Gladiator Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.3) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: March, 2015
Notes: Glossy finish, Title and Helmet Embossed
Steelbook Made in Denmark, Limited 3000 copies.
Disc: Remasterd Disc +Bonus disc, 2 discs are Region Free

* Note, the Lenticular is not glued to slip, it is loose. It was supposed to be loose, according to the design by HDzeta, but this was not clear in the mockup. Someone will be in contact you with to determine whether you wish to receive the product as intended, or wait for a 'glued' replacement from your hub leader, after Xin sends it to them.

Group Buy details (click on spoiler)
1. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 1 ---100 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < Click (SOLD OUT)

2. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 2 ---200 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click (SOLD OUT)

3. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular Version --- 300-400 copies for HDN
Price: 56 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

4. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Normal Slip Version --- 200-300 copies for HDN
Price: 53 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

5. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Quarter Slip Version --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 50 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

6. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular/Normal/Quarter Slip Version Round 2 --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 56$ / 53$ / 50$
Group Buy Link < click

full

full

All the different editions:
Lenticular Slip:
(with normal number card) 1300 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Normal Slip: (with normal number card) 1000 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

1/4 Slip: (with normal number card) 700 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Triple Boxset Artwork: (with Special Metal Number card) Only 500 copies, No.0001-No.0500
full

For in-hand pics, see this post.

Item delayed due to manufacturing/printing issue.
Please see Xin's updated post here

**Please direct all inquiries regarding Steelbook payments, invoices, etc to Alex**
Hubs will invoice for shipping later when Steelbooks are received by the hub leaders.

To know the GB go time in your area, please use this user friendly TIMEZONE CONVERTER

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Masterblaster for his responses via pm and in his thread. The HDN Staff appreciates all that is being done to resolve any outstanding questions/shipments for this somewhat complex group buy (by any of our hub leaders). Ongoing posts in this release thread should pertain to the release itself-all group buy questions for any hub leader need to be sent to the hub leader directly as they are the ones that shipped your orders originally.

We understand that we have an international audience, which brings additional challenges in situations like this, but that is the nature of an international community such as ours.

We fully expect that it is the responsibility of every hub leader and group buy participant to be responsive and friendly with each other when discussing their purchases or fees that are being assessed (customs, tips, etc), apart from HDN group buy fees which help support the site's growth, giveaways, etc. It's natural for people to have questions for each other, when engaging in a transaction, so we thank everyone that is part of group buys for understanding this and responding appropriately and respectfully.

The large scale and time consuming efforts of our hub leaders every day, shipping 100's of copies around the world, is not taken for granted, and group buy leaders and hubs continues to be appreciated in our community. Without them some editions would be even more difficult to obtain for members.

And as has already expressed to John directly by numerous members and the Staff,our best wishes continue to be sent to him and his family at this difficult time.

Thanks all for working with us to get the thread back on track.

Last edited:
20150505_222207.jpg
Finally this morning I have received the Tripack, but I must pay 22€ of custom fee.

@wxlinkswd I have received a free case totally damaged maybe for the weight of tripack, if possible a replace?

Thinking about letting go my tri-pack, never been blown away by the quality of the release (or the actual steelbook for that matter). Anyone else left disappointed by this release?

It took forever for this steelbook to arrive, but I like it. I agree the lenticular is a little underwhelming, but as it wasn't stuck on we have the regular slip to look at if we choose.
I can certainly empathise with someone that bought the tripack and feels disappointed. three copies of the same steelbook and the same movie?

finally was able to secure a copy of this off eBay without paying a fortune! :D
cannot wait until it arrives, it looks stunning!

And me !!! I paid £21.50 for my HD Zeta empty case, brand new. That's a good deal in my opinion when UK versions are still going for £30 upwards with the discs. You can easily grab the Bluray discs for £5 off ebay.

Thinking about letting go my tri-pack, never been blown away by the quality of the release (or the actual steelbook for that matter). Anyone else left disappointed by this release?

You will find most of us are addicted to buying and justifying the expense as have completionist tendencies. But in reality most releases can actually be better. Out of the 110+ steelbooks I own I would say 20 are really worth the premium price as they're simply a work of art.

I just paid £21.50 for an empty HDZeta No.3 Gladiator case and for THAT price, it's worth it. I've paid more for other steelbooks.

You will find most of us are addicted to buying and justifying the expense as have completionist tendencies. But in reality most releases can actually be better. Out of the 110+ steelbooks I own I would say 20 are really worth the premium price as they're simply a work of art.

I just paid £21.50 for an empty HDZeta No.3 Gladiator case and for THAT price, it's worth it. I've paid more for other steelbooks.
£23 is a bargain. Possibly one of the most limited/scarce steels in my vast collection.

Right, my Gladiator steelbook just arrived. And Oh My Gaaawd ... that finish though ! I would definitely say it is worth every penny of what I paid £21.50 (I think I could justify spending £35-40 on this EASY). Those shimmering sections on Maximus's armor, the embossing, but that soft to touch gloss finish that DOESN'T leave finger prints either because it's a light coloured steelbook or they've used some other agent in the gloss mix. Truly stunning steelbook, really pleased I bought it.

Reactions: frankfish44
Its a fabulous steelbook, really annoying to have the hate for this release. Its a stunning steelbook for one of the best films, and barring taiwan grail i dont see any competition for it.