Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom
Price: £20.99 (Amazon) - £20.00 (Zoom)
Note: Includes magnet

81i5Z0BRVrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't a fan of the film, so it would need to be cheap to even consider it.

It would also need to match the original releases and not the pop art ones as I have the older versions (and don't like the pop art style anyway). I'd be buying it just to own it I think, and that's something I try not to do no matter how good a steelbook looks. There are some amazing steelbooks out there for movies I'd never want to own so justifying this to myself is going to be pretty tough. I'm not even a completist so don't worry about having sequels I don't like either, with this being a reboot and not even a sequel it's looking less likely for purchase.

Mind you, if there's zero mention of it being the reboot, at least the logo is the right way so I might be tempted just to put the original in the box instead.

They are gonna really have a problem with complaints on this one. There is absolutely no way (going by the cover and title) to delineate this from the original. I imagine a lot of returns.

It says '2016' in the title description on both sites......
I think a lot of average buyers don't check the stats below. It would actually be a nice edition if it were the real Ghostbusters film from the '80s!
They actually changed the title in the U.S. for home video (Presumably to avoid this confusion). Now it is GHOSTBUSTERS: Answer The Call.

Last edited:
If that's the final lenticular image, I might just swap the magnet over on to my original Ghostbusters steelbook instead .....
That's an expensive swap. Maybe Cudzndrips already has a cool Ghostbusters lenti mag for sale on ebay or his site for less than doing that? (I haven't checked his site in a while so I don't know). But I DO like your thinking!
Slap that puppy on the original! If it's a good enough lenticular image I might do that myself...
(of course, assuming that it doesn't flip to the image of the new cast....)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Expect a lot of furious customers once this hits the shelves with that artwork. I can see CeX employees getting mixed up, accidentally putting the remake disc in the 1984 original case. Easy mistake to make, an unfortunate one to endure.

It's worrying that so many people think the general public is so stupid they can't differentiate between releases lol

It's also so funny the amount of people saying they didn't like it but will buy it, now that is silly.

Nice! Unfortunately, I only purchase 3D and 4K Blu-rays (unless it's a release from the big 5). If I don't establish a line somewhere I won't have a house to store them in!

Maybe I could just BUILD a house out of Blu-rays... problem solved!