Gladiator (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #98) [Czech Republic]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 2, 2018 (Standard), May 16, 2018 (FAC) (pre-order April 12, 2018 at 20:00 CET - still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)
Purchase link: Standard - FAC
Price: 1099 CZK - (Standard) - 1399 CZK (FAC)
Group Buy: GB open HERE
Notes:
UHD + Blu-ray WWA SteelBook. Limited numbered 0-600

29261586_1752480528202249_8512284538225819648_o.jpg

FAC #98 GLADIATOR XL FullSlip + Lenticular 3D Magnet includes:

- WWA Generic Double Disc SteelBook
- Exclusive XL FullSlip with an attractive finish
- 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc + Blu-ray Disc
- Exclusive 3D Lenticular Magnet (3D Deep Effect)
- Collectible Special Cards
- Exclusive Booklet 36P
- Collectible Character Cards
- Exclusive Collector's Folder (not showed in the Beauty Shot)
- Collector's Numbering Card and Hologram
- Exclusive Sticker FAC #98 GLADIATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many who bought FAC's last night/today are now feeling buyer's remorse when HDZ announced their new WEA less than 24 hours later :wow::coffee: Talk about timing :wacky:

Another reason I'm happy to skip this is due to FA new trend of "XL" releases :cautious: HDzeta's are fat and beefy enough for me (but still within the realms of being normal sized :LOL:) but these FAC XL's are just frickin' HUGE!!! :OMG::wtf: Like their previous Maniacs Boxes, too big IMO.
I bought it.....with actually no remorse. To be honest....you can predict others will come as well, or not? It’s just a matter of time.
I will try to get HDZeta’s as well. If that one’s better I can always sell FA.

:LOL::censored::bag::sorry:

Maybe offer your copy up to another member buddy. Someone may have missed out and would be happy to take your spot in the GB ;):whistle:
It's crossing my mind mate, on the fence, but I'm always disappointed with HD Zetas steelbook itself but can never fault their package and bonus items. Need to think hard about this one!

Reactions: Mickle_89
I actually like FAs fat XL slips. It’s nice to have a different weight now and then on selective releases.

We won’t be seeing Zeta’s for a while as they have a few projects to clear up first but I think I probably be double dipping on this.

I think we be seeing a whole load of the first gladiator and SPR boxsets going on Ebay to make way for these new updated slips, not the cruddy ones they made in the early stages G1 designs.

I think, FilmArena excels in FULL SLIP more than HDZeta
So those do not have to be disappointed
As well as of kimchidvd also have SLIP FULL amazing with WWA
But in the result, they rely on their reputation
The real disappointment will be when we see the result
Then it was hard to get it from EBAY
Also the number of copies is not much, so the one who obtained a copy that was satisfied
And who did not, so he had successfully with HDZETA which are also particularly great at LENTICULAR

Last edited:
It's crossing my mind mate, on the fence, but I'm always disappointed with HD Zetas steelbook itself but can never fault their package and bonus items. Need to think hard about this one!

how could you be disappointed with HD Zetas steelbook when compare to a WWA steelbook?

how could you be disappointed with HD Zetas steelbook when compare to a WWA steelbook?
Sometimes WWA steelbook can be better than WEA

HDzeta steelbook was originally WEA and later became WWA anyway it was released in Italy

Steelbook artwork is personal choice some will like a release more than other releases
What steelbook you like others may not like and visa versa

What counts is what each person likes and not what others think

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Lack of attractive finish, always flat and glossed and then to top it off, 9/10 times the steelbook has some sort of defect. That's why. WEA doesn't always mean better than WWA!

Lack of attractive finish, always flat and glossed and then to top it off, 9/10 times the steelbook has some sort of defect. That's why. WEA doesn't always mean better than WWA!

i agree with the always FLAT part. They should just intro just embossing / debossing to it

i hear what you guys are saying

my point was, i rather get a bare bones WWA (which of course can be nicer than a WEA) rather than a dress up WWA

i was comparing in that context

but like what Paul said, is what each person likes :)

Cheers

Sometimes WWA steelbook can be better than WEA

HDzeta steelbook was originally WEA and later became WWA anyway it was released in Italy

Steelbook artwork is personal choice some will like a release more than other releases
What steelbook you like others may not like and visa versa

What counts is what each person likes and not what others think

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
I guess I'll join the club:
If anyone decides they'd rather go for the HDZeta one and drop this one (or for any other reason) , please PM me. I'll gladly take it!