DigiPack Ghostbusters (2016) (Extended Cut) (2D + 3D Blu-ray 'Proton Pack' Digipack + Booklet) [Japan]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: December 21, 2016
Order link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 5,655
81akzsUfHXL._SL1500_.jpg

91aEqdJeLyL._SL1500_.jpg

That actually looks pretty cool. I could be tempted if the price drops a little.

Ditto. This is one great-looking Blu-ray package.

I just watched the reboot for the first time and I didn't hate it. It's fun. I didn't dislike Melissa McCarthy as much as I usually do and the other three girls (especially Kate McKinnon) were a blast. I didn't like how it didn't take anything seriously like the originals did (those were straight-up ghost movies with comedic elements infused throughout where this was a straight-up comedy with ghosts), but it stood on its own fine. I still would've preferred a sequel within the same universe as the originals, but whatever... this is what we got. All-in-all, it was a fun flick, but now I have to think about replayability. I definitely won't watch it as much as the first two films.

(And I loved that sequel set-up after the credits)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Ditto. This is one great-looking Blu-ray package.

I just watched the reboot for the first time and I didn't hate it. It's fun. I didn't dislike Melissa McCarthy as much as I usually do and the other three girls (especially Kate McKinnon) were a blast. I didn't like how it didn't take anything seriously like the originals did (those were straight-up ghost movies with comedic elements infused throughout where this was a straight-up comedy with ghosts), but it stood on its own fine. I still would've preferred a sequel within the same universe as the originals, but whatever... this is what we got. All-in-all, it was a fun flick, but now I have to think about replayability. I definitely won't watch it as much as the first two films.

(And I loved that sequel set-up after the credits)
I haven't checked it out yet but I will go in with an open mind. I've heard a lot of bad things but I'm not looking at it as a sequel, more a standalone film. Nothing can be as good as the original movie!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Pop-up!? I Heard The Call!
I haven't checked it out yet but I will go in with an open mind. I've heard a lot of bad things but I'm not looking at it as a sequel, more a standalone film. Nothing can be as good as the original movie!

That's what I did... went in with an open mind. It's not MY Ghostbusters, it's A Ghostbusters. I was never against an all-female reboot; I just hated that Melissa McCarthy was in it. I never find her funny and I think her comedy is just a not-nearly-as-good rip-off of the late, great Chris Farley. In the end, though, she held back her dumb, over-the-top humour for the most part (there's signs of it, but then it's thankfully interrupted), so I was okay with her being in it.

One thing that did annoy the hell out of me was Bill Murray being in this. He has the largest cameo of the bunch and seeing him in this when he said no to GB3 and held it up right to the end of Harold Ramis' life... that really irks me the wrong way.

That's what I did... went in with an open mind. It's not MY Ghostbusters, it's A Ghostbusters. I was never against an all-female reboot; I just hated that Melissa McCarthy was in it. I never find her funny and I think her comedy is just a not-nearly-as-good rip-off of the late, great Chris Farley. In the end, though, she held back her dumb, over-the-top humour for the most part (there's signs of it, but then it's thankfully interrupted), so I was okay with her being in it.

One thing that did annoy the hell out of me was Bill Murray being in this. He has the largest cameo of the bunch and seeing him in this when he said no to GB3 and held it up right to the end of Harold Ramis' life... that really irks me the wrong way.
I did know he was in it but I thought it was just a quick cameo. That's not good then if he was opposed to Ghost busters 3. You would have though he would want nothing to do with this.

I did know he was in it but I thought it was just a quick cameo. That's not good then if he was opposed to Ghost busters 3. You would have though he would want nothing to do with this.

Exactly. For him to say GB2 was crap and then say no to GB3 for 15 years... and then go and praise this and star in a larger role? That's a slap to the face of Akyroyd, Ramis, and Reitman.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Has anyone read the plots for the potential Ghostbusters 3 films? They were pretty awful. I am glad it did not get made. And Ghostbusters 2 wasn't that great for me.

I find the original movies to be classics; however, the new version wasn't as terrible as I thought. I'm getting this and for me that's what matters.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon