Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 17th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr

91jb9R8QUDL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
:oohyeah: :oohyeah:

It wouldn't have bothered me to get the German one, after all it's Warner Bros. so it's likely to be the same steelbook/discs, but it's nice to see Warner France getting back in the steelbook game (they're doing 300 2 too), now in G2 thankfully — not that their G1 steels are bad, in fact some of them are beautiful (Contagion, J. Edgar, Sherlock Holmes 2, Dark Shadows are my favorites) and when you have a few they're really not a bother.

I very much enjoyed Godzilla, I like how the film was structured (it pissed some people off, not me) and how it looked, and it'll be a pleasure to have it in steelbook :).

Last edited:
it's nice to see Warner France getting back in the steelbook game (they're doing 300 2 too), now in G2 thankfully
I'm not so sure that french 300: rise of an empire steelbook will be G2 :D
And i'm not so sure this one will be G2: it will have a giant blue/red/green/whatever color banner on top, like theu always had, and it will be G1 for sure :D
3 discs...interesting

BD3D movie+BD2D movie+DVD movie, as usual for french 3D WB releases

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that french 300: rise of an empire steelbook will be G2 :D
And i'm not so sure this one will be G2: it will have a giant blue/red/green/whatever color banner on top, like theu always had, and it will be G1 for sure :D

You may be right, I had not seen the revised version of the mockup for 302, now it does seem to have a bloody bloody banner (see what I did, British folks :D - because the red used for the banner and its style try to mirror blood) blending into the steelbook :(.

But we're not sure it's G1 yet, and I for one would like to believe that during the 18-month hiatus Warner France took from releasing steelbooks, they looked into their soul and realized people don't want G1. M6 Video, part of the Warner FR group, did release G2 stelbooks during that time (like Looper). So it may be foolish, and the mockup for 300 does seem big for a G2 steel, but I have hope :).

Last edited:
Although historically, Warner France standard steelbook cases have been G1, their 3D steelbook cases have ALL been G2. As both these titles are 3D, I'd put money on them being G2.

You will, however, have to put up with the spines reading from bottom to top.

Last edited:
How many 3D WB french steelbooks are there? i remember The Hobbit: un unexpected journey only (it's G2, of course, but it's the only one: i wouldn't take it as an example): after that, no more WB steelbooks in France
Last 3D movies (Gravity, Man of steel, Pacific Rim, The great Gatsby, Wrath of titans) didn't have a french steelbook (the latter had 2D, G1 size)

Last edited:
How many 3D WB french steelbooks are there? i remember The Hobbit: un unexpected journey only (it's G2, of course, but it's the only one: i wouldn't take it as an example): after that, no more WB steelbooks in France
Last 3D movies (Gravity, Man of steel, Pacific Rim, The great Gatsby, Wrath of titans) didn't have a french steelbook (the latter had 2D, G1 size)

The 3D release of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" was, as you point out, a G2 steelbook, yet Warner France simultaneously released 3 different 2D steelbooks of this title, all G1.

The individual 2D steelbooks of both "Wrath of the Titans" and "Clash of the Titans" were G1 but the 'Coffret 2 Films' containing both titles in 3D was a G2 steelbook, albeit a jumbo.

Yet the similarly styled 'Coffret 2 Films' containing "Sherlock Holmes" and "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" was a G1 steelbook, again a jumbo. I venture to suggest because both films were 2D only.

I may be wrong and this could all turn out to be nothing more than a fluke but it does appear to be the case that Warner France has differentiated between its 2D and 3D steelbooks. G1 for the former and G2 for the latter.

It's unfortunate that they didn't release a similar array of steelbooks for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", as that would have confirmed things one way or the other.

I guess we're just going to have to wait and see whether "Godzilla" and "300: Rise of an Empire" get G1 or G2 3D steelbooks.

Personally, I stopped buying steelbook on amazon.fr because they send the steelbook in A1 cardboard envelope and I think that's always the case.

Yeah I had this happen as well with one order, of course we all detest this kind of packaging.

Anyone here order more than one? Maybe they have better packaging if you order more than one steelbook.