Actual pic thanks to huggy2k4:
GHOSTBUSTERS_PS_03.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS_PS_04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters Steelbook has just arrived in the post! :LOL: Not a bad way to spend £4.99! Arrived in a flimsy envelope as usual but arrived undamaged hopefully :ohno:

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Just noticed a tiny paint chip through a worn bit of sealing and a tiny dint in the front god damn it!!! :angry:

Received mine today, there packaging was all bent up in the corner and when i opened it the steelbook looked more like a banana than anything else.

That sucks guys. It's completely pot luck how these will turn up! :(
I got mine today with the thin foam layer but it was thankfully unscathed.

I've just tried the disc, and the PQ is pretty poor. I think I definitely be upgrading it to the 4K transfer when it has fallen in price.

Reactions: Stevieboy

I've just tried the disc, and the PQ is pretty poor. I think I definitely be upgrading it to the 4K transfer when it has fallen in price.

Yeah mine came in a thin foam layer, it can probably get the Small dint out and the scratch isn't bad. sounds like I've been lucky to a certain extent. :ohno:

Received mine aswell today, didn't notice it on the floor and stood on it :ohno: thankfully nothing was wrong with it. Now looking forward to the second film coming out.

Mine arrived today as well. A1 considering the dire packaging. That's 8 steelbooks from Zavvi in two weeks I've got and not one damaged. My luck must run out some time.

Just tried my disc and have to agree, don't think it looks much better than my dvd :hilarious: Think I'll be popping into CEX for a 4k disc:thumbs:

Is anyone else here perturbed by the Ghostbusters logo being flipped horizontally? They've even done it in the title logo!

Any ideas as to why the designers of this SteelBook felt the need to flip the artwork? It looks wrong, and bugs the hell out of me

Is anyone else here perturbed by the Ghostbusters logo being flipped horizontally? They've even done it in the title logo!

Any ideas as to why the designers of this SteelBook felt the need to flip the artwork? It looks wrong, and bugs the hell out of me

The logo was flipped on UK release, a quick google search will explain why.

Apparently, the "Backwards" logo is used in most over seas merchandising (and Zavvi is in the UK).
The logo was reversed as the Europeans originated the "no" logo (circle with the slash) in this form, and artists on the movie didn't want to the logo to feel alien to them.

Google search for this image, and notice the direction the majority of them are facing.

Erm... but it's an American film, with American actors, who have the Ghostbusters logo on the sleeves of their jumpsuit uniforms the OPPOSITE way around. Is this not alien to us? They also drive on the opposite side of the road, so if anything is alien to us, it's that above all else!

I'm also pretty sure that most previous and subsequent releases of the Ghostbusters films on VHS, Dvd, and Blu-Ray have the logo the CORRECT way around, so it's pretty much only the SteelBook release (and maybe one or two Dvd releases) which are wrong!

It was a stupid decision. Damn bureaucrats!

Ghostbusters 1&2 Blu-Ray release:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B00KWWFV2I/
81LU4AFa93L._SL1500_.jpg

Ghostbusters Amaray 2009 Blu-Ray release:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-Blu-ray-Region-Harold-Ramis/dp/B001X22X9A/
51HC8Y9yocL.jpg

Ghostbusters Amaray Blu-Ray (2014 re-release):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-Blu-ray-Bill-Murray/dp/B00KWWFV64/
815rX0X2-tL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghostbusters 1&2 Dvd release:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-2-DVD-Bill-Murray/dp/B000A0XTPS/
51V8MTVM3QL.jpg

Needless to say, the artwork for the Zavvi exclusive Ghostbusters 2 is the CORRECT way around, so they clearly didn't care that much about alienating us here in the UK!

Last edited:
Although if those pictures are right, the logo is still reversed on the title for the single Blu-ray and on the spine picture for the double feature DVD.

I wasn't originally that bothered about the logo being reversed, although I'd rather it hadn't been, but with Ghostbusters II now the other way round it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a shame this wasn't thought through in the first place.

I still don't like the spine of the Ghostbusters steelbook. It's like Sony went 'well, it's part of a budget range so let's make it look like one', rather than the more simple designs of other releases.

Picked up the 30 anniversary 4K remaster Blu Ray to pop in the Steelbook.

I got lucky with a copy on eBay for £4 (€8 delivered). Description said it was 'very good' and it just turned up brand spanking minty new wrapped in cellophane in a slipcover!

Anyway my question is, is there new additional stuff on this anniversary disc? I can't find my steelbook J-card to compare.

I know it's got the DTS audio which the original didn't if I remember correctly?

Picked up the 30 anniversary 4K remaster Blu Ray to pop in the Steelbook.

I got lucky with a copy on eBay for £4 (€8 delivered). Description said it was 'very good' and it just turned up brand spanking minty new wrapped in cellophane in a slipcover!

Anyway my question is, is there new additional stuff on this anniversary disc? I can't find my steelbook J-card to compare.

I know it's got the DTS audio which the original didn't if I remember correctly?
Yes The 30th Anniversary Blu-ray it has the following new extras
Who You Gonna Call (HD, 24 min)
A nice retrospective with Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd talking with journalist Geoff Boucher about the film's history and genesis, the characters and cast, and its legacy while sharing a variety of anecdotes and memories.

Gallery 1988 Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Print Collection (HD) — Essentially, a still gallery of pop-culture artwork.

Alternate TV Version Takes (1080i, 4:3, 1:31): A few clips from the television version.
Music Video (1080i, 4:3, 4:19): "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker, Jr.

It also has the extras from the previous Blu-ray release

This classic badly needs a premium release.

Imagine a full glossed steelbook with an embossed Ghost logo! Housed inside an awesome slipcover with booklet and character cards etc......?!

Somebody PLEASE make it happen :cry: