Hong Kong
Release date: May 31, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy.com
Price: $24.99 release week
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

gods_of_egypt_steelbook.jpg

image.png
image.png

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD/BD/Digital HD),
3D Blu-ray Combo Pack (3D BD/BD/DVD/Digital HD), Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD/Digital HD), and DVD Combo Pack (DVD/Digital) releases of Alex Proyas' Gods of Egypt. The 4K UHD and BD discs will include a DTS:X audio option and there will be also be a special Steelbook Blu-ray (see below).

Blu-ray extras will include:
• Deleted Storyboards
• A Divine Vision: Creating a Cinematic Action Fantasy
• Of Gods and Mortals: The Cast
• Transformation: Costume, Make-up & Hair
• On Location: Shooting in Australia
• The Battle for Eternity: Stunts
• A Window into Another World: Visual Effects

DVD extras will include:
• The Battle for Eternity: Stunts[/i]
• A Window into Another World: Visual Effects

Last edited by a moderator:
The art is fantastic but the film does look sooooo bad lol

Like @tono06 says why do such bad films get great looking steels?!?!?!?

Lol! Why the best artwork is always for bad movies!

The art is fantastic but the film does look sooooo bad lol

Like @tono06 says why do such bad films get great looking steels?!?!?!?
A terribly awesome steelbook:woot::naughty::thumbs::watch:, a must have in my collection,:rolleyes: even if the movie sucks.:angry::spitout::vomit:

This comment is only of how good the trailer was in qualifying who bad the movie would be, with a terrible plot.

IMO:The only things that mess up in the movie is that,

1.Its happening in our own reality.
2.The love story which is too centralized. (this should not exist, the main reason this film sucks for me):bag::vomit::vomit:
3.Trying to do jokes.
May be more

(Not seen the film yet while keying those words)

Again why isn't this a blu-ray / 4K combo for fans of the film. It would make more sense than a DVD /blu-ray combo now that the 4k format is out It means you can enjoy the blu-ray and a couple of years down the line when the machines are good enough, get a 4K player for both.

Is this the Gerard Butler movie? That steelbook looks amazing! But from the trailer and the reviews, it doesn't seem like a movie that I want to buy.

Reactions: Flloydo
Is this the Gerard Butler movie? That steelbook looks amazing! But from the trailer and the reviews, it doesn't seem like a movie that I want to buy.

yeah the butler one

Some of the scenes look like they have no atmosphere like it's literally filmed in a garage with a green screen behind them. If you get what I mean plus Jamie from thrones looks so bad, acting wise and appearance. I'll give it a go but I'm not holding my breath for anything good.

Steel looks fantastic though

@Lollard2002 looks like you've got your 4K you keep banging on about lol

Check the OP

It will look even more fake now haha

Edit: looks like that's all the different releases for the film. My bad. Maybe it will have 4K

Last edited:
The artwork is fantastic
If this is embossed, it'll be tough to resist purchasing
since it tanked in the box office, I'm pretty sure this will be $24.99 or higher, but it'll be wise for Lionsgate to make this $17.99 to encourage sales :)

Easy pass

I'm not actually interested in the 4K film but since it will be available at the same time as the blu-ray, it seems logical to have it in the steelbook as well.

I have that artwork as a poster and it is absolute gorgeous to look at with so many hidden details, the artist should be complimented! That artwork is only available on the steelbook and that only contains the film on blu-ray. If you want the 3D Blu-ray you have to buy the separate combo pack. Missed opportunity there - I would have spent the extra money to get the steelbook with 3D but not if I have to re-buy the combo pack just to get the 3D disc. :(. The film was quite mindless fun (and I do mean mindless) but the 3D work on it was very good and made it more satisfying.

Reactions: Ricker
as said : cool steel for not so cool movie. easy pass. as I'm running out of space for my blu's