[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Germany is the world champion 2014!!!

Marco86

The Naughty Dog
Premium Supporter
Jul 17, 2013
Germany
:DWE HAVE DONE IT:D

Hi all,

I am still very excited Germany won the World Cup of 2014!
Please allow me to share my joy with you, my precious Ninjas 8-)

What is up for graps you ask?

- AVATAR German MediaMarkt Exclusive sealed and mint
- THE RAID Play.com Exclusive sealed and mint

Here is what you have to do to win:

1. Thank this thread
2. Either MAKE ME LAUGH or INSPIRE ME
How you do it is up to you. Text, photo, video...the choice is yours.
I know the inspirational part seems much harder but you will probably have less competition.
3. State which Steelbook you'd like to have.

There will be 2 winners. One who really made me pee my pants and one who inspired me (doesn't matter how or about what). You can also try to win both steelbooks by posting one post with something funny AND inspirational.

Who can participate:

- Anyone with 30 posts or more

Postage has to be covered by the winners. The lucky ninjas need to contact me within 7 days after the winners have been announced or the steelbook will go to the second best in the respective category.

Who wins will NOT be decided by random.org. I will choose the posts that I liked the most in both categories.

Winners will be announced in the first week of September because I am on vacation the whole August.

Alright guys, I hope this GA will be a success with lots of funny and inspirational posts for all of us.

Thanks

Marco

PS: Please PM me if I forgot anything
PPS: All regular GA rules apply

Now enjoy this masterpiece and WIN THIS GA:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway Marco :thumbs:

Food for thought:

There are people who are always ready to attack or criticize no matter what, and, in that case, indifference has been my best tactic.

Funny:

A 3-in-1 joke: K servers, BF delayed releases, Z's customer service + steelbook packaging. :hilarious:

22Z8J.gif

Either steelbooks is fine, all in good fun :)

You've probably seen every funny Germany vs Brazil bit of media going, but this one made me chuckle:

DJDNK3M.png

Personally I was rooting for Germany in the final, after their performance against Brazil it'd be criminal if they didn't win. And then, in extra time, when all Argentina wanted to do was foul every German on the pitch... Tsk tsk. A world cup victory deserved.

Oh, and The Raid please :p

Reactions: Marco86
Hey marco86, thanks for the giveaway.

I'll go for something funny for now and is German related. Well I hope you find funny.
About 9 years ago a German guy named Marcus moved into the bungalow next door to us who seemed like a really nice chap so the family and him got chatting and made small talk (not many people down my road talk to each other).
Anyway after a few months of him moving in I could always hear weird noices on random nights really late at night and sometimes coming from my own garden (my bedroom was at the back of the house) and it used to freak me out lol. Anyway one night, not too late I heard something jump over the fence and hit the ground like a hippo being shot! I went outside with a torch trying to find out what was going on (sh*tting myself) to find a paralytic German out cold on the crazy paving!
My mum was coming down the stairs and I told her that I think that's Marcus from next door and she just replied "oh that's what that noise was, yeah don't worry he does it all the time" and turned around and went back to bed.
I couldn't Belive it, and thought it was hilarious. Turned out he used to end up in my garden thinking he was originally in my garden and Jump over the fence to get into his own garden which always turned out to be my garden! So many times he slept In my garden.

He basically used to go down the pub one or two nights a week and get absolutely smashed and loose his keys each time (usually in the pub which he always got back the next day) and end up going home and trying find ways of getting into his house or sleeping in mine or his own garden sometimes strangely mistaking my house for his bungalow lol.

A few other times he would knock on the door (never too late or at stupid o clock, he was actually quite the gentleman drunk!) and he would ask to borrow a step ladder to get into those tiny rectangle windows that some people have at the top of a normal window which he always kept open and that was one of the funniest things to watch. But that was only when he came home battered in the day, usually a Sunday. Everytime something like that would happen he used to bring us food to say sorry but we didn't actually mind(mostly german Christmas cake) I can't even think of the amount of time this used to happen. we got on with him tho and he was harmless.

That was Marcus, he's not lived there for a couple of years now due to his work but he does rent it out and I Belive my mum and her partner still keep in contact with him.

I actually wouldn't mind on either steel as I don't own either but the raid would be my ultimate choice

Here is also me messing around with Pineapple Express!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for the awesome giveaway. I would love to win the Raid! Thought about your inspirational idea and it reminded me of something I read about Abraham Lincoln.

Being a fan of Spielberg, I naturally enjoyed the movie that came out too. But more so because of the man he was. Here is an amzing factual know how of how many times the poor man failed in life before he finally got it right. And only for it to end in tragedy. But still, a man that proves that anything is truly possible no matter what comes your way.

Good luck to everyone!

Abraham Lincoln Didn't Quit
Probably the greatest example of persistence is Abraham Lincoln. If you want to learn about somebody who didn't quit, look no further.
Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown.
He could have quit many times - but he didn't and because he didn't quit, he became one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country.
Lincoln was a champion and he never gave up. Here is a sketch of Lincoln's road to the White House:
  • 1816 His family was forced out of their home. He had to work to support them.
  • 1818 His mother died.
  • 1831 Failed in business.
  • 1832 Ran for state legislature - lost.
  • l832 Also lost his job - wanted to go to law school but couldn't get in.
  • 1833 Borrowed some money from a friend to begin a business and by the end of the year he was bankrupt. He spent the next 17 years of his life paying off this debt.
  • 1834 Ran for state legislature again - won.
  • 1835 Was engaged to be married, sweetheart died and his heart was broken.
  • 1836 Had a total nervous breakdown and was in bed for six months.
  • 1838 Sought to become speaker of the state legislature - defeated.
  • 1840 Sought to become elector - defeated.
  • 1843 Ran for Congress - lost.
  • 1846 Ran for Congress again - this time he won - went to Washington and did a good job.
  • 1848 Ran for re-election to Congress - lost.
  • 1849 Sought the job of land officer in his home state - rejected.
  • 1854 Ran for Senate of the United States - lost.
  • 1856 Sought the Vice-Presidential nomination at his party's national convention - get less than 100 votes.
  • 1858 Ran for U.S. Senate again - again he lost.
  • 1860 Elected president of the United States.

Muller yogurts have offered Thomas Muller 5 million to take Germany's corners to help get them more sales. Poor effort but I just want to be in the giveaway aha. The raid is a must I watched it on TV the other day and it's class.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!! :thumbs:

I would love to get The raid!

I'll try to be funny :

I find a photo of Kimchi's web site developer :
tumblr_n5efa1q0ZD1s8pd5uo1_400.gif

How I feel when i read "no more copy available" after getting up at 3:00 to order a steelbook :
tumblr_n46o8sVMaP1s8pd5uo1_400.gif

Zavvi's postal package section :
tumblr_n3z1v51T7V1s8pd5uo1_500.gif

A new Marvel/Kimchi/Blufans... is comming :
tumblr_mzgc6c8Aom1s8pd5uo1_500.gif

I hope you enjoy my sense of humour. :LOL:

Awesome giveaway Marco! :D

This pic is for both categories;)

image.jpg

Oh, and I would love to win Avatar!

Last edited by a moderator: