are lots of nods and even shot for shot scenes lifted from it. But there are many differances and its more an origin of the characters(for example Batou isnt quite the Batou we know until a 3rd of the way through the movie. Small change but welcomed, as far as I'm concerned)

Its beautiful and it made for 3D, but it felt more of a set up, an origins movie and very neatly tied up, where as the cartoon was more of an open ended headscratch by comparrison. Things werent resolve in the cartoon, they just 'evolved' :)

There are enough changes to warrent a whole new movie, and I'd give it 8/10 personally. Loved it, and fits into teh GitS universe very nicely IMO (though I've only seen maybe 12 episodes and a few movies from said universe-been trying to work my way through it all but there's a LOT :) )

its not a carbon copy of the '95 movie but there are lots of nods and even shot for shot scenes lifted from it. But there are many differances and its more an origin of the characters(for example Batou isnt quite the Batou we know until a 3rd of the way through the movie. Small change but welcomed, as far as I'm concerned)

Its beautiful and it made for 3D, but it felt more of a set up, an origins movie and very neatly tied up, where as the cartoon was more of an open ended headscratch by comparrison. Things werent resolve in the cartoon, they just 'evolved' :)

There are enough changes to warrent a whole new movie, and I'd give it 8/10 personally. Loved it, and fits into teh GitS universe very nicely IMO (though I've only seen maybe 12 episodes and a few movies from said universe-been trying to work my way through it all but there's a LOT :) )

Thanks for non-spoiler opinion!! I'm looking forward to seeing it now :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek