Gladiator (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #98) [Czech Republic]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 2, 2018 (Standard), May 16, 2018 (FAC) (pre-order April 12, 2018 at 20:00 CET - still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance)
Purchase link: Standard - FAC
Price: 1099 CZK - (Standard) - 1399 CZK (FAC)
Group Buy: GB open HERE
Notes:
UHD + Blu-ray WWA SteelBook. Limited numbered 0-600

29261586_1752480528202249_8512284538225819648_o.jpg

FAC #98 GLADIATOR XL FullSlip + Lenticular 3D Magnet includes:

- WWA Generic Double Disc SteelBook
- Exclusive XL FullSlip with an attractive finish
- 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc + Blu-ray Disc
- Exclusive 3D Lenticular Magnet (3D Deep Effect)
- Collectible Special Cards
- Exclusive Booklet 36P
- Collectible Character Cards
- Exclusive Collector's Folder (not showed in the Beauty Shot)
- Collector's Numbering Card and Hologram
- Exclusive Sticker FAC #98 GLADIATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot gloss w/ de-bossed title ... really clean with minimal text on the steelbook both inside and out ... 4K disc ...

Granted the front artwork doesn't compare with the 2009 HMV or the recent release from Italy and elsewhere ...
upload_2018-4-5_17-43-47.png
upload_2018-4-5_17-42-59.png

.. but still looks like a decent addition to any collection devoted to this spectacularly good modern epic.

Dear collectors,

let us kindly inform you that FAC #98 GLADIATOR has been completely sold out and will not be available for free sale.

Thank you for your orders.

Team Filmarena

So does this mean that I will not be getting an invoice even though the very moment the order button became available, I clicked and was given the popup that I had placed an order?

I am seriously failing to understand how FilmArena is managing to mis-manage their ordering process.

I specifically tried to follow their rules by NOT ordering from the HDN GB if I had clicked that order button.

Now I may have missed out on multiple releases?

I really hope I am wrong. I am on the verge of being very upset as a longtime FA collector with thousands of dollars ordered.

There is an easy way to ensure this doesn't happen.

It's simple. Don't manage your ordering process in this extremely bizarre and confusing way. Jeez.

you click here on I want to buy
upload_2018-4-12_22-9-6.png

Then you get a popup
upload_2018-4-12_22-9-36.png

and click "send order"

You then are in the queue to get a copy if there are in left over after the people that have collectible numbers have reserved their copy and also after the GB number from here on HDN and maybe other various places. It tells you that you will be contacted if there are copies available after those orders have been filled. If there have copies you will get an invoice send to your registered account email with FA. If not you will get nothing.

I submitted for Gladiator and Showman a few weeks ago so I was able to get copies of each but if you waited until today well yeah you were probably way down the list of people that already requested.

If after all that has happen and still copies left to buy then it goes into free sale preorder like any other site and anyone can order. Click pre order and pay at this point.
upload_2018-4-12_22-14-19.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Grendel
So does this mean that I will not be getting an invoice even though the very moment the order button became available, I clicked and was given the popup that I had placed an order?

Probably, yeah. I placed an order request for this as soon as the item was first listed but never got an invoice either, so I guess all the copies were sold to reserved number customers, GB's, and other people that were ahead of me in the queue. I think that any orders on the day the open pre-order becomes live might also take precedence (not sure about that though). Basically, a popular Filmarena title with a limited print run is probably going to sell out before any free copies can be allocated, so even an early request for an order is unlikely to be fulfilled. On these kinds of titles, GB is definitely the best way to go.

Yes. I clicked that I want to buy button. I clicked Send Order. The record of it is nowhere to be found. No email confirmation either. WTH kind of "order" is that?

I am not asking for special treatment (even though I'm very confused why I don't have the special treatment of a reserved copy like apparently hundreds of other collectors??)

I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on FilmArena releases. I've probably bought something like than 60-70 releases (at least).

It would have been nice to know this ridiculous ordering system before trying to use it like a normal person and getting left out of several consecutive releases by following their rules of not entering the GB if already "ordered" from their website.

I thought I had ordered Gladiator, Greatest Showman, BR 2049, and a few more. Very frustrating.

you will get no record other than this. ORDER ALREADY SENT. This is merely a request and is not binding in any way for you get it.

upload_2018-4-15_12-15-5.png

When did you submit the request? if you didnt do it weeks ago then like i said you are probably to late to the party as im sure they got lots of request for some of these titles. And you are never guaranteed to get it unless you have a collectible number. So if you really want a title then you better use the GB or you are always taking a chance

Yes. I clicked that I want to buy button. I clicked Send Order. The record of it is nowhere to be found. No email confirmation either. WTH kind of "order" is that?

I am not asking for special treatment (even though I'm very confused why I don't have the special treatment of a reserved copy like apparently hundreds of other collectors??)

I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on FilmArena releases. I've probably bought something like than 60-70 releases (at least).

It would have been nice to know this ridiculous ordering system before trying to use it like a normal person and getting left out of several consecutive releases by following their rules of not entering the GB if already "ordered" from their website.

I thought I had ordered Gladiator, Greatest Showman, BR 2049, and a few more. Very frustrating.

As I said before Jimmy, if you want to 100% be guaranteed a copy of ANY FAC release then you need a Low SCH (Still Collectible Holder) number that can guarantee any release. In order to have that collectible number you will need to be committed to buying nearly every single FAC they release in order to maintain that collectible number. I'm not saying you need to purchase every single one, but you need to be committed in regularly buying their releases continuously....OR the number will go to the next person on the waiting lists.

Regardless if you spent thousands of dollars, I believe most of these were purchased in the HDN Group Buy's, NOT directly through FA if I am not mistaken? So if you feel you deserve preferential treatment and a copy reserved for you because you spent X amount in dollars then that's a managerial decision on HDN and the GB Host to decide that, which I'm not going to get into, as there are always Pro's and Con's to this method.

So you need to be clear about the 'I WANT TO BUY' pre-order button, there is absolutely NO guarantee you will get a copy and like Matt has said, you are taking a clear chance. IF you do decide to go through this option, my best bet is to pre-order this via 'I WANT TO BUY' ASAP when it IS available without delay. And again, that doesn't mean you are successful, no one knows exactly how FA selects who should be eligible for a copy or not....

You do NOT get any confirmation emails or anything when you click on I WANT TO BUY. There is NO guarantee you will get any response or not.

I hope that explains everything clear to you.

So to summarie for future rare low qty releases, if you want a guaranteed pre-order, it is either HDN GB Or a Low SCH. If you do NOT have a Low SCH then you can make a request to FA through email, but you will be on the waiting list....

Good Luck in the future on the next pre-orders :thumbs:

As I said before Jimmy, if you want to 100% be guaranteed a copy of ANY FAC release then you need a Low SCH (Still Collectible Holder) number that can guarantee any release. In order to have that collectible number you will need to be committed to buying nearly every single FAC they release in order to maintain that collectible number. I'm not saying you need to purchase every single one, but you need to be committed in regularly buying their releases continuously....OR the number will go to the next person on the waiting lists.

Regardless if you spent thousands of dollars, I believe most of these were purchased in the HDN Group Buy's, NOT directly through FA if I am not mistaken? So if you feel you deserve preferential treatment and a copy reserved for you because you spent X amount in dollars then that's a managerial decision on HDN and the GB Host to decide that, which I'm not going to get into, as there are always Pro's and Con's to this method.

So you need to be clear about the 'I WANT TO BUY' pre-order button, there is absolutely NO guarantee you will get a copy and like Matt has said, you are taking a clear chance. IF you do decide to go through this option, my best bet is to pre-order this via 'I WANT TO BUY' ASAP when it IS available without delay. And again, that doesn't mean you are successful, no one knows exactly how FA selects who should be eligible for a copy or not....

You do NOT get any confirmation emails or anything when you click on I WANT TO BUY. There is NO guarantee you will get any response or not.

I hope that explains everything clear to you.

So to summarie for future rare low qty releases, if you want a guaranteed pre-order, it is either HDN GB Or a Low SCH. If you do NOT have a Low SCH then you can make a request to FA through email, but you will be on the waiting list....

Good Luck in the future on the next pre-orders :thumbs:

sunnyx - I get it. I understand all of this. I'm saying that it's ridiculous. Can't turn back the clock on missing out on the editions I've mentioned.

I've been buying FAC since the very beginning. I'm not asking for any special treatment and have never been offered any kind of SCH or had anything reserved for me ever.

At least now I know, and I learned this the hard way because I had my eye on this Gladiator edition and the others, so I'm frustrated by feeling tricked.

Perhaps my feedback will be considered and perhaps not. Either way... I've said what I needed to say so I' going to move on from this convo.

Thanks

sunnyx - I get it. I understand all of this. I'm saying that it's ridiculous. Can't turn back the clock on missing out on the editions I've mentioned.

I've been buying FAC since the very beginning. I'm not asking for any special treatment and have never been offered any kind of SCH or had anything reserved for me ever.

At least now I know, and I learned this the hard way becaus e I had my eye on this Gladiator edition and the others, so I'm frustrated by feeling tricked.

Perhaps my feedback will be considered and perhaps not. Either way... I've said what I needed to say so I' going to move on from this convo.

Thanks

I've got the same problem. I clicked the want to buy button on Gladiator, G Showman, and Mzae Runner DC. I just started to want and buy FAC releases again. I'm used to getting everything from Karel who was able to get me everything for a long time and appreciated it very much.This has nothing to do with Karel or Martin who are amazing just to be clear. I missed the recent GBs on here by a few minutes.
I have a collectable number in the 1800's from years ago on FA's website, never used it previously. I don't understand the point of having a number over 1001? Its been years since FA has had a title of over 1001 copies on a FAC release. Can I get rid of my number? Is it hurting me? Would it be better not to have one?
No clue what I'm doing, I hit the WANT TO BUY button on all 3 releases weeks ago, no email. Sigh, makes me rethink coming back to FAC after being gone.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jimmyv