Aug 4, 2012
Release date: September 29th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Base.com
Zavvi.com

Notes: Includes 22 page booklet

Looks like the next steel from Manga Entertainment has been confirmed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...rtainment-confirms-one-piece-films-gits-arise

UPDATE: Confirmed on Twitter as a 2014 Release.

91mmu3zmxdl-_sx522_-jpg.97869

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,361
Last edited by a moderator:
I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶.̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶!̶

Edit: Just saw the price. No thanks.

Reactions: cube
Don't worry, they are gonna dump this steel just as fast as Akira in price.

I hope so, but this is the first release of the original version outside of Japan, and people were paying £40-£50 for that amaray, and I haven't seen anything announced about a regular 1.0 amaray being released here. If the steel is the only release, they might not have to drop the price.

Not quite the art I was expecting, but its something different at least. Kinda hoping for the old DVD cover for the back, since I consider that quite ironic.

I like the art. Being a Manga release it'll have a nice finish too. I still haven't seen the film because I've been waiting for the original version to be released on Blu-ray in an English-speaking country. Excited!

Art is the same as the Japanese edition DVD. That became a collectors item. So this edition more than makes up for that.

If it only comes with version 1 of the movie & you already own GITS V2, then it should not really bother you. You have both versions of the movie. If not, you get the original classic plus an awesome booklet.

None of the official art covers for the original film were ever mind-blowing so I consider this an improvement of sorts. Especially in comparison to the big-boobed Major cover art for the VHS.

Definitely one of my favorite animes! Not crazy about the artwork, but I'm gonna get it! :thumbs: And it comes with a booklet? NICE! :LOL:

I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell in years, but I remember considering both it and the sequel some of my favourite animes ever... right up there with Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D and Blood. I may have to consider this one.