Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 17th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr

91jb9R8QUDL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
300:RoaE doesn't have a UK steelbook, let's hope this one, and Edge of tomorrow, will.
btw german one pre-ordered: that damn french banner is not for me

I understand why they put 3D on it...not all steel have 3D attached to it's releases. But in my opinion -> "3D" should be as a sticker on the steel. So if someone don't like it, can take it off.

I am not a fan of 3D on steelbook...but for example on Predator 3D it was ok for me, cause this is the name of the product.
3D helps also to avoid missunderstandings like with Texas Chainsaw that it was not written, and some of us were considering buying 3D version to complete collection...afer opening turned out that it is 3D.

There could be big dissapointment is someone bought it earlier.

Reactions: chunk
I understand why they put 3D on it...not all steel have 3D attached to it's releases. But in my opinion -> "3D" should be as a sticker on the steel. So if someone don't like it, can take it off.

I am not a fan of 3D on steelbook...but for example on Predator 3D it was ok for me, cause this is the name of the product.
3D helps also to avoid missunderstandings like with Texas Chainsaw that it was not written, and some of us were considering buying 3D version to complete collection...afer opening turned out that it is 3D.

There could be big dissapointment is someone bought it earlier.

3D is OK when it's part of the title, like Predator 3D: no recent WB movie has 3D in its title, then the 3D logo should be on slip/j-card (stickers = glue on steelbook, no way :p )

I was thinking about transparent stickers like the one that are sticking J-Card to the steel. Not the glue, but very light ones...

Or maybe 3D magnets?:) That would be nice!

Thanks to a fellow ninja, I got 300 from France because it turned out that Germany, the version I had pre-ordered, was only English/German and France had the rest of European languages. I'm busting my head as to what's gonna happen with Godzilla (and Edge of tomorrow)
So far I have this one pre-ordered on both amazons and hope someone will mention something before release. But Edge of Tomorrow troubles me because there are no other steels announced in Europe.
Oh well. I'll keep an eye out for another candid Ninja to bring the good word.

Oh dear! Drab finish and giant 3D plastered on the front....:vomit:

Glad I went for the super glossy Korean FP instead...:naughty:

Yeah, the finish on this one is definitely too muted. I'm thinking the Korea, TW or HK versions are the ones to have.

Hey @earthscope ...perhaps I'll make a few sheets of 3D decal stickers and send them to you so you can plaster them all over your precious steel collection. :hilarious::rofl::smug:

Yeah, the finish on this one is definitely too muted. I'm thinking the Korea, TW or HK versions are the ones to have.

Hey @earthscope ...perhaps I'll make a few sheets of 3D decal stickers and send them to you so you can plaster them all over your precious steel collection. :hilarious::rofl::smug:
@steel888
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop::punch::angry::rofl::LOL::rofl::squint:

I don't know if you saw the video and pictures Cooey posted in the FP thread? But the embossing and finish of the US and Asian Futurepaks was awesome...:drool::notworthy:

Reactions: lgans316
Here are the technical details on the j-card:
Both 3D & 2D:
DTS-HD MA 7.1 French & English - Dolby Digital 5.1 Italian
Subtitles: French, Italian, Dutch, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
Hard hearing: English & Italian

Thanks, although it'd be a great thing to have the confirmation of the discs as sometimes things are missed on j-cards, specially when 3D and 2D are on same release

For 2D disc (3D asap)

AUDIO:
Codec Language Bitrate Description
—– ——– ——- ———–
DTS-HD Master Audio English 5270 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 5270 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio French 2914 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 2914 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:
—– ——– ——- ———–
Presentation Graphics English 27,585 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 16,584 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 28,357 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 17,944 kbps
Presentation Graphics Danish 18,555 kbps
Presentation Graphics Finnish 17,223 kbps
Presentation Graphics Icelandic 20,360 kbps
Presentation Graphics Norwegian 18,321 kbps
Presentation Graphics Swedish 18,677 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0,271 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0,925 kbps

For 2D disc (3D asap)

AUDIO:
—– ——– ——- ———–
DTS-HD Master Audio English 5270 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 5270 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio French 2914 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 2914 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:
—– ——– ——- ———–
Presentation Graphics English 27,585 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 16,584 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 28,357 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 17,944 kbps
Presentation Graphics Danish 18,555 kbps
Presentation Graphics Finnish 17,223 kbps
Presentation Graphics Icelandic 20,360 kbps
Presentation Graphics Norwegian 18,321 kbps
Presentation Graphics Swedish 18,677 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0,271 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0,925 kbps

Would appreciate the 3D info as there seemed to be a discrepancy with German edition, some sites reporting it had English, German and Spanish and others with must English and German.

Thanks