[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Germany is the world champion 2014!!!

Marco86

The Naughty Dog
Premium Supporter
Jul 17, 2013
Germany
:DWE HAVE DONE IT:D

Hi all,

I am still very excited Germany won the World Cup of 2014!
Please allow me to share my joy with you, my precious Ninjas 8-)

What is up for graps you ask?

- AVATAR German MediaMarkt Exclusive sealed and mint
- THE RAID Play.com Exclusive sealed and mint

Here is what you have to do to win:

1. Thank this thread
2. Either MAKE ME LAUGH or INSPIRE ME
How you do it is up to you. Text, photo, video...the choice is yours.
I know the inspirational part seems much harder but you will probably have less competition.
3. State which Steelbook you'd like to have.

There will be 2 winners. One who really made me pee my pants and one who inspired me (doesn't matter how or about what). You can also try to win both steelbooks by posting one post with something funny AND inspirational.

Who can participate:

- Anyone with 30 posts or more

Postage has to be covered by the winners. The lucky ninjas need to contact me within 7 days after the winners have been announced or the steelbook will go to the second best in the respective category.

Who wins will NOT be decided by random.org. I will choose the posts that I liked the most in both categories.

Winners will be announced in the first week of September because I am on vacation the whole August.

Alright guys, I hope this GA will be a success with lots of funny and inspirational posts for all of us.

Thanks

Marco

PS: Please PM me if I forgot anything
PPS: All regular GA rules apply

Now enjoy this masterpiece and WIN THIS GA:D

Last edited:
Dragons.jpg

The picture is for The Raid. Thanks for the give away!

Reactions: Marco86
Wow what a giveaway thanks dude I'd love the raid and for this I'm going to inspire you

When life is getting you down, when you look in the mirror and feel down about yourself, for those rainy days when your bored to death, when you feel you can do nothing right, them days when the bills come through the door, the day your car breaks down and blows up, the day your zavvi exclusive turns up with yet another spine slash
Just remember be happy life could be a whole lot worse
3FE829B3-0953-49D5-88C6-CBBA4E258BBC-9204-00000AA20FCAFEA2_zps6ce0df4c.jpg

Nice giveaway! Germany really deserved the win. On the subject of inspiration, I came across this video the other day, it's a segment from Wagner's 'Das Rheingold' Opera, a piece many will be familiar with from Kubrick's Apocalypse Now, with the addition of the sopranos. I turn the volume very high and listen to it with my headphones on, and it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end every time. Being a Wagner piece, this also carries on the German theme of this thread ;) I hope someone else will enjoy it too.

I had to look up the definition of 'Valkyries' as I wasn't sure, and it can be summed up in the following words, 'In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norsevalkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live'. Provides a good bit of context to watch the video in.

If I had the choice, I'd go for the Avatar steelbook, but both would make great additions to my collection. Thank you.

Nice giveaway! Germany really deserved the win. On the subject of inspiration, I came across this video the other day, it's a segment from Wagner's 'Das Rheingold' Opera, a piece many will be familiar with from Kubrick's Apocalypse Now, with the addition of the sopranos. I turn the volume very high and listen to it with my headphones on, and it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end every time. Being a Wagner piece, this also carries on the German theme of this thread ;) I hope someone else will enjoy it too.

I had to look up the definition of 'Valkyries' as I wasn't sure, and it can be summed up in the following words, 'In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norsevalkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live'. Provides a good bit of context to watch the video in.

If I had the choice, I'd go for the Avatar steelbook, but both would make great additions to my collection. Thank you.

Kubrick's Apocalypse Now???!!! o_O

I was working on the set of a movie a month ago to the day and they played a motivational piece over the speakers to generate energy. It was one of the coolest things I had ever heard. I didn't know what it was. My main question was: is it just audio or is there some video out there to go along with it? I finally tracked it down, and it is awesome. It combines inspiring sports figures, motivating quotes, and some very moving music from some of my favorite movies. Some parts border on the cliche, other parts are very touching. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Congratulations to Germany on the victory.

If I would be fortunate enough to win, I would prefer The Raid. However, I would take Avatar if the other winner preferred The Raid.

Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway Marco86

I just watched this video before leaving to the offcie this morning, way to get motivated :thumbs:

or this poor fellow Mexican that is sure that Robben "play" vs MEX was not a penalty

Relly I dont know why but I always cheer for Germany

1405334760774_wps_5_Germany_champions_top_Twi.jpg

Will go for Avatar

Thanks for the amazing giveaway Marco!!

This one gets me every time, short but sweet. I must have watched it over 50 times and I always get a chuckle. Here's hoping you haven't seen it yet Marco because you're first time is bound to have you in stitches :D

Sorry forgot to add which steel I would prefer, since I already own a copy of The Raid I would love to win Avatar. Thanks again for the awesome giveaway!!

Last edited:
I really appreciate your posts guys! GREAT GREAT STUFF

Some Ninjas forgot to either thank the thread or post which steel they are in for :thumbs:make sure to do both please

Cheers

Thanks for the give-away!

In honor of the winning goal...

gotze.jpg

No, Mario Götze, the soccer player who scored Germany’s winning goal for the World Cup yesterday, does not have a banana in his pocket.

He is just really, really, happy to be hanging out with his girlfriend, German model Ann-Kathrin Brommel Vida, on this boat.

This picture circulated the Internet last year, but now that Götze has become a mini celebrity, it’s making rounds again.

I can’t blame him for that raging boner; his girlfriend is very attractive.

Though, I would suggest wearing something a little less tight and revealing — PSA: never, ever wear a Speedo — if you know that you have a hot model of a girlfriend whose bikini color makes it look like she literally isn’t wearing clothes.

THE RAID steelbook is the PRICE I want!!!