Ghostbusters (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 28, 2013
Coventry, UK
Release date: June 27th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

12578223-2044768163576763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters 1 Special Features
  • Ghostbusters Retrospective – Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd” featurette
  • Ghostbusters” Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.
  • Ghostbusters Poster Gallery
  • Alternate Takes
  • Slimer Mode – Picture-In-Picture and Trivia Track
  • Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
  • Ecto-1: Resurrecting The Classic Car featurette
  • Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery
  • 10 Deleted Scenes
  • 1984 featurette
  • Cast And Crew featurette
  • SFX Team featurette
  • Multi-Angle Explorations
  • Storyboard Comparisons
Ghostbusters 2 Special Features
  • Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II And Beyond – Roundtable discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd” featurette
  • Deleted Scenes
  • On Our Own Music Video by Bobby Brown

Reactions: Elaniel
Wow - the price is steep. Perhaps HMV are having an identity crisis and think they are Zavvi? That said, I like the design on these, but not enough to double dip

I really like the artwork, had them on order from amazon.it for just over 12 euros each, going to cancel now and wait for the price to drop on the UK ones and they will.

Little bit annoyed Hmv have these and the price is far too high for both, they are worth £7.99 at best and will be a while for a drop with HMV but good news the U.K. Are getting them

@Noodles

Reactions: Noodles
Little bit annoyed Hmv have these and the price is far too high for both, they are worth £7.99 at best and will be a while for a drop with HMV but good news the U.K. Are getting them

@Noodles
Cheers for the tag mate. :thumbs:

Very happy the UK are getting these, but not too happy about that price... I'll definitely be waiting for a price drop. :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
A brace of beauties - particularly GB2 - and most welcome releases with those lovely colours :thumbs::thumbs:

Unfortunately single retailer exclusives - in this case HMV - so a painful wait on the cards for sensible pricing and if these had to be exclusives then they should have been with Zavvi for any hope of decent prices a month or two after release . . .

Would be fit and proper if both had re-mastered so-called 4K discs inside and one of these should at least be inside GHOSTBUSTERS 2 as it is in the previous steelbook release from two years ago.
Proper 4K discs. . . unlikely.

Another 2 for the "Gallery 1988" from a year ago to add to the mostly very nice 10 already out there and these two could be up there with the best of them :-

117642_large.jpg
118331_large.jpg
117644_large.jpg
118333_large.jpg
117646_large.jpg
117647_large.jpg
117645_large.jpg
117643_large.jpg
117641_large.jpg
118558_large.jpg

Some may not like the style or the price - I like the style on most of them but the price is so OTT on these 2 from HMV as to be almost a joke especially when the previous 10 - all Zavvi Exclusives if I remember correctly - were priced @GBP 14.99 at pre-order - again if I remember correctly.

Q: How many of these 10 steelbooks still in stock a year later ?
A: 4 (DR. STRANGELOVE, KING FU HUSTLE, SUPERBAD, EASY RIDER).

The original GHOSTBUSTER 1 & 2 steelbooks from 2012 & 2014 are quite nice but these two are more to my liking and are a good fit for others in the Gallery collection :thumbs:

The Zavvi exclusive original still available for GBP 9.99 (before any discount code) with GB2: "Sold out".

Widely available everywhere else for almost half the price of the HMV I'm disgusted to say.

Various finishes on the 10 above so I'm loathe to second-guess the finish on these upcoming 2 but if I had to make a guess I'd say:
- Matte/Satin/Zero with spot gloss
- No embossing or debossing

EDIT 5/6/16:
Price adjustment from the OTT GBP 19.99 to a more reasonable 14.99.
Still too expensive IMO and as much as I like these I'll be waiting for them to do a "Sherlock" before I buy.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Maximus15