God of War Origins - PSP Collection Out Now!

Xerios

Premium Supporter
Apr 11, 2011
Edison, NJ

Featuring:

1. Full HD Remaster
  2. 3D
  3. Trophies
  4. Duelshock implementation
  5. Dolby 5.1 / DTS surround sound support.
  6. Bonus content will include DLC contents from Ghost of Sparta – God of War: Game Directors Live roundtable video and Legionnaire Kratos & Forest of the Forgotten.

252px-God_of_War_Chains_of_Olympus_NA_version_front_cover.jpg

Plot:
During Kratos' ten years of service to the Olympian Gods, he is sent to the city of Attica to help defend the city from the invading Persian army. After successfully killing the Persian King, decimating his army and their pet monster the basilisk, Kratos observes the sun fall from the sky plunging the world into darkness. Kratos fights his way through the city of Marathon and witnesses the black fog of the Olympian Morpheus which now covers the land in darkness. Kratos also hears a haunting flute melody which he eventually recognizes as a song once played by his now deceased daughter Calliope.

Finding the Temple of Helios, Kratos is tasked by the goddess Athena to find the missing sun god as in the absence of light, Morpheus has caused the remaining gods to fall into a deep slumber. Kratos eventually locates Eos (the sister of Helios) who advises that the Titan Atlas, has abducted her brother. Kratos retrieves the Primordial Fires needed to awaken the fire steeds of Helios, who take the Spartan to the Underworld, where he has two encounters with Charon at the River Styx. Although Charon initially defeats Kratos and banishes him to Tartarus, Kratos returns and destroys Charon.

Eventually locating the Temple of Persephone and confronting the Queen of the Underworld, Kratos is given a choice: renounce his power and be with his deceased daughter (at a cost to mankind) or proceed with his mission. Kratos sacrifices his weapons and power to be reunited with his daughter, but discovers Persephone is bitter at being betrayed by Zeus and being forced to remain in the underworld with her husband Hades. While Kratos was distracted by his reunion with Calliope, Persephone's ally Atlas was using the power of the kidnapped Helios to destroy the Pillar of the World which would also end Olympus. Choosing to abandon Calliope forever, Kratos takes back his power and binds Atlas to the Pillar of the World he sought to destroy forcing the Titan to now hold the weight of the world on his shoulders. Kratos battles Persephone to the death. Although Kratos is victorious, he is warned by a dying Persephone that his suffering will never end. Atlas also warns Kratos that he will eventually regret helping the gods and that they will meet again.

Riding Helios' chariot back into the sky and seeing the return of the sun, a mournful Kratos then loses consciousness from the exertion and plummets to the ground. Kratos however is saved by Athena and Helios who then return to Olympus.

256px-GOW_Ghost_of_Sparta_boxart.jpg

Plot:
An oracle foretold that the demise of Olympus would come not by the revenge of the great Titans, who had been imprisoned after the Great War, but by a marked warrior. The Olympians Zeus and Ares believed this warrior to be Deimos, the brother of Kratos, due to his strange birthmarks. Ares interrupts the childhood training of Kratos and Deimos (with Athena watching) and kidnaps Deimos. Kratos attempts to stop Ares, but is swept aside and scarred (across his right eye) by the Olympian. Ares attempts to kill him, but Athena stops him, knowing Kratos' destiny. Taken to Death's Domain, Deimos is imprisoned and tortured by the god of death, Thanatos.

Kratos, the Ghost of Sparta, has taken Ares' place as the new God of War on Mount Olympus. Still haunted by visions of his mortal past, Kratos decides- against the advice of the goddess, Athena -to explore his past and travels to the Temple of Poseidon, located within the city of Atlantis. The sea monster, Scylla, attacks and destroys Kratos' vessel off the coast of Atlantis, although the Spartan drives the beast off. After a series of skirmishes across the city, Kratos eventually kills Scylla.

Kratos also locates his ailing mother, Callisto, who attempts to reveal the identity of his father. When Callisto is suddenly transformed into a hideous beast, Kratos is forced to battle her, and before dying, Callisto thanks Kratos and beseeches him to seek out his brother Deimos in Sparta. Before departing from Atlantis, Kratos encounters and frees the trapped Titan, Thera, which causes the eruption of an underground volcano, and subsequently destroys the city. During Kratos' escape he has another encounter with the enigmatic Grave Digger, who warns of the consequences of alienating the gods.

After a battle with Erinys, the daughter of Thanatos, Kratos arrives in Sparta and witnesses a group of Spartans tearing down a statue of Ares, intent on replacing it with an image of Kratos. After killing the Piraeus Lion and a dissenter in the Spartan Jails and an encounter with the spirit of his child self in the Temple of Ares, Kratos learns he must return to the now sunken Atlantis and locate the Domain of Death. Before leaving, a loyal Spartan provides Kratos with his former weapons- used during Kratos' days as a Captain of the Spartan army -the Arms of Sparta.

Entering the Domain of Death, Kratos eventually locates his imprisoned brother Deimos and frees him. Enraged that Kratos failed to rescue him sooner and stating he will never forgive Kratos, Deimos attacks Kratos, but the god Thanatos- responsible for Deimos' torture -intervenes. Thanatos takes Deimos against his will to Suicide Bluffs (the site of Kratos' suicide attempt), where Kratos saves Deimos from falling to his death. A grateful Deimos then aids Kratos in battling the god. Thanatos kills Deimos but is destroyed, in turn, by Kratos. Kratos, remarking that his brother is finally free, places Deimos in his grave (leaving the Arms of Sparta as a grave marker), and is warned by the enigmatic Grave Digger who once aided him not to alienate the gods, stating Kratos has become "Death...the Destroyer of Worlds."

Athena begs for forgiveness (offering full godhood and even acknowledging Kratos as her brother) for not revealing the truth, but Kratos ignores her, returning to Olympus promising that "the gods will pay for this."

In a post credits scene, the Grave Digger places Callisto in a grave near Deimos (with an empty third grave nearby) and states "Now...only one remains." The final scene is a brooding Kratos sitting on his throne on Mount Olympus.

Attachments

• PSP-God-of-War-Chains-of-Olympus-Delayed-2.jpg
    PSP-God-of-War-Chains-of-Olympus-Delayed-2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 89
  • god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-logo.jpg
    god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-logo.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:
PSP God of War games heading to PS3?

According to a report on the Magic Box (via Eurogamer), Sony Taiwan is planning on bundling together God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta for release on PlayStation 3.

The PSP actioners will apparently boast higher resolutions as well as improved graphics, in addition to supporting both Chinese and English language options.

According to the site, the duo will be packaged under the moniker of the God of War Portable Collection.

Stay tuned for more info as we get it.

i briefly predicted this when GoW 4 talk was coming.. i love this idea.. i own a psp but i will not play one if i dont have to. im not on the road or in the car or on a plane frequently enough to play one.. I often said it would be great to release these 2 games on 1 disc... this is great news if its true

Really wish that there was trophy support to support the trophy lover in me. Regardless, I know a few PSP games I'd love to play on my PS3.

God of War: Origins Collection Bonus Content Detailed, Roundtable Reflections

Hey everyone. With God of War: Origins Collection due to hit stores next week (September 13th!), I thought it would be fun to share my recollection of what went down at the Game Directors Live round table discussion last year prior to the launch of God of War: Ghost of Sparta, but before I do, here’s a quick teaser trailer of the event. Remember the full video is part of the bonus content that is included in God of War: Origins Collection, along with a Legionnaire Kratos skin and the Forest of the Forgotten combat arena, all on the same Blu-ray Disc.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="349" id="viddler_sceablog_2,114"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/6a4849b0/0/"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"/><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/6a4849b0/0/" width="545" height="349" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" allowNetworking="all" name="viddler_sceablog_2,114" flashVars="f=1&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f"></embed></object>​

Now back to the event…it was September 1st and we were deep into the final stages of completing Ghost of Sparta when the taping occurred. Do they even use tape anymore? Anyway, it was apparently the only time when all five of us could be in the same place at the same time. So, Ru and I drove up to the El Portal Theater in North Hollywood from the Ready At Dawn office, tired and battered, but ready for what would be an interesting evening. When we pulled up to the theater, there were already fans lined up outside waiting for the doors to open. That was a cool sight and it gave me the first clue that this was going to be memorable for all of us. We snuck in through the side entrance and went down to the green room so that they could throw some HD-compliant makeup on us and make sure we were fit for filming. While that was going on, Cory (who I hadn’t seen for quite some time) strolled in and we caught up a bit before David arrived. I had never met him before that night, so I was really looking forward to it. He was cool and we all kinda sat around and got acquainted before we moved up to the stage area where preparations for filming were still underway.

Several media outlets were shooting before-and-after coverage of the event and each of the directors had an opportunity to answer some quick questions. I saw Stig being interviewed and made my way over to him after he wrapped to say hello. Since God of War III and Ghost of Sparta had overlapping production schedules, it hadn’t been very long since we last spoke or saw each other. Once all of the directors were accounted for, we were bounced from camera to camera doing interviews while the crew worked on the lighting, sound checks, video playback, and final stage dressing. By the way, the stage was crazy looking, but what I remember most of all is that they pointed out several fake stone tiles that we should avoid stepping on because they were made of thin, flimsy plastic that we could fall through. How very God of War…where are the spinning saw blades flying across the floor? I’m feeling real good about this now. Rehearsal is about to start.

None of us knew exactly what was going to transpire. I mean, we had an idea because a rough outline of the show had been sent to us, but until we got on stage and started running the plays, I don’t think we had a good idea of what the show entailed. Alison Haislip was hosting the show and I think she did a great job. I had met her briefly at E3 while I was giving press demos of Ghost of Sparta in the PlayStation booth. She seemed into our game and the whole God of War franchise so I think it was a good fit. Practicing the director intros took forever. Seriously. Alison would say a little bit about each game/director, a screen would drop from the ceiling, a short video for the relevant game/director would play, and then we’d walk from stage-left onto the set and take our seats. Of course, there were numerous issues that required a full reset and we’d have to start all over again. Practice makes perfect. I remember the first questions were directed to David as they were about the beginning of everything. He basically said he wasn’t going to answer the questions during rehearsal because he was saving the good stuff for the actual show. I’m glad he did because it made the discussions more interesting and real. Some of the answers were really interesting and made me look at God of War from completely different angles. That’s what I really enjoyed about this night. Each of us attacked this game from a different perspective. We are in these games. Five different people guided incredibly talented teams towards a unified goal. And we talked about how that was made possible.

Finally, it’s show time. The crowd was excited. We came out and did our thing. Check out the final cut and see for yourself. There was actually quite a good deal of content not included because of time, but I think they edited it down to what was important. The Q&A session at the end was really fun. One of my favorite things is fielding questions from people in the audience. You never know what they’ll ask and sometimes they can catch you off guard. It probably also makes for good television.

After the show, Cory and Stig had to head out, but Ru, David, myself, and some great folks from PlayStation stopped over at a little restaurant for some relaxation and more conversation. We ate, drank, and talked about the past and the future. You know… standard industry stuff. Actually, the discussions we had after the show were just as entertaining as those we had on stage. I had a great time and I’m excited that more people will get to share this experience when they get their copies of God of War: Origins Collection.

Double The Destruction – God Of War Collection Volume II - OUT NOW!

Just a reminder that God of War Collection Volume II will be available this week from Wednesday 14th September onwards! (Retail and PSN)

For those that missed the previous posts, you get to experience two legendary PSP titles; Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta totally revamped for the PS3.

I hope you will agree the guys at Ready At Dawn have done an amazing job revamping these titles and the following clip really does show the effort and time in making sure the PS3 version benefits from 1080p visuals running at a rock solid 60fps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aT2gObG3Dsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

In addition to trophy support the game is also playable in full 3D which really does look great if you are lucky enough to own a 3D TV. If you haven’t yet experienced the chaos of Kratos make sure you download the demo from PSN store.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tayVD3Jdaf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

it was... too bad i beat and platinumed both in 2 days =( good games..... didnt like the story in COO but GoS was pretty much right on..

this game is also interesting and the promo of this game is very amazing and the game concept is also different so it is fun to play it.