Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Saw this posted on another forum - empty case free with any pre-order purchase of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance on Blu-ray.

Release Date: May 6th, 2012
Best Buy Exclusive!

Thanks to 67stingray - he also states this his store only had about 5 copies, so it looks to be quite limited.

I've put possible as he states it's a steelbook and so does the packaging, but until we see the spine...

ACTUAL PICS:

More actual pictures courtesy of urbeenjammin:
P1010930-1.jpg

P1010940-1.jpg

P1010951-1.jpg

P1010955-1.jpg

Attachments

• ghost_rider3d.jpg
    ghost_rider3d.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 889
Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up during lunch. Was intending to go, but had some free time. Neither the cashier nor the manager seemed to be able to figure out the $5 thiny. But the security guy at the door did, which worked for me. A GB may be difficult due to these issues. Thankfully, other countries are getting these as well.

WOW, the case looks great, but those that have seen this movie be honest, its a turd, right?

I'll be there for Underworld tommorow so maybe I can convince myself to pick one up.

found some at my local bestbuy, a slight annoyance with the pre-order but they gave it to me for $5 plus tax

picture.php

6 of them are extras

off topic

But while there I asked about the Underworld and the guy I know there pulled one from the back and put one aside for me tomorrow and it is indeed a steelbook and comes under the same sku as regular 3d-version

END OF DISCUSSION :twisted:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ IXS
My best buy had NONE and the idiots working there had no idea what i was even talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people have reported that the street date for these isn't until 5/13, so maybe your Best Buy is just waiting until then?

I have a few BB around me and for past pre-order promotions (such as Disney cases) some stores have put them out earlier than others.

Went to two different BB. The first store had at least 20 of them sitting on a side shelf. My copy rang up $29.99 but the girl said that was not right and changed it to $5. I didn't even need to say anything. I went to the second store to see how many copies of Underworld they are going to get. I didn't see any Ghost rider and no one knew anything about Underworld. I will go first thing in the AM.

It's a shame that lazy workers in several stores give them a bad name. When I called yestreday, the woman told me that they were not getting any of the 3D in. I went online and Voila it said they were, I called back and had to give the same woman the SKU, when I asked her why she said they were not getting it, she said her manager told her to say it.

For US collectors looking to get this pre-order steelbook at $5 plus tax, please be patient and understanding of the situation at some BB stores. I spent some time tonight chatting with the assistant manager of my local BB store (he had a little free time because Microsoft was running an in store Windows Phone promotion). Basically the stores all around the country are just sitting waiting to hear which stores would be closed. This in itself creates a lot of anxiety among the workers knowing they will be out of work very soon. The information flow is very controlled right now due to the sensitivity of the situation.

If you see these steelbooks and its display in the store (usually at the end cap of one of the DVD shelves), make sure there is a price label on the display for $5, then take the steelbook(s) to the cashier. When it is being scanned, it will ask you which version you want to pre-order (3D, BR or DVD). Pick one and then make sure you watch the cashier's screen as the full price of the pre-order item will come up along with the steelbook and its $5 price. Stop the cashier and ask him or her why is that item added to the total when it is not what you are buying as the steelbook is a pre-order item and has no movie in it. Then if he or she seems perplexed, gently asked them to void that item and proceed. Ask for the supervisor or manager if need be. Most stores if not all will be getting them sooner or later. It is a matter of the distribution channels and their delivery times. I suspect this one has the same print run volume as Salt.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: ocielz and MK50