Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11274760-8094384792016061.jpg

11274760-1274384792035765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have memories like this- I think the film was called Troll. It involved a monster in a basement and it stabbed people with a ring and they turned into a forest!!!

I watched it over 30 years ago now, so I can't really remember - but some things stick

Anyone else remember this film? Or did I make it up?

i remember it :) i remember apartment being full of leaves n **** :)

Reactions: Simon1976uk
I have memories like this- I think the film was called Troll. It involved a monster in a basement and it stabbed people with a ring and they turned into a forest!!!

I watched it over 30 years ago now, so I can't really remember - but some things stick

Lol sounds mental. Like a messed up nightmare

Nah never heard of it but like you said some things stick

I have a memory (and this could easily be dream or made up but I don't think it is) of a really dark pinnochio film and I particularly remember a scene of someone (possibly pinnochio) walking on a path way through a forest and the trees come to life and try to grab him. Really scary trees too. It might not even be Pinocchio but i swear it was and although it could of been a dream/ nightmare I'm convinced I watched it on tv. I was extremely young.
I've searched high and low for it over the years and can't find anything so if that reminds anyone then please let me know. Again it might not of been pinnochio but in pretty sure it was.

Mate just found this. Googled troll film and it looks well messed up lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I recognise the troll and looks like something my dad watched and probably tried make me watch it but I must of run lol
He also had some freaky mask that looked like him lol

Ok sadly you are correct but the movie was Troll 2, loosely based off Troll which was equally awful. They made them drink this Green stuff and they became trees. Sadly I have watched multiple times. The best part is the towns name is NILBOG and the big reveal is Holy S*** Nilbog is GOBLIN spelled backwards. There was a cult in the town as well and they brought the green food to make the new neighbors eat. It was terrible now I need to rewatch. haha

Thank you 101 Films - out of the almost 50 Blu-rays you've released recently/are about to release as part of your "Cult Movie Collection" we get these nuggets . . . and maybe in a steelbook too !

All in the collection are decent "popcorn flics" though hardly any could be considered "Cult" films (IMO) apart from "Dolls" (1987) and "Toy Soldiers" (1991) with runners up "The Lost World" (1960), "The Island of Dr. Moreau" (1977) and "Futureworld" (1976) - though naturally not a patch on "Westworld" (1973) - deserving honourable mention.

For true cult films it's worth checking out some of 88 Films' "Italian Collection" (NOT their "Slasher Collection") such as "Zombie Holocaust" (1980), "Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals" (1977), "Night Train Murders" (1975) and "Burial Ground" (1981) - coming next month - as well as a few others.
Films previously banned as "Video Nasties" and now restored, looking good and as complete as they have ever been.
Each should cost no more than GBP 8.99 if Amazon continues to track HMV's pricing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope the price of this 2 BD steel is no more than GBP 14.99 at pre-order (2 BDs in line with the separate releases of the two Amarays coming in March and April).
After the price has come down I will pay GBP 8.99 each for the Amaray Blu-rays and will get this double steel if the price is right as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding "The Ghoulies": entertaining enough for fans of "bad" films (like myself) but the question remains "Are they PG-13 rated with several scenes cut (reportedly and unbelievably up to 12 minutes of cuts) from the first film or are they the "R" versions with boobs, more blood and a throat ripping scene ?"
Maybe someone with old VHS copies can advise on the certification stamps on those ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any fan of Jack Nance (Wolfgang) could check out the weird and wonderful "Eraserhead" (1977) courtesy of the talented David Lynch but b e w a r e if you're still spooked by the images in "Ghoulies" as you'll be mega spooked by "Eraserhead" as it's one of those films once seen not forgotten.

A quick Google search answers your question of age rating on VHS

Same age rating as second film too but file is too large to upload

image.jpeg

Mate just found this. Googled troll film and it looks well messed up lol

View attachment 217167 View attachment 217168

I recognise the troll and looks like something my dad watched and probably tried make me watch it but I must of run lol
He also had some freaky mask that looked like him lol
Troll was a staple rental for me in the 80's for some reason!!! It's also got Atreyu from The NeverEnding Story in it, playing a character called Harry Potter...

Reactions: Flloydo
The regular Blu-Rays are being released on April 11th, so why is the SteelBook coming in June? Surely they would want to release it alongside the regular versions?

Quick quiz:
Can anyone, (off the top of their head) , think of 10,000 movies that deserve steelbook treatment before these?!
Anyone? I'm only asking for 10,000...

Reactions: Bunk
This is one steelbook I will be instantly pre ordering when it goes live

Artwork looks decent
The price listed at the moment is the MSRP price the actual price when it goes live will be less

Zavvi exclusive
Pre Order Not Live yet

View attachment 236390 View attachment 236391
Release Date 22nd August 2016
Price £29.99 TBC

Price will most likely be cheaper when goes live

The Ghoulies 1-2 - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-gh...usive-limited-edition-steelbook/11274760.html

Looks like a border in the mock up so maybe embossing? Probably the toilet, the title is too high

I have no real need for this but I think i would pick it up when it's bargain bucket cheaper. It will just always be a weird memory of my dad to be honest lol
(That sounds so much stranger that it's meant to ha)